Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-02-2015, 07:14 AM   #31
alternatorfan
g1 baby
Re: Who is the Greatest Transformers Character of All Time?

Bumblebee and spike reporting for duty??
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:29 AM   #32
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Optimus Prime.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:04 AM   #33
Hellboy
Alternator

I pose this; Without Optimus, Megatron would have been "The Greatest" (discounting good/bad methods) if we were to look at who would have ruled over everything. So that technically makes OP "The Greatest" like rock over scissors. But without those two who would have been "The Greatest"? Unicron would have dominated everyone if not stopped by HotRod/Rodimus in the G1 universe.

I'm not talking favourites... because Starscream rules in my world even though a completely incompetent leader. TF:Prime Starscream was a lot more cunning and capable but still an overall wannabe.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:44 PM   #34
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Would Optimus Prime be so iconic or the "best" character without his equally iconic nemesis, Megatron? Doubt it. Every legendary hero needs an equally impressive anti-hero.

I watched Transformers, not to see Optimus Prime win, but to see Megatron lose!

Perspective
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:46 PM   #35
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Ok , honestly would be to hard to pick for me, as it changes with each new cartoon/ comic/movie that comes out.

Starscream, would get my vote I guess if I absolutley had to give an answer. As I liked him, in most of the differnet shows . Where as, in BW I liked Megs the best.

Prime, Megs, Rodimus, Jazz, Galvy, Grimmy, Waspinator, Blurr, Knockout(Prime) & Perceptor would all be close firsts/seconds

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection

Last edited by Rodimus Prime1; 09-02-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:53 PM   #36
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

For me It's between MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam and Marcross VF-1.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:26 PM   #37
CanBot
Cybertron

This needs to be changed to a vote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:14 AM   #38
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Again, it's fine for people to like other characters and see them as great and even be their favourite, but we all know the honest to god's truth of the matter is without Optimus Prime there never would have been any Transformers.

He is without a doubt the greatest one of them all.
Did the Optimus Prime toy come out by itself in 1984 and based on its success all the others were made?

The early issues of Marvel thrust Ratchet to the forefront, while relegating Optimus to a secondary role. I think I could even argue that Blaster saw more action in the first 20 issues of that comic than Optimus did.

In Japan Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory - these all came along with little to no focus on Optimus Prime. They didn't even call him Optimus Prime in Japan. Beast Wars and Beast Machines had very limited reference to him as well.

I think it is very safe to say Optimus is the most popular character in the history of the franchise - I just don't know if that makes him the greatest character ever. A lot might depend on how one defines that.

Saying their would not have been a franchise without him is a bit of a stretch to me. At best it is speculation, not logic.

I just think there is a bit more room for debate than you are allowing for.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:41 AM   #39
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Did the Optimus Prime toy come out by itself in 1984 and based on its success all the others were made?

The early issues of Marvel thrust Ratchet to the forefront, while relegating Optimus to a secondary role. I think I could even argue that Blaster saw more action in the first 20 issues of that comic than Optimus did.

In Japan Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory - these all came along with little to no focus on Optimus Prime. They didn't even call him Optimus Prime in Japan. Beast Wars and Beast Machines had very limited reference to him as well.

I think it is very safe to say Optimus is the most popular character in the history of the franchise - I just don't know if that makes him the greatest character ever. A lot might depend on how one defines that.

Saying their would not have been a franchise without him is a bit of a stretch to me. At best it is speculation, not logic.

I just think there is a bit more room for debate than you are allowing for.
The vast majority of people who were into TFs as children saw Optimus in the Cartoon before anything else.

Again, the question is asking who is the greatest TF character of all time, not who is our favourite or any other stipulation.

My Favourite character is G1 Jazz, but is he the greatest character? No, that logically is Optimus Prime, he is the core of the Transformers, the heart, the soul, everything.

Why do you think Hasbro puts so much focus on him? Because he is the MAIN character. Again, it boils down to the question being asked isn't who our favourite character is, which many people seem to be doing.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 02:27 PM   #40
BScorpinok75
Alternator
BScorpinok75's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via Yahoo to BScorpinok75

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
This needs to be changed to a vote
Was trying to get nominations so I could take the top ten and put to a vote. Seems not many followed the link to see what I was doing. Nor did many identify their choice by specific continuity. G1 cartoon or comic Optimus, IDW or Movieverse Megatron, Animated or G1 Soundwave, AEC or Prime Starscream, etc. And I'm asking for "Greatest" not "Favorite". Though for some they be the same. So nominations are appreciated but I have no way to tally if continuity is not designed. Thanks! Taking nominations until months end then will post poll over @ tfw2005.
BScorpinok75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobots, decepticons, megatron, optimus prime, transformers