Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 12-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
pside9
Beasty
Re: Year Of The Horse Masterpiece Optimus Prime To Be Released As a US Toys 'R Us Exc

I remember when TRU.ca prematurely had the pre-order up for YOTH Prime way back when Acid Storm was added on.
I'm sure we'll have that option again.

I'm just wondering if I should get MP10B (Nemesis) from Takara instead.
pside9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #12
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Year Of The Horse Masterpiece Optimus Prime To Be Released As a US Toys 'R Us Exc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
The only issue with this is that when TRU has orders from TRU.ca, they have a program where it's the stores with stock that fulfill it and send it out to everywhere in Canada, so the stock you see can be depleted very fast if the store is one of the few with a plethora of availability.
Regardless, all I can say is for a period for around a month every time I walked in to a TRU there were Soundwaves and Acid Storms on display. So either they weren't selling super fast or they had plenty of stock. I cancelled my pre-order from TRU.ca because I was able to pick up Soundwave and Acid storm in store. Then again maybe I was at the center of a perfect storm where I was constantly hitting the TRU at almost the exact time they put out the Masterpiece figures.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #13
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Regardless, all I can say is for a period for around a month every time I walked in to a TRU there were Soundwaves and Acid Storms on display. So either they weren't selling super fast or they had plenty of stock. I cancelled my pre-order from TRU.ca because I was able to pick up Soundwave and Acid storm in store. Then again maybe I was at the center of a perfect storm where I was constantly hitting the TRU at almost the exact time they put out the Masterpiece figures.
Because you are at BC. I never saw one single Soundwave in ToyRus around Toronto. I'm glad there was still option to order online.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #14
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Clusterfuck spotted on the horizon, Captain!!!

A lot of us (collectors) will be zeroing in on Blingy Prime for his clear trailer so our MP10Bs will have some thing cool to haul. I forsee a crapload of trailerless YOTH Primes flooding the secondary market after the dust in the aisles clear. I do hope distribution is better this time around but a possible outcome is it'll be a shelfwarmer on account that no one really gives a shit about it beyond us.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:31 AM   #15
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Because you are at BC. I never saw one single Soundwave in ToyRus around Toronto. I'm glad there was still option to order online.
Exactly. I must have gone to 5 different TRU in Ontario and they were all dry. One manager told me they have them but will not release them due to all the chaos. They were in his office he said so no staff could buy them. It was a huge cluster f@ck right from the get go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Let's hope for online pre-order back on tru.ca..
This is possible. TRU UK already has a place holder for YOTH Prime on their website here so I assume Canada should follow suit soon.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #16
justprime
Animated

Don't bet on it the U.K. as well as aussi get tfs and we never see 'em, we seem to be a black hole when it comes to hasbro filling shelves here,.. really don't understand it you think they would like to sell there product make $$$,.. we seen only to get it after everyone else (exception being prime first ed) ...states already are recieveing the newist generations beast wars etc where are they here? prime again will be a shortfall here (if we see it at all just like the rest of the current MP line)and after last years out cry for the mp10 did hasbro listen is my question? the title of this post suggests that they are deaf to us Canadians.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
chuskers
Machine War

Year of the Horse Prime up for pre-order at TRU.com

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=search

Hopefully TRU.ca soon to follow ????
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #18
Jeepmanhastj
Beasty

Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuskers View Post
Year of the Horse Prime up for pre-order at TRU.com

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=search

Hopefully TRU.ca soon to follow ????
Jeepmanhastj is offline   Reply With Quote