Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-23-2023, 07:41 PM   #51
Nocturn
Previously Dead
Re: Winners/Marshalls ?

^ 100%. Even with regular releases, outside of wave 1's, waiting for a discount is taking the chance to miss out altogether these days. If you REALLY want something you kind of have to just suck up full price. Sure you could wait and hope for it to come down, but it might never do so, and then you're paying inflated aftermarket prices.

Don't think I've seen proper TF's at winners since POTP. 1-steps and other faff, sure, but none of the more "collector-oriented" ones. They tend to have some decent lego deals from time to time, though.
Old 11-23-2023, 08:06 PM   #52
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
^ 100%. Even with regular releases, outside of wave 1's, waiting for a discount is taking the chance to miss out altogether these days. If you REALLY want something you kind of have to just suck up full price. Sure you could wait and hope for it to come down, but it might never do so, and then you're paying inflated aftermarket prices.

Don't think I've seen proper TF's at winners since POTP. 1-steps and other faff, sure, but none of the more "collector-oriented" ones. They tend to have some decent lego deals from time to time, though.
Yes, since I got POTP Optimus, Elita1 and Inferno I've see n nothing at winners. There was that $50 Skylynx I never found. Oh and Draculus I didn't care for.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 08:35 PM   #53
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:

And as we saw with Legacy Evolution, even wave 1 ain't a sure bet. A bunch of fans still have incomplete Menasors, me included

as for Winners, Marshall finds, I have found Rhinox, Cyclonus, hot house, and BB Silverstreak in the recent years

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 11-23-2023 at 08:42 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 10:26 PM   #54
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
I found a Buzzworthy Bumblebee Bluestreak (the blue-coloured version) and a Kingdom Rhinox at Winners over the last year or so. They do show up from time to time, and they're absurdly cheap when they do.
Old 11-23-2023, 11:08 PM   #55
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
I found a Buzzworthy Bumblebee Bluestreak (the blue-coloured version) and a Kingdom Rhinox at Winners over the last year or so. They do show up from time to time, and they're absurdly cheap when they do.
Winners can be so shitty too. A lot of "compare to" prices inflate the actual MSRP so the winners "deal" isn't actually much. But obviously the bwbb set is a freaking steal

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 12:27 AM   #56
LarrySeinfeld
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
You just never know with these things. Like right now the troop builder pack. Maybe it will be discounted, maybe it will go on clearance and maybe it will be sold out and then very hard to get.
Definitely! I don't regret getting the creature collide set for the price I did (it was still pretty heavily discounted), do no biggy for me, but daaang this is a nice deal!
LarrySeinfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 10:23 PM   #57
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Got mine... The 4 creatures collide figure set (only one at store) and a BW reissue Scorponok.
Old 11-28-2023, 03:32 AM   #58
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Anyone seen a good number of the Collide set at a Winners/Marshalls North of the GTA area - Woodbridge, Richmond Hill, Markham, etc....
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 12:45 PM   #59
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Anyone seen a good number of the Collide set at a Winners/Marshalls North of the GTA area - Woodbridge, Richmond Hill, Markham, etc....
I'm also in Toronto.
Dufferin and Steeles didn't have it yesterday.

I just want the Scorponok from the set.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 04:30 PM   #60
Primetyme
Generation 2

Really hard to find the Creatures Collide set. I found it 12 days ago at Shoppers World Brampton on first attempt. I never saw it again and neither have any of my buddies in GTA.
Primetyme is offline   Reply With Quote