Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Collections Spotlight

Old 11-23-2016, 12:44 AM   #11
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: Is there anyone else that is not happy with the Titans return toy line?

I did not buy a single CW or TR figure. I don't dislike the new Generations sub-line. But I am glad that Takara is using CW/TR to test out designs that could benefit future MP figures.

Generations Blitwing + TR Triplechanger Megatron => MP Blitzwing
TR Astrontrain => MP Astrontrain
TR Galvatron => MP Galvatron

etc...
Old 11-23-2016, 01:05 AM   #12
Roadhammer
Wrecker

I'm also really enjoying TR, though I haven't been able to collect as much of it as I would like just yet. It helps that I'm being more selective with the figures I want, and the figures I've gotten are really solid. I can't wait to get my hands on Triggerhappy and Overlord.
Roadhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 01:06 AM   #13
Msol
Titanium

I dunno, I'm loving the line.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 01:45 AM   #14
Xtreme987
Metroplex

So far so good for me. No the line isn't perfect, but really what line is ?
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:42 PM   #15
RazzAq
Machine War
RazzAq's Ebay Auctions

same, so far so good. I don't complain much, I just enjoy playing with my son, and love looking at them when in detolf shelves..
Old 01-28-2017, 08:21 AM   #16
BigWillay
Robot Master

I think after the way the CW line disappointed for so many, with the constant mould fatigue. TR is a breath of fresh air, yes there are a few figures that share the same mold, but they are different enough that it doesn't feel like your paying for the same figure. The headmaster gimmick is awesome and makes me think back to when I was a kid. I think the deluxe class figures have been superb so far The chromedome, brainstorm and the wolfwire are my favs so far in the line.
I think the legends class figures have really delievered for the most part as awell. I think Wheelie is fantastic (even tho he doesn't clip together) the bumblebee is ok... but Gnaw and Kickback are excellent. Yes there are some that blow... ravage and lazerbeak (with other repaints) come to mind.

I think the voyager/leader class is where this line fails... the PMOP is a nice throwback , however after that it fails to impress... The mask gimmicks on blaster, soundwave and galvatron are just awful! Ive customized my galvatron and only got him cuz I found him on sale at TRU and I still can't stand him. I love Blaster one of my fav characters as a kid.. but everytime I pick his toy up I put it right back down because its so bad. The only one who I like.... (and I don't think hes excellent) is that of Astrotrain, it's not the greatest setup... but more of a will do......

My only major frustration is Hasbro's boxes.. and whats in there... they knew kickback and gnaw would be popular... and did the cases on purpose!
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:54 AM   #17
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I'm really enjoying this line so far. The only one that has been kind of a dud for me is Sixshot. He's a little too plain for me.

Everything else has been fun under the sun for me. especially the Titan Masters and Legends figures.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:43 AM   #18
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

I think that Soundwave is my favourite TR figure so far. For the price, it is a really good rendition of the character.

I think the deluxes have been excellent, but Wheelie and the cassettes have been good too (even Lazerbeak - but not ravage. Ew)

On the whole it has been a decent line. I see absolutely no evidence to indicate that the quality of the designs or execution have been deteriorating over the last few lines.

(Not discussing the movie figures…)
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 12:39 PM   #19
Soundwaves
Robot Master

I used to feel like I needed to buy everything...now, chug is my baseline....especially classics.

If the figure isn't a better g1 or g2 iteration than that line, I pass.

Exceptions being characters I am a sucker for. Like soundwave or jazz.

I'll admit, the headmasters gimmick does nothing for me.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:53 PM   #20
Nocturn
Previously Dead

I'm into it. It's the first line I've gotten more than handful of figures from since ROTF and these toys are a definite step up from 2009-2010 era TFS. Not buying everything but the line is *fun* the play pattern is *fun* and unlike CW it's not all boxsets or whole waves you have to buy, you can pick just the figures that really appeal.

Sure the base modes and gun modes are kind of forced but you can pretty easily ignore them, it's a secondary gimmick.

For most of the figures the headmaster just adds play value. So what if the character wasn't a headmaster before? It's not as if there aren't a glut of other soundwaves and hot rods out there for you to choose from. But these ones come with teeny tiny pilots. It's adorable

I don't have Galvatron but the helmet/head gimmick on SP, AT, and Soundwave don't bother me at all. The voyagers I think display fine with or without them, whereas the helmet on Soundwave doesn't limit the articulation. No complaints

If anything I could mention QC as my Skullsmasher likes to pop his limbs off but it's nothing worse than QC issues I remember
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote