Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 04-12-2022, 11:50 AM   #21
wesperino
Energon
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster New Stock Images & First Look At Menasor Body

After watching the pulse stream, I?m sold. This looks amazing and the way the trailer becomes the skeleton and how the cars attach looks great imo.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 11:55 AM   #22
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: Transformers Legacy Motormaster New Stock Images & First Look At Menasor Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
Yeah, I was wondering if it was a Godbomber leg only situation too. I tried to zoom in on the Menasor mode and it is ambiguous about the arms, for sure. I feel like the part in purple in the closeup of attaching Dragstrip might be the port.

However, given I never thought they'd even bother with CW ports for this new Menasor, I can't imagine they would only do it halfway. I feel like they're doing it like 90% sure it is a conscious thought of some kind...
Phooey. Watched the livestream and no mention of CW compatibility. The arm transformation was pretty clear, I think there are no CW ports for the arms. Kind of sad it's just a Godbomber situation again. I'm still excited for how he looks compared to CW/UW Menasor, which was a floppy mess. But it would've been such a cool reveal to talk about CW features...
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:03 PM   #23
Magnimus
Alternator

I don't hate it. If this method of "combination" provides better articulation and more stability than most of the CW figures, I'm all for it, even if it means Menasor is a skeleton with other robots hanging off it.

The pricing, however, is a real gut punch. This might be the last combiner I collect if pricing and inflation is going to drive up the cost of plastic robots this much.
Old 04-12-2022, 03:47 PM   #24
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnimus View Post
I don't hate it. If this method of "combination" provides better articulation and more stability than most of the CW figures, I'm all for it, even if it means Menasor is a skeleton with other robots hanging off it.

The pricing, however, is a real gut punch. This might be the last combiner I collect if pricing and inflation is going to drive up the cost of plastic robots this much.
37*4 + 125 + tax

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 05:30 PM   #25
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
37*4 + 125 + tax

comes to $308.

Almost same price when I paid for my FPJ Menasor, even that's 10 years old design, but I still think looks better than this.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 05:59 AM   #26
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
What rumours alleged. It makes him look like the g1 animation model......
That's supposed to look more like the animation model? I disagree. The main torso might look more animation accurate, but I see Dragstrip and Dead End forming the entire arms of Menasor in the animation model. I DON'T see them hanging off a a scrawny grey skeleton. And I don't see them breaking in half with a huge gap where their elbow would be. Sorry, I'm not convinced. This doesn't look great.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:52 AM   #27
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight View Post
That's supposed to look more like the animation model? I disagree. The main torso might look more animation accurate, but I see Dragstrip and Dead End forming the entire arms of Menasor in the animation model. I DON'T see them hanging off a a scrawny grey skeleton. And I don't see them breaking in half with a huge gap where their elbow would be. Sorry, I'm not convinced. This doesn't look great.
Oh, I don't like it either way. That's what they're going for. People on tfw are dreaming themselves over it. I don't like Menasors animation model and I don't like an expensive combiner that doesn't even combine.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 08:35 AM   #28
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
Watched the livestream and no mention of CW compatibility
https://static.seibertron.com/images...2-11-45-14.png

At least confirmed on the Godbomber sitch; this pic def shows what appears to be a CW-style combiner peg visible at the underside of the knee

Holding out hope that there's a shoulder port system as well, though agreed that I didn't see it
The arms appear to be detachable; they wouldn't really skimp on that would they? *sweatdrop*
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote