Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 10:42 AM   #151
Trailbreaker
Generation 1
Re: TFcon 2014 Guest Request thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyPanda View Post
Perhaps TFCon Chicago also has something to do with it?

I think this will be the first TFCon I'll not get a weekend pass for.
Seems like Chicago is getting all the love now. Dan Gilvezan and Alan Oppenheimer are awesome guests. Too bad there aren't any good G1 guests for Toronto this time around.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #152
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
Seems like Chicago is getting all the love now. Dan Gilvezan and Alan Oppenheimer are awesome guests. Too bad there aren't any good G1 guests for Toronto this time around.
Well they both have been to local cons in the GTA in the last 3 years or so. I'm sure they will make the rounds again.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
Old 06-25-2014, 10:57 AM   #153
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

It's worth pointing out too that TFcon typically tends to save some announcements for the last minute.

Neil Ross and Wally Burr didn't get announced that long before the TFcon they were at.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #154
RageD
Energon

Oppenheimer was just here a few months back.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:57 PM   #155
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Some of these guests you need to book like 6 months or more in advance, especially if your con runs during the convention season. (April - Sept). But yeah, if Chicago doesn't get bigger guests or a more filled out roaster I would be quite surprised.

It's out of the con season, it's in the US (It's cheaper if your guests come from the US if you are in the US to begin with and convenient too), there is no bigger cons to complete with, etc.

Though if they get any guests I wish to see I'll pout in a corner growing mushrooms haaaah. It's really up in air if I can go to Chicago right now.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Old 06-25-2014, 11:03 PM   #156
Phalanx
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
...Sue Blu? Only in one season of G1, sure, but as an iconic character. Plus her ties to Beast Wars/Machines, Animated, Prime... Seems like a pretty good one to me.

Would it be nice to have another G1 guest? Sure, but you can't say that the one we're getting isn't worthwhile.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:39 AM   #157
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
Some of these guests you need to book like 6 months or more in advance, especially if your con runs during the convention season. (April - Sept). But yeah, if Chicago doesn't get bigger guests or a more filled out roaster I would be quite surprised.
Depends on the Guest,honestly.Some may even go up to more or less than that.Booking a guest depends on their schedules and how much the con will pay for them.

Quote:
It's out of the con season, it's in the US (It's cheaper if your guests come from the US if you are in the US to begin with and convenient too), there is no bigger cons to complete with, etc.
Major Cons happen throughout the summer starting in April-August.After that,you got the smaller,local cons that appear throughout until January (Toronto and other major cities are examples of this).It is true that it is convenient for US Guests to be in US Cons,but also consider the distance from California to Illinois,how long they can stay under such conditions,and how much it will cost.There is more to expense of bringing guests than "Just because they live in the US."

Quote:
Though if they get any guests I wish to see I'll pout in a corner growing mushrooms haaaah. It's really up in air if I can go to Chicago right now.
Whatever makes the autograph line shorter for me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
...Sue Blu? Only in one season of G1, sure, but as an iconic character. Plus her ties to Beast Wars/Machines, Animated, Prime... Seems like a pretty good one to me.

Would it be nice to have another G1 guest? Sure, but you can't say that the one we're getting isn't worthwhile.
Like some members said previously,there may be more Guests in store for us.Stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
Old 06-26-2014, 03:29 AM   #158
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
Depends on the Guest,honestly.Some may even go up to more or less than that.Booking a guest depends on their schedules and how much the con will pay for them.

Major Cons happen throughout the summer starting in April-August.After that,you got the smaller,local cons that appear throughout until January (Toronto and other major cities are examples of this).It is true that it is convenient for US Guests to be in US cons,but also consider the distance from California to Illinois,how long they can stay under such conditions,and how much it will cost.There is more to expense of bringing guests than "Just because they live in the US."

Whatever makes the autograph line shorter for me :P

Like some members said previously,there may be more Guests in store for us.Stay tuned.
Con season really doesn't count the smaller localized cons that happen thoughout the year. It starts in April and ends in September. There is some smaller cons that operate over the year, but those are off season events.

And again, I know about the guest availabilty and cost. As I've explained before, I've been in the position of running a convention and dealing with the guest gathering issue. It isn't cheap, regardless if it is US-US or CND-US or US-CND. But it is more able to get through the amount of cons that run which I am sure is pushing past 150 events by now throughout the year to get state by state then state into Canada and deal with customs, taxes and the like.

The cost of running a CND con is very expensive, even more so when guests are involved, even more so if they are out of the country guests. It'll be even more money if your guests come from outside the US/CND, now with the government imposing more fees on visitors.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Old 06-26-2014, 09:15 AM   #159
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Con season really doesn't count the smaller localized cons that happen thoughout the year. It starts in April and ends in September. There is some smaller cons that operate over the year, but those are off season events.
It's because the bigger-attendance cons are profitable in the summer due to kids being out of school and folks being on vacation. What you call a "Con Season" is really just the larger,more popular Cons (Ie. Anime North, FanExpo, Con Bravo), but cons, no matter the size, run throughout the year, and do have guests from all over (Ie. Unplugged, DTAC/MTAC, etc.)

Quote:
And again, I know about the guest availabilty and cost. As I've explained before, I've been in the position of running a convention and dealing with the guest gathering issue. It isn't cheap, regardless if it is US-US or CND-US or US-CND. But it is more able to get through the amount of cons that run which I am sure is pushing past 150 events by now throughout the year to get state by state then state into Canada and deal with customs, taxes and the like.
Again it depends on who your bringing, how many your bringing, how much they (Or their agents) are charging. I notice you miss out "CND-CND". If we're using a local Toronto con as an example, the city has the benefit of being one of the "Voice cities" where they can get locals for a cheaper price, compared to getting someone from Vancouver would cost you a plane ticket, a hotel to stay in, other accommodations, and their appearance fee. I know Guests that don't stay in the hotel and just drive home to save costs.

Quote:
The cost of running a CND con is very expensive, even more so when guests are involved, even more so if they are out of the country guests. It'll be even more money if your guests come from outside the US/CND, now with the government imposing more fees on visitors.
It also depends on the con's funding as well. If you got a major con like FanExpo which is willing to spend money on celebrities vs. a local comic convention which can spend about $5000 for the show, of course the Guests are going to be the most expensive. You are taking time out of their day from work and family, and the fee they require makes up something similar they could have made in a one-day voice session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!

Last edited by TMIIWonkoNemises; 06-26-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #160
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Yeah, the only time it isn't Con season anymore is January & February and even that is changing. Canada has major conventions from like March to December now, almost every weekend is booked up with something.

Honestly I feel like if Dan & Alan were attached to Toronto and Sue & Aaron were attached to Chicago we would be hearing the exact same complaints about how Chicago is getting the cooler guests

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Closed Thread