Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 12-18-2018, 03:11 PM   #31
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Transformers Siege Voyager and Deluxe Released at Retail

You are a sucker if buy these at full retail price because you can't wait.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:21 PM   #32
Marcotron
Robot Master

Old Slogan "The challenge is in the change"
New Slogan "The challenge is in finding an affordable price"

But on the subject of need vs want, the only figure of Siege that I need is 3X Reflectors. None of the other figures are "upgrades" of the ones I have already in my G1 display. Classics Hound looks just fine, and universe sideswipe/sunstreaker/red alert is still great. I don't need another voyager Prime or Megatron either. Basically, I'm waiting for April or June when wave 2 arrives.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:52 PM   #33
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Regardless of what the data says, by actually going into stores and seeing what's on the shelf, anything from the movie line is not selling as well as the main line (and from what I've noticed in Edmonton stores, this seems to have been true for at a least a few years now). This is from my point of view, maybe where you live it could be different (but I highly doubt that).
You know, I get what you are saying. Yes, Generations toys sell out faster than movie toys. I cant deny that.
But because stores order so much less, I dont think thats enough to say they sell more. Stores usually stock more on toys that have a media tie in, like a film or a tv show, so Transformers lines about the films and Cyberverse (or RID) are stocked way more, and thats why we see them more often and in greater numbers than the Generations line. I mean, this year we have 2 seperate movie based lines, there must be quite a bit of demand for that or else Hasbro wouldnt make them.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:40 PM   #34
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
You know, I get what you are saying. Yes, Generations toys sell out faster than movie toys. I cant deny that.
But because stores order so much less, I dont think thats enough to say they sell more. Stores usually stock more on toys that have a media tie in, like a film or a tv show, so Transformers lines about the films and Cyberverse (or RID) are stocked way more, and thats why we see them more often and in greater numbers than the Generations line. I mean, this year we have 2 seperate movie based lines, there must be quite a bit of demand for that or else Hasbro wouldnt make them.
True, but too bad that overstock of movie figures doesn't equal sales for the store. For example, everyone picks up one movie fig, and the store, Walmart or TRU in this case, put 20 more of the same movie fig out again. It seems backwards because if you look at how much TLK and Studio series are piling up now, I don't think Hasbro is really understanding their own business strategy. Today I visited a TRU and at the front of the store was a massive Transformers display. The only figures they were advertising in the display were Bumblebee toys and Power of the Primes (which had already been picked through). They left Studio Series and TLK to hide in the aisle (which, as you probably would have guessed, were stocked to the brim). This is just the trend that I have been noticing in many stores.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 12-18-2018 at 11:43 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:45 AM   #35
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I just fail to see how any of these deluxes are beter than Titans Return Misfire, for instance. Not to say they are bad at all, I just dont see how they are better than what we recently got, for much less.

I think the packaging is nice to make you think these are more premium when they are not.
Absolutely agree. They are good and fine, but not spectacularly better to warrant ten bucks more. I get some folks like the packaging and all but if it saved me ten bucks, pitch'em in a baggie like Value Village lol, I personally only recycle boxes anyway
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:37 AM   #36
Pascal
Banned

This thread is hilarious.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:49 PM   #37
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Agreed!

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #38
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Agreed!
Yup! Lots of passion about that $10 increase.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:12 PM   #39
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

I bought them on BOGO at TRU, so basically ended up paying the old prices anyway. I’m fine with that. But yeah, at full price, I don’t think there is a single NEED IT NOW! figure on the horizon for me.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:09 AM   #40
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

For this wave so far, what do you guys think might be the shelf-warmer? My money's on Hound since everyone seems to be picking up the other figures and there's usually about 7 or 8 Hounds leftover. For this new line so far, my plan is to only buy the figures that I want (or the hard to find ones) and wait for the shelf-warmers to get discounted. So far I picked up Prime, Megs, and Sideswipe, and left behind Hound and Skytread (I haven't got my hands on Cog yet).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote