Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #21
Darth Wave
Alternator
Re: Pawn Stars Episode Featuring Transformers

do you have the link to the video clip???
Darth Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #22
Deemar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Wave View Post
do you have the link to the video clip???
Pawn Stars or BC guy? Just search YouTube for the BC guy, search "Transformers Collection" and if you still don't find it, put the $100,000 in there.
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #23
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemar View Post
Pawn Stars or BC guy? Just search YouTube for the BC guy, search "Transformers Collection" and if you still don't find it, put the $100,000 in there.
Yeah, that should work... I mean how many people put "Transformer Collection" in the title of their videos? It should be an easy find. I mean who even puts videos of transformers on youtube . Sorry for the sarcasm, but inputting "Transformer collection" results in like 100 000 results and even if you narrow it down there's no video of a guy selling his transformer for $100 000 in bc. (at least not one easlily found) There's one in Phoenix, but I can't be sure if that's the one you're talking about. It's like trying to find a need in a mountain sized haystack.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #24
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

love that bit with the Mickey Mouse phones at the end. I'm with Protoman here, I was afraid he'd say yes to 5K. Hell, even when the PS guy countered with 10K, I still thought that was much too low and was hoping William would stand his ground.

As soon as the PS threw out his 5K, you saw the guy immediately say he couldn't do it. As collector's we know, it's not just money that goes into this, it's looooooooooooove!! He had to know he wasn't gonna get his price from a pawn shop, regardless of the TV show.
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:39 AM   #25
Sokar
Armada

I'm not questioning the scope of that guy's collection, but I wonder, given the amount of doubles for certain characters, how many of those are originals, reissues, or high quality ko's.

Obviously some are not really up for question, but mirage, the dinobots, and others have been recreated in some form or another, and a lot of them were loose, so I just wonder how many of those were strictly originals and how many were secondary releases.

Again, I'm not questioning the guy, and I don't think that this collection was even presented as 100% all genuine, original releases. It's just something that I keep wondering about.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #26
Deemar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Yeah, that should work... I mean how many people put "Transformer Collection" in the title of their videos? It should be an easy find. I mean who even puts videos of transformers on youtube . Sorry for the sarcasm, but inputting "Transformer collection" results in like 100 000 results and even if you narrow it down there's no video of a guy selling his transformer for $100 000 in bc. (at least not one easlily found) There's one in Phoenix, but I can't be sure if that's the one you're talking about. It's like trying to find a need in a mountain sized haystack.
See attached. Do you need a spoon?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	6502  
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #27
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
That's crazy, he must have 5 complete generation 1 sets there. At least 2 Scorponok boxes, Fortress Maximus box, ridiculous. Nothing like the Youtube clip of the guy in BC selling his collection for $100,000 though.
Quote:
See attached. Do you need a spoon?

Yeah, like I said the $100 000 OBO transformer sale is from Phoenix not BC like you said in your post. So how am I suppose to tell which video it is when the info you FED out is obviously wrong.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #28
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

Its very difficult to say without getting into details. Are they mint, complete, includes instructions, box, tech specs ... etc ...

But if they had all their boxes and all were complete and in excellent shape, I think $20,000 would have been a steal to honest. But obviously you couldn't make much profit from there.

Most pawn shops will want to make double ... so $10,000 was a reasonable offer. But I wouldn't have accepted either.

Last edited by tilallr1; 07-16-2010 at 03:28 PM.
tilallr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #29
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

I can understand that the pawn shop guys need to turn a profit on the things they buy but I am so happy that the collecter didn't give in.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #30
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

The seller seemed sad that he had to get rid of his collection. It's too bad for him, but I'm glad he didn't go for the pawn shop's offer. That was a sad offer for what was there.

And WHAT IN THE WORLD is this?!:

Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote