Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #481
Kristal
Machine War
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelement24x View Post
59.99$ for FOC deluxes?? is this each or all together?
The game, the game Fall of Cybertron. Let's face it. we will never see FOC deluxes soon.

The game (in other stores) is usually 59.99 but at Wal-mart it's 19.99

Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #482
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
Ahhh did anybody do some Black Friday shopping? I went yesterday to fairview so my mom can go to Chaton bille (kill me, it's a bead store) and it was just CHAOS at Jean-Talon.

People looking for parking, honking, people being douchebaggy drivers..etc.. for Toys'R'Us or Best Buy. Everything was packed. but today it was quiet (thank god) and Wal-Mart has some good games for sale. BUT....It seems to have a problem.

On Walmart (.ca) they have Fall of Cybertron for 19.99 (holy crap) for sale. Now, I went to Vaudreuil-Dorion's Walmart and they had it for 59.99 when the site (i used the locator) said it was for sale for 19.99. I told them if it was a pricing error or something but none of them really went to check if it was a pricing error or not.
You are right. The same happened to me yesterday for a different game. Website said $19.99 on all consoles, but in store it's $39.99. I showed them the flyer and they said I had the wrong version (I wanted xbox 360, but only wii is pictured). So they turned me down. I'm thinking of returning later today with the walmart.ca product page on my phone and showing proof. And if I'm lucky, maybe I'll even get to talk to an employee who isn't a bonehead!
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #483
Kristal
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
You are right. The same happened to me yesterday for a different game. Website said $19.99 on all consoles, but in store it's $39.99. I showed them the flyer and they said I had the wrong version (I wanted xbox 360, but only wii is pictured). So they turned me down. I'm thinking of returning later today with the walmart.ca product page on my phone and showing proof. And if I'm lucky, maybe I'll even get to talk to an employee who isn't a bonehead!
EXACTLY! I was looking for the PS3 version (the Xbox 360 version on the site is 59.99) and they gave me the "UHHH I DUNNO" kind of response. (So i left with Alice: Madness Returns, good game btw) next time I go back, i'll fight with them while my mother picks up my father from the train station.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #484
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
EXACTLY! I was looking for the PS3 version (the Xbox 360 version on the site is 59.99) and they gave me the "UHHH I DUNNO" kind of response. (So i left with Alice: Madness Returns, good game btw) next time I go back, i'll fight with them while my mother picks up my father from the train station.
The trials of getting discounts

You'd best hurry before:

A. They run out of the TF:FoC game
B. The sale is over (3 days only)

At least we're not in the US. Black Friday there is just scary :S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5qRs2dBoK0
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #485
Undrave
Canadian Slag

I was at Toys R Us earlier and it was pretty packed. I picked up Cyberverse Dreadwing! Lovely little guy
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #486
catimus prime
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
Welcome Catimus!

If you still have those combaticons it would be fairly easy to complete you combiner I think. Heck if you're not all that particular about which one to get you could probably grab pieces of Ruination on the cheap.
I got rid of my Beast Wars toys, but am not sure if the G1/G2 toys were with them. I'll have to rummage through my parents' "old stuff room".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
Welcome, Catimus. Cool story!

What new second-hand figure did you just get for yourself?
I got Generations Warpath and Generations Wheeljack.

Warpath just looks perfect to me plus his alt mode is the Halo tank! At first I wanted Prime Wheeljack but I switched to Generations when I saw it's glorious blockiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
YTV stopped playing Transformers with G1 "Season 5" in 1987 and didn't show anything Transformers till Beasties in 1996. (aka Beast wars).

Montreal didn't get Fox till (or Quebec as a whole for that matter) 1995 and it didn't play G2. They would get Beast Wars in 1997 (A year behind ABC and Canada's YTV) starting with Season 1 one, then working forward into Season 2, and finally getting the exclusive launch rights to Season 3/Beast Machines/Robots In Disguise.

For Montrealers, G2 was played on WVNY (also know as ABC22) and was on channel 22 for us back in the day afterschool weekdays from 1993 till early 1996.

ABC22 then changed their afterschool program into the "POWER BLOCK" and it's how a lot of us Canadians got to see "Beast Wars" instead of Beasties as the intro/title for the show. Oddly enough Power Block actually censored/cut some Beast Wars episodes for time and content (Rattrap hitting Waspitnator in the balls/Rhinox fart for example).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzjPQgfZROY

Anyhow enough info for one day =P
Aww man, ABC 22 after school! Anybody remember this?

I also remember around supper time, between ABC, TQS and CBC, you could watch 3 or 4 episodes of The Simpsons in a row.
catimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #487
catimus prime
Mini-Con

This is probably common knowledge on this board, but I was pretty surprised this summer when I got a download code for War for Cybertron with my used copy of Fall of Cybertron.
catimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #488
MaxArel
RUN IT'S DREADWING
Send a message via MSN to MaxArel

Quote:
Originally Posted by catimus prime View Post
I'm new here, so I'll start by telling you guys my TF fandom story.
Welcome, hope you like it here, we don't bite. Much. Anymore.

Actually, the only food I associate with Transformers is that Beast Wars Transmetal II Megatron reminds me of crust-less egg sandwiches. It was Cristmas, I believe, and I had just gotten the guy for a gift. I was way young back then and I couldn't Transform these guys without my Dad's help. Thing is, he had problems reading the instructions, s he told me I should go play with my other toys while he tried to figure it out. I head to the kitchen, a tad angry, and my uncle offer me a sandwich. I bite and I immediately spit (t'was the day I learned I don't like eggs). I ran back to my dad, afraid the taste of eggs was to follow me should the Dragon not become the Robot.
Man, I miss being young and stupid. Now I'm just stupid.

MaxArel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #489
Kristal
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxArel View Post
Welcome, hope you like it here, we don't bite. Much. Anymore.

Actually, the only food I associate with Transformers is that Beast Wars Transmetal II Megatron reminds me of crust-less egg sandwiches. It was Cristmas, I believe, and I had just gotten the guy for a gift. I was way young back then and I couldn't Transform these guys without my Dad's help. Thing is, he had problems reading the instructions, s he told me I should go play with my other toys while he tried to figure it out. I head to the kitchen, a tad angry, and my uncle offer me a sandwich. I bite and I immediately spit (t'was the day I learned I don't like eggs). I ran back to my dad, afraid the taste of eggs was to follow me should the Dragon not become the Robot.
Man, I miss being young and stupid. Now I'm just stupid.
With my Digimons, the transforming ones i grew up with, I usually asscoiate them to he times ive played with them then a food! :P

and I don't blame your father. I bought TM2 Megs a year ago at the toycon and he still sits in Robot mode because...fuck i don't have any instructions and ITS HARD LOOKING
Old 11-25-2012, 02:00 AM   #490
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Speaking of toys you don't transform... I never bothered to transform my Darkness Megatron to its vehicle mode o.o It just... doesn't seem worth my time somehow
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote