Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-26-2014, 11:27 AM   #11
arMadillo
Generation 1
Re: Collecting Masterpieces

I also use Detolf and I have Dreamwave's Transformers issues 1-6 in rigid plastic sleeves as backgrounds. There are multiple covers for each issue. They look amazing and fill in as a visual representation of some of the figures I don't have yet.
arMadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #12
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

1. Do you collect all masterpieces that are released? or certain ones?

For me just certain ones, I'm not going to re-collect everything I collected under the Classics banner, too much time and money to redo plus space is an issue for me and the Voyagers and Deluxes fit better inside my home. Ones that stand out to me or have a special place in my heart like Soundwave my first TF as a kid I get.

2 Do you try to be G1 cartoon accurate and collect all the Autobots/Deceptions that appeared in the original Ark(season1) along with other seasons and the movie? or just the ones that appeal to you?

I'd like to experience each mold and I will buy the best looking one or one that suits my tastes.

3. How are the 3rd Party Masterpieces? do you recommend them? which is good line to go with E-hobby, Henkei and Igear?

Do the homework on the independent robot scene, there are some hits and misses out there. Heneki isn't MP but could be a nice option if you're not into MP prices but don't want something that looks to kiddy. Henkei/United prices have come down a bit since the MP line has gotten rolling. You theoretically could get almost 2 Henkei figures for the price of 1 MP now.

How is the PP05 (ironhide) and PP05M (Ratchet) as for these two I got nothing to tell you as I don't have them.

4. How do you display your Masterpiece? and do you have a background or dioramas for them - Ark background or Teletraan1?

My stuff is all shelf in a sealed blacked out room, watch those white toys and sunlight or they'll be yellow bellied cowards before you know it, lol. Since a lot of people are into the detolf thing when I buy my new home I won't be doing that. Maybe the Ikea Lack shelves with glass flaps on the front of them will do.

Enjoy your collecting and welcome to the club.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:27 PM   #13
Rev
Addict

All after MP-08 - or the ones I can afford. MOstly caught up. Although I'm skipping megs (too big), mp 03 (too ugly)

2 Do you try to be G1 cartoon accurate and collect all the Autobots/Deceptions that appeared in the original Ark(season1) along with other seasons and the movie? or just the ones that appeal to you?

All

3. How are the 3rd Party Masterpieces? do you recommend them? which is good line to go with E-hobby, Henkei and Igear?

Quakewave for sure.

4. How do you display your Masterpiece? and do you have a background or dioramas for them - Ark background or Teletraan1?

Last edited by Rev; 03-26-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #14
fazemanpress
Generation 1

wow man, loving your display, love the collection you have with a mix of vintage, masterpiece and some 3rd parties. Which TMNT are those? the Neco ones?

Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=fazemanpress

Last edited by fazemanpress; 03-26-2014 at 04:40 PM.
fazemanpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:24 PM   #15
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazemanpress View Post

How is the PP05 (ironhide) and PP05M (Ratchet)

1. No, just certain pieces. For instance, I don't have the Black MP Primes or the 2nd version of Starscream

2. Just the ones apeal to me

3. See some of the answers before my post about E-hobby, Henkei and Igear. As for PP05/05M: I don't have them so I have no comment

4. For some I have them in alt. mode on display. A few are in their boxes either in the same room or in storage

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #16
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazemanpress View Post
wow man, loving your display, love the collection you have with a mix of vintage, masterpiece and some 3rd parties. Which TMNT are those? the Neco ones?
Thanks dude. I need another case badly. They feel crammed and room is needed for whleejack, Bee, Leo Dux, Scoria, and maybe Cronos.

Those are from the classics line of TMNT figures. I really like them. Just have to get ones with good eyes.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:17 PM   #17
Deception
Crossover

i'm going to just stick with g1 masterpieces
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #18
nighthawk21
Generation 1

I just started back in collection transformers and been focusing my collection on MP line and G1 line. I display my G1 stuff but for my MP I keep them in box. I know it an expensive hobby but like to keep it new for the next generation lol
nighthawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #19
mastereh
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
the only MP i HATE with a passion is MP megatron. he is the biggest POS ive ever seen. hes a gimpy mess. had him on display for a short time then back in his box to never be seen again...
HAHA glad I'm not the only one; I would have kept him in gun mode if only I could ever get the transformation done right.

I don't even know where my box has gone can't find it anywhere anymore.
mastereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #20
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastereh View Post
HAHA glad I'm not the only one; I would have kept him in gun mode if only I could ever get the transformation done right.

I don't even know where my box has gone can't find it anywhere anymore.
There's no doubt about it that MP Megatron was over-engineered and as a result is overly complicated to transform and to many collectors, a failure. What I will say in its defense is that at least it is marketed as an adult collectible. I don't know how many movie figures, targeted at children ages 5 and up, had kids frustrated and parents scratching their heads trying to figure out the ambiguous instructions. Some people use Hegemon as their Masterpiece Megatron which I don't quite understand. Sure, he may fit into the CHUG universe but he is no masterpiece, in my opinion. In alt mode, Hegemon is inferior to G1 Megatron and Masterpiece Megatron understanding of course, that MP Megs had to be intentionally oversized likely to scale with MP-1 in robot mode.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote