Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 01-22-2019, 11:35 PM   #71
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: Transformers Siege Voyager and Deluxe Released at Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Maybe, but the thing is... what if they are released in very limited quality so that they are always sold out... I've seen it many times... heck, look at evil Rodimus... saw it once, multiple ones but then never again after.

But anyways.. I ended up getting them at EB Games anyways.

And I think that there's (finally) been ONE sighting at a Walmart in the last couple of days (and wasn't purchasable due to not being scannable and only one of them in the stock, hence possibly very limited stock).
I don’t recall their ever being a shortage of wave 1 figures, but that said I still grabbed Magnus from EB. I get my 10% Platinum discount, so I’m good with that. They got it in first, so I like rewarding them for efficiency, and I can ignore the possibility of saving more from a TRU sale by having already spent time with the figure and gotten happiness from fiddling with it. If they get restock I’ll grab Shockwave from them as well.

As for shortage figures, I totally get it. Like I said, I don’t ever remember wave 1 shortages, but in recent years, in my area at least, Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown, POTP Novastar, Combiner Wars Skylynx and RID Bisk were all ‘there and gone’ in short periods. I never even saw POTP Rodimus Unicronus, and that’s with 2 Walmart’s, 2 TRUs, and 2 EB Games in the area. Heck, I bought Studio Series Dropkick from EB today because he was there for 3 weeks and I haven’t seen him anywhere else. Sometimes it does pay to just buy what you really want when you see it rather than wait to see if you can get it cheaper and end up missing out.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:45 PM   #72
prime
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Skytread is the dud of the bunch.
Why would you say that? I want one to go with my PotP Battletrap. From the reviews he looks pretty good.
prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:26 PM   #73
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime View Post
Why would you say that? I want one to go with my PotP Battletrap. From the reviews he looks pretty good.
My biggest issue with the mould is that they removed the previous gimmick that Battletrap had. I liked the two Legends figures combining body and name to make him. It was a fresh twist on a bland character.

As a robot, it looks pretty good. I'll give it that. I'm someone who would have liked the tank cannon to fold away instead of being another hand weapon. Silly, I know, but I'm not a fan of tank cannons being hand held hand guns. A personal nitpick really. But onto the tank half of the alt modes. It sucks. Nothing tabs together, and the turret not moving is a big step back. For some it's not a big deal. For me, it was. The jet mode was kind of clever with the arms hiding under, but it never tabbed together very well either. I would have liked the small gun to integrate into the jet better. Maybe under the nose cone or split apart and go under both wings. But just one gun hanging off the wing of a plane looks odd to me. So does having it smack in the middle of the top for the plane too. But that's common on almost all deluxe planes out of the last few years, so again, minor.

But all of those minor things built one big disappointment for me. That's not saying I hate it. It's like saying carrot cake is my least favorite cake, but I still like it. Just not as much as chocolate. Ya know?

All things considered, I'd say grab one while you can. There's very little chance Hasbro will bother to revisit the character for quite a while.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:11 AM   #74
prime
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
My biggest issue with the mould is that they removed the previous gimmick that Battletrap had. I liked the two Legends figures combining body and name to make him. It was a fresh twist on a bland character.
All things considered, I'd say grab one while you can. There's very little chance Hasbro will bother to revisit the character for quite a while.
I would have thought you were going to be more critical of the jet undercarriage. TBH that looks horrible, and given they didn't need to fit an entire robot mode into it, should have been a smoother line. The tank looks fine IMO though.

Yeah, the robot mode looks pretty awesome, and from the reviews it seems to have great articulation. I do agree that giving the vehicle modes an additional robot mode like Battletrap would have been nice and that alone makes him inferior. Although if he did, the combined mode would have suffered.

If he were in the same 2x Legend pricepoint he'd be ok, but with the price increase it does make it harder to justify.
prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:25 AM   #75
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I don’t recall their ever being a shortage of wave 1 figures, but that said I still grabbed Magnus from EB. I get my 10% Platinum discount, so I’m good with that. They got it in first, so I like rewarding them for efficiency, and I can ignore the possibility of saving more from a TRU sale by having already spent time with the figure and gotten happiness from fiddling with it. If they get restock I’ll grab Shockwave from them as well.

As for shortage figures, I totally get it. Like I said, I don’t ever remember wave 1 shortages, but in recent years, in my area at least, Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown, POTP Novastar, Combiner Wars Skylynx and RID Bisk were all ‘there and gone’ in short periods. I never even saw POTP Rodimus Unicronus, and that’s with 2 Walmart’s, 2 TRUs, and 2 EB Games in the area. Heck, I bought Studio Series Dropkick from EB today because he was there for 3 weeks and I haven’t seen him anywhere else. Sometimes it does pay to just buy what you really want when you see it rather than wait to see if you can get it cheaper and end up missing out.
Well, we're now a few weeks into the Walmart release, and I've yet to see the leaders in the few times I was at a WM, and I see a lot of members that are still hunting, have seen barely any or one but not both, etc. So at this point, they do appear to be a very limited release...

Got to hope that maybe the "main" batch hasn't made it to stores yet, but if none are coming, this is really a case of "see it/grab it" of odds of getting it (aside online) aren't the best.

And as the previous figures that were short... I saw Unicronus once (several) and the next time at that TrU, none left.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote