Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #521
Kristal
Machine War
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabra_dmp View Post
Ok I made some digging and There no Wave 3-4 of transformers prime on Kijiji or on ebay (that comes from quebec). I also look in the time factor of Protoman post which was yesterday at 12:21pm. Still nothing on kijiji or ebay. I made my monthly tour of toys on fire and legend action figure last Wednesday and toys on fire has that wave but it's was with the Hub logo so it's the US stuff. So i'm pretty sure we don't have a scalper here. Maybe just normal people buying toy for Christmas. If there really his a scalper around here he don't sell his loot now.
That's odd, to be honest, Vadreuil/west island Wal-mart is very...barren when it comes to children, but things start kicking into high gear when it's that 1-2 week span from Christmas...then i'll be like last year, empty shelves for each brand.

and who knows if they'res a scalper or not, but one thing im surprised at is the TMNT toys for the new show. The stock has been sitting there since the begining of November for a while until last week when they're was nothing on the pegs, except some Role-Play stuff and a lonely April 'O'Niel.

then again...TMNT along with those new Furbies and that MLP Canterlot castle (holy crap is it huge) are this year's "hottest" toys for X-Mas. in b4 scalping yadayadayada
Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:59 AM   #522
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Ok I made some digging and There no Wave 3-4 of transformers prime on Kijiji or on ebay (that comes from quebec). I also look in the time factor of Protoman post which was yesterday at 12:21pm. Still nothing on kijiji or ebay. I made my monthly tour of toys on fire and legend action figure last Wednesday and toys on fire has that wave but it's was with the Hub logo so it's the US stuff. So i'm pretty sure we don't have a scalper here. Maybe just normal people buying toy for Christmas. If there really his a scalper around here he don't sell his loot now.
I said this on the podcast before, when Walmart gets a case of new toys (normally just 8 figures per case per class per shipment after a wave 1 surge), it's not shocking that those 8 figures get eaten and all of those buyers are NOT evil scalpers..... it's the holiday season, deluxes are on clearance at $10 bucks a pop. We have parents, we have kids........ you can't forget that x-factor that makes up for 80% of Transformers sales, we tend to forget this so much..... but we are small potatoes in the grand scheme of this.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #523
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
I said this on the podcast before, when Walmart gets a case of new toys (normally just 8 figures per case per class per shipment after a wave 1 surge), it's not shocking that those 8 figures get eaten and all of those buyers are NOT evil scalpers..... it's the holiday season, deluxes are on clearance at $10 bucks a pop. We have parents, we have kids........ you can't forget that x-factor that makes up for 80% of Transformers sales, we tend to forget this so much..... but we are small potatoes in the grand scheme of this.
Well, 20% is not small potatoes. I was actually surprised when Hasbro released those estimates, because 20% is huge. No wonder they throw us so many bones. And considering that adult fans are also probably responsible for ANOTHER 20% of transformers sales that go to kids...

But still... while it's quite possible that the new stuff will get eaten up by the mainstream market, based on the trends I see in the aisles, I doubt it would be so targeted and so fast. Depending on how many of those new figures hit the pegs, I could see it mostly getting munched by 1 or 2 adult collectors pretty quickly, and some parents and kids taking the crummbs... which is fine.

I know it's not necessarily always scalpers, but when all the product that collectors are waiting for gets completely scooped out of a store within a day or two, it's not an unreasonable suspicion (especially during a sale... when you can wait for the sale to end and jack up the price)

Plus we do have lurkers here on the board, people who don't really share or contribute... which is not great, but it also doesn't make them scalpers. If I get notice, rush out to a store, and pull the last 4 figures of a new wave off rack because I need them, I won't feel guilty about that. I'll feel lucky I got there first.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #524
xelement24x
Generation 2

sure its possible we may have some scalpers, but its unlikely... a) I mean we dont get enough stock for scalpers to make profit so that would discourage that kind of buisness. b) the drought of transformers is real bad so any stock that comes out getts eat instantly by everday folks c) people like myself who see sightings of new stock run as fast as we can to snatch new stuff ....so yea i think its just a matter of numbers vs people wanting tfs thats the issue
xelement24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #525
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Maybe we should make a habit of mentioning in the sightings thread hwen we pick stuff up that has been mentioned by others? Like if I say I saw a Vehicon in a store and someone goes to pick it up, they could mention it when they come back. Just so no one wastes time getting there?

Just a thought.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #526
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
I know it's not necessarily always scalpers, but when all the product that collectors are waiting for gets completely scooped out of a store within a day or two, it's not an unreasonable suspicion (especially during a sale... when you can wait for the sale to end and jack up the price)

Plus we do have lurkers here on the board, people who don't really share or contribute... which is not great, but it also doesn't make them scalpers. If I get notice, rush out to a store, and pull the last 4 figures of a new wave off rack because I need them, I won't feel guilty about that. I'll feel lucky I got there first.
Totally agree with this! I mean it's the reason we stop by TRUs and toy sections in Wal-Marts. In case they have something we need... I've taken the last toy of the rack on a couple of occasions and never felt bad about adding it to my collection.

Then again, I didn't do anything as asshole-ish as trying to re-sell them for twice or three times the price.
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus

Last edited by Magnus; 12-04-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #527
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelement24x View Post
sure its possible we may have some scalpers, but its unlikely... a) I mean we dont get enough stock for scalpers to make profit so that would discourage that kind of buisness. b) the drought of transformers is real bad so any stock that comes out getts eat instantly by everday folks c) people like myself who see sightings of new stock run as fast as we can to snatch new stuff ....so yea i think its just a matter of numbers vs people wanting tfs thats the issue
No, we KNOW we have scalpers. But agree that there's probably not enough action in the TF market right now for non-fans to pay attention to the sightings. I also know that most of the local toy stores are not very attentive to Transformers (Toys On Fire being an exception, but only just). I think it's more likely that we have local fans/collectors who also scalp rare and sale items for resale (you can bet that was happening when we were getting First Edition figures and the States wasn't!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
Maybe we should make a habit of mentioning in the sightings thread hwen we pick stuff up that has been mentioned by others? Like if I say I saw a Vehicon in a store and someone goes to pick it up, they could mention it when they come back. Just so no one wastes time getting there?
Yeah, I agree with this. I tend to do that when I think of it. It sure does suck to make the haul all the way out to some location and find absolutely nothing. That's why sometimes it's useful to post non-sightings as well... like "Angrignon is a total desert of nothing remotely new, so don't waste your time tonight." That can save me an entire evening since I'm on public transit, and have to go out of my way to visit that area.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #528
dabra_dmp
Machine War

Sooooo what are you thinking about the platinum year of the snake omega supreme? Does it count has a g1 generation/universe/classic remake? Will it feel good with the other remake?
Old 12-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #529
Pascal
Banned

It's a cool abomination.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:03 AM   #530
pulsedragon20
I win

Quote:
Sooooo what are you thinking about the platinum year of the snake omega supreme? Does it count has a g1 generation/universe/classic remake? Will it feel good with the other remake?
I hope they don't do one for every year...like "Year of the Pig Razorbeast" or "Year of the Monkey Optimus Primal" (which would be interesting but really over doing it)

I do like Omega Supreme especially with the new mods and the shinny paint. Optimus is boring on the other hand
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote