Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #11
laserbeak420
Generation 2
Re: going to Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monari View Post
I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm in Japan now and am shocked at how quickly Transformers disappear here, even in Akihabara. Forget Yodobashi, unless you're there an hour before they open on release day you won't get anything. They NEVER have MP's in stock. The place gets completely cleared out.

Likewise most of the other shops get wiped out fast within about a week. I haven't been to any Toys R Us here yet though so I can't speak to that.

There might be one place that I know which may have an MP Soundwave left, but that particular figure disappeared even faster than usual. Next time I go to Aki ill go check for you.

Hit me up when you arrive, we can go hunting.
sweet thanks!
laserbeak420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:05 AM   #12
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Pic up the Super7 guide to Tokyo's Underground Toy Scene...it will outrank all of the rest of the info in this thread on it's own:

http://www.amazon.com/Tokyo-Undergro.../dp/0979667801

James

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #13
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
True, but I personally found Mandarake to be more of a gold mine for older toys and used releases; MP Soundwave being a fresh release, it'd probably be easier at Yodobashi/Bic/Sofmap/TRU.
You can find current stuff at Mandarake but, MP Soundwave maybe a little too new and in high demand right now. It's just that it disappears real quick. I always have a couple of tabs open that I check twice a day for stuff I'm looking for.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #14
Crossfire034
Plane fanatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Oh hey, I never did update that thread... heh...

Quote:
Try to find a Yodobashi Camera, Bic Camera, or Sofmap. They are big department stores with HUGE toy and electronics sections.
Or hell, even simply just a TRU while you're there.
This is probably your best bet. From what I saw, they have a good stock of current-release figures, but finding exclusives is a hit-or-miss scenario. That being said, don't make the same mistake I did... I loaded up on Gundams n' such the moment I got there, and by the time I finally found an MP Starscream (on my last day in Japan, at that)... I didn't have any room in my luggage. I was more than a little angry, I'll tell you that.

Quote:
True, but I personally found Mandarake to be more of a gold mine for older toys and used releases; MP Soundwave being a fresh release, it'd probably be easier at Yodobashi/Bic/Sofmap/TRU.
Pretty much what this gentleman said. To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the items Mandareke had during my visit... most of it was expensive-as-hell G1, a used Masterpiece Magnus, and a few Binaltech/Alternators.
Crossfire034 is offline   Reply With Quote