Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-17-2023, 01:51 PM   #3171
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

These new G2s don’t really do it for me, BUT

Jazz has got kind of a “Fire Guts” thing going on, which is not completely unappealing

CloudCover I could pass on, however when I think about it I’ve currently got all variants of the ER seeker mold, so… hurm

Toxitron is the closest to a “sure” that I can muster - but since I already got the TFCC FunPub CW one, I kind of headcanon him as a beefcake? The Legacy G2 mold is much skinnier, which is fine for LazerOP & RIDScourge, but not so much Toxitron imo? He looks anemic

Not gonna pre any of these; maybe will be different if I chance upon em in the wild (ha)
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 02:02 PM   #3172
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Well, in that case, if the silent majority isn?t getting it, Walmart will be disappointed in the sales and we probably won?t get stuff like that in the future. Money talks.

Right?
Why do you think Velocitron hotrod was canceled? Could it be the deeply discounted 20$ scourges, the fields of overrides and haulers? Perhaps all the arcees, bulkheads and beast repaint wave still sitting on shelves? People are voting with their wallets but i dont think as many people are in the stores daily to see the effect. Been to TRU lately to see how many buzzworthy repaints are still sitting there?

Remember how highly recommended override was? Yet its a shelf warmer.

Again 20 people screaming they love a figure on reddit.. does not sell 1000 figures and retail stores only cares about the latter. The result is these retailers will purchase less product in the long run (you can see this happening with walmart right now).

Im happy for people who want these repaints, that have very little to no connection to the media these figures are based off of but i think you'll see they are an easy pass for the majority of people.

Last edited by RansakWORK; 03-17-2023 at 02:07 PM.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 02:37 PM   #3173
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
These new G2s don?t really do it for me, BUT

Jazz has got kind of a ?Fire Guts? thing going on, which is not completely unappealing

Not gonna pre any of these; maybe will be different if I chance upon em in the wild (ha)
I've been calling him "Flaming Hot Dorito Jazz"

But yeah, pretty much on the same page here, I think I'll wait for these to go on rollback. The concept is fun but pretty niche, I feel most of these would have been better for the Selects line.

The sad thing is, Walmart probably doesn't differentiate between niche exclusives and mainline stuff, so they might see the lack of sales as an indicator that they should order less Transformers in general. Meanwhile there are mainline figures and Speedia 500 releases that people are basically begging for...

All that aside, prices are just too high nowadays. It has to stop somewhere, and niche exclusives in garish colors seem to be where a lot of us are drawing the line.
Old 03-17-2023, 03:11 PM   #3174
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Love how I have 2 dead ends from the sale a while back stuck on walmart.ca but just walked into a local store and found 2 dead ends on the shelf.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:19 PM   #3175
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
Why do you think Velocitron hotrod was canceled? Could it be the deeply discounted 20$ scourges, the fields of overrides and haulers? Perhaps all the arcees, bulkheads and beast repaint wave still sitting on shelves? People are voting with their wallets but i dont think as many people are in the stores daily to see the effect. Been to TRU lately to see how many buzzworthy repaints are still sitting there?

Remember how highly recommended override was? Yet its a shelf warmer.

Again 20 people screaming they love a figure on reddit.. does not sell 1000 figures and retail stores only cares about the latter. The result is these retailers will purchase less product in the long run (you can see this happening with walmart right now).

Im happy for people who want these repaints, that have very little to no connection to the media these figures are based off of but i think you'll see they are an easy pass for the majority of people.
again, so what? It's a capsule line exclusive that is niche because it's an exclusive capsule line. override shelfwarmed; the deluxes didn't have a chance to. scourge didn't. and i've discovered being on TFW, even if galaxy shuttle is easy to find up here he's scarce AF in the US.

this isn't a mainline retail everywhere line.

and i'd also much rather a niche exclusive line be solely repaints and mild retools, NOT ACTUAL CAST MEMBERS GETTING A NEW TOY like Cosmos.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:23 PM   #3176
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
I've been calling him "Flaming Hot Dorito Jazz"

But yeah, pretty much on the same page here, I think I'll wait for these to go on rollback. The concept is fun but pretty niche, I feel most of these would have been better for the Selects line.

The sad thing is, Walmart probably doesn't differentiate between niche exclusives and mainline stuff, so they might see the lack of sales as an indicator that they should order less Transformers in general. Meanwhile there are mainline figures and Speedia 500 releases that people are basically begging for...

All that aside, prices are just too high nowadays. It has to stop somewhere, and niche exclusives in garish colors seem to be where a lot of us are drawing the line.
WalMart is Hasbro's biggest retail partner so I'm sure WM is more aware than we fans might think, even if they don't give a shit about specific characters.

I agree with you on price. a 50+ voyager after tax ismuch less of an impulse buy. It's only a theory, but I would think Override, especially at 1 per case, would have sold much better even back at the 40 voyager price point. We're seeing the point at which prices are high enough that it stalls sales.

But a lot of demand stuff still sells out and is HTF so *shrug*

Old 03-17-2023, 03:42 PM   #3177
Marcotron
Robot Master

Cosmos is gonna get repainted yellow into Scrounge... with a new head.
And that toy is gonna shelf warm...

Last edited by Marcotron; 03-17-2023 at 03:56 PM.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 04:22 PM   #3178
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
HE HAS A SPECIAL ARM

THERE IS NO OTHER LIKE IT

Old 03-17-2023, 09:56 PM   #3179
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
I hope he gets the GoBot repaint after.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 09:33 AM   #3180
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Preorder listing SS86 Snarl
Aug 01 2023 ship date
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transfo...RD43LGTBTY1SK8
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags