Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #601
SMOG
zombicon
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave View Post
if it's canadian, its the law, they have to apply the pricing... but other countries doesnt have that law, here in the UK for example, they can simply tell you "sorry" and not sell it to ya...

here if you buy something, lets say futureshop, and the price tag is 20$ but the register scans it at 50$... they are obliged to sell it to ya at 20$...
I don't think it's that simple. In Quebec, they have the policé d'exactitude... I don't think that is the same in the rest of Canada.

I am surprised that Amazon skunked their way out of that one... no doubt they realized they were going to take a huge hit when all the fans from the UK and abroad descended on that listing like a horde of vultures. Still a bad business move for an organization as huge as Amazon. I wonder if people are going to fight that. I wonder if UK consumer laws give them more rights locally than we as foreign buyers might?

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #602
Mega_Zarak
Generation 2

Just to make clear, the ''politique d'exactitude'' is not always applied here in Quebec, they will always will try you to give you some lame excuse, like the cashier entered the wrong code.

Those who get the lowest prices are only a few costumers. As soon as the store staff realizes they made a mistake they will correct the price and won't apply the law. I've seen this numerous times; the cashier, managers running like crazies to correct the computers, take down the price sitckers, remove all evidence and put an add correction notice.
Like I said, i'm not an expert, but it's common sense. They won't give a discount to 10,000 customers. They will the discount only until they realize the mistake and they upgrade their systems.

Last edited by Mega_Zarak; 01-03-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Mega_Zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #603
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

yeah it sucks... anyway for the UK its not the same... they did specify and protected themselves with the following in their emails:

Code:
In our Conditions of Use and Sale 
(see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=1040616), 
we state that where an item's correct price is higher than 
our stated price, we will, at our discretion, cancel the 
order and notify you of that cancellation.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #604
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
I don't think it's that simple. In Quebec, they have the policé d'exactitude... I don't think that is the same in the rest of Canada.
And it's only if the store chooses to post that policé. Usually pharmacies, grocery stores, and large dept. stores carry it.

My wife got a wrongful scan at a shoe store and when she asked for the policé, the cashier said "Ma'm, we're not a grocery store."

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #605
Grayfox
Crossover

Sure sucks about MP-10

Question: Why would they need to obey this price policy (if it was applicable at all for them) when they're taking pre-orders? That item is not available for purchase yet. I hate to say this, but shouldn't they be allowed to modify their prices all they want at this point? It's not like they charged credit cards yet or anything.

Not taking their defense, as I'd obviously prefer to keep my super low price (will not buy if it becomes much higher. I can live without that figure), but just food for thought.

Lets say that today, you go down to your favorite game store to pre-order Grand Theft Auto V, which comes out in the next few months, and the clerk reads on the comp monitor that the game should sell for $59.99, but then when it does come out in May for example, it actually retails for $79.99. When you grab your copy in May, I can promise you no one will honor that $59.99 price that was announced. You will pay the actual current retail price of $79.99. Be it at your mom and pop game store or WalMart and everywhere else in between. It just sounds like what Amazon is doing. They are adjusting to the correct price.

Who knows, I may be wrong. But I'm pretty sure they're allowed to change the price at this point. Unfortunately for us =/

Last edited by Grayfox; 01-03-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #606
Rodimus1982
Beasty

About the "Exactitude des prix" we have in quebec... that famous law is like 30+ page (trust me I read a couple of time, since I'm working in customers service) I don't know how to say that in english but I'll say "If that occur"

If the item price tag (on the item) is erronous we have to give the price on the tag.

If the price sur les tablettes is not good, we have to give the product if under 10$ otherwise it's a 10$ discount on the price sur la tablette.... BUT it AS to be the good product with the GOOD price ( hence forth the UPC code... which lot of people REALLY don't think about)

Also if a product as an discount ( the discount usually as a date)
First IF the discount is still valid than the Last part I mention with the 10$ is valid
Otherwise if the date on the discount isn't valid, we are not oblige to give the 10$ BUT have to give the right price

As a customer and a manager at customer service... SO MANY people that product and place them anywhere and the next customers take it and say it wrongly price when anyone might have to put there.....

Just to say out loud.... PEOPLE tend not to read the etiquette de prix and think when they see a Bag of 200g of chips in a place where they're usually soap half the price of the bag of chips that we have to apply the law....
Old 01-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #607
Rodimus1982
Beasty

But it still suck with the MP10 on amazon.uk
Old 01-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #608
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Well that whole UK thing sure was a mess.

Last edited by Undrave; 01-04-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #609
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega_Zarak View Post
Those who get the lowest prices are only a few costumers. As soon as the store staff realizes they made a mistake they will correct the price and won't apply the law. I've seen this numerous times; the cashier, managers running like crazies to correct the computers, take down the price sitckers, remove all evidence and put an add correction notice.
Like I said, i'm not an expert, but it's common sense. They won't give a discount to 10,000 customers. They will the discount only until they realize the mistake and they upgrade their systems.
Unless it's Zellers. They never fixed anything. They were both awesome and crappy that way. It happened so often, I just stopped feeling guilty about it.

I'll miss them for that.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #610
Pascal
Banned

Probably a Montreal thing because the few times I've seen it happen here, they fixed the problem right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus1982 View Post
Just to say out loud.... PEOPLE tend not to read the etiquette de prix and think when they see a Bag of 200g of chips in a place where they're usually soap half the price of the bag of chips that we have to apply the law....
This. So many dishonest/lazy/misinformed buyers out there.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote