Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-18-2018, 07:45 AM   #71
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: I said I wouldn’t and I did. Go "figure."

18 - Optimus Prime Takara Dark Guard

No real surprises here since I have the original but the price was too good to pass up.

wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #72
BoNKerS
Animated

awesome work man!!!!
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:44 PM   #73
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
awesome work man!!!!
Thanks boss
Old 12-19-2018, 07:15 AM   #74
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

19 – Optimus Prime played by Weijiang MPP-10H Clear

Well as I was helping out one of our favourite dealers with his locker he happened across this item and many other treasures. Since I had already gotten the THF clear Dynaston it made sense to get this. I didn’t think about the size at the time and this being the oversized version Prime is just a “little bit” bigger. All good though as it is very nice in hand and was quite shocked that he is actually taller than MP-4 (considerably lighter though) so I guess for scale I can just put him in with WJ Megamaster. Nothing different from regular MP-10 mold and Spike has eyes now but looks very “surprised” by something so I’ll just drop him in with MP BB. Good figure, great look and thanks Eric for hooking me up one more time.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:59 AM   #75
DuG
Titanium

Great thread as always! Thanks for doing this again!
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:04 PM   #76
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

THANKYOU! For taking the time to do this thread...I look forward to and enjoy checking in everyday to see the next pic!
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:29 PM   #77
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuG View Post
Great thread as always! Thanks for doing this again!
Thanks and you're very welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
THANKYOU! For taking the time to do this thread...I look forward to and enjoy checking in everyday to see the next pic!
No thank you for taking the time to check it out and glad you are enjoying it, only 5 more to go
Old 12-20-2018, 07:41 AM   #78
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 20 - Pathfinder played by TF Con 2013 Exclusive Roswell

It was the price pure and simple. For a TF Con exclusive (which for some reason I never bought them at the shows until this year) it was a really good deal. I never handled the iGear Cosmos so had no clue what I was getting into good or bad and I do like GoBots so it was all that and a why not. For what you get she’s not bad, assuming that like Pathfinder who she was based on, is a she. The transformation is pretty simple, the colours look really good but I’m not a fan of the elbow joint and how that works. I can’t put my finger on it but it simply won’t give me the range I’d expect from having a ball joint. Maybe it’s the angle of the arm but posing her doesn’t feel natural enough. The flight stand adds a bit to the value since you can get more looks for flying poses which is fine. Either way it’s ok but I wouldn’t go out of my way to get it unless you are into GoBots or TF Con Exclusives and the price is right for you.

Old 12-21-2018, 07:23 AM   #79
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 21 – Prime Wars Trilogy Punch/Counterpunch with Prima Prime Amazon Exclusive

So he finally showed up on Amazon.ca without being massively inflated. When we were first told about his placeholder I signed up for the alerts and when the first alert came on .ca it was through another seller with the amount of $123 or so and I wasn’t going to do that since I already have the TFCC version. Once he was at the $36 price tag I snagged it. So the question would be why 2? Only because I can put the TFCC version as Counterpunch and place him with the Decepticons and have this version as Punch with the Bots. We have also been told that he was misassembled right from the factory but I have read somewhere that it wasn’t so I’m not sure what to believe. Since the masses have actually shown that changing the parts actually makes for a better transformation I have done the same. Before I get into the figure I will say that I hope that they use this mold for Pointblank and finally give us Autobot Targetmasters. I can’t say how long I’ve been chiming for them to various people so c’mon Hasbro don’t let us down.

I went for Punch mode first since he was semi there and I had a hell of a time getting the shoulders tabbed in to the pegs. I noticed in some shots on Google and they didn’t even have them tabbed in at all.

Having compared him to the TFCC version I can’t say which I like better as I can see good qualities for each one as well as negatives. In Punch mode I don’t like the shoulder articulation that much, it’s either that or I haven’t worked it in enough yet for some poses I was trying but when I do Punch Vs Counterpunch later on I’ll try again. From there I went to Counterpunch mode and will say I like this better looks wise. I also have the same issue with him that I did with the other one in terms of only having one weapon. I get it that Hasbro doesn’t supply two types but much like when I shot TFCC P/CP I changed the weapons. If you are a double agent it seems stupid that your gun may give you away so for this guy I “borrowed” a sword from someone else just to give him a bit more of a different look. The alt mode is really nice IMO and I like the “double windshield" idea (shame the legs are as hollow as they are but oh well) and the red wheels are a nice touch. Actually come to think of it I guess his alt mode would be more of a giveaway than his gun but I can’t do much about that.

Anyway glad I did finally snag him as I think his good points outweigh his bad ones and he was a hell of a lot cheaper than the TFCC one by a long shot.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:13 PM   #80
Landstander
Generation 2

Another couple of awesome figures, now there is only three left to go, can’t wait for the big group shot at the end lol also looking forward to the 40 days of Lent calendar , you do that right? lol
Landstander is offline   Reply With Quote