Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-25-2012, 03:12 AM   #491
xelement24x
Generation 2
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
Speaking of toys you don't transform... I never bothered to transform my Darkness Megatron to its vehicle mode o.o It just... doesn't seem worth my time somehow
yea, for some reason meg's doesnt want to be transformed by me. I STILL havent transformed my ROTF, MP, PRIME, ANIMATED, RID, ENERGON megatrons. Go figure
xelement24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:24 AM   #492
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
Speaking of toys you don't transform... I never bothered to transform my Darkness Megatron to its vehicle mode o.o It just... doesn't seem worth my time somehow
I don't care what color scheme they release this mold in, the alt mode just isn't worth the time or effort
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #493
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelement24x View Post
yea, for some reason meg's doesnt want to be transformed by me. I STILL havent transformed my ROTF, MP, PRIME, ANIMATED, RID, ENERGON megatrons. Go figure
Megatron's alt modes:

ROTF = if you wanna see a clunky but cool looking alien tank

MP = you best take the afternoon off if you wanna see that oversized handgun.

Prime = Like I said, it's just not worth it.

Animated = uh..it's an animated version of the above I guess.

RID = Don't you wanna see hand mode!?

Energon = Cool enough jet
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #494
dabra_dmp
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
Megatron's alt modes:

RID Megatron is awesome, hand mode is soo cool . The others Megatron are meh. I buy them but after I open the box I always ask myself why I bought them. Some are cool like G1, G2, RID, Armada, Energon, DOTM, Beast War (T-Rex and dragon)
Old 11-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #495
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Hasbro needs to figure out what the heck they want Megatron to BE and just stick to that. Since they made the mistake of picking the handgun robot dude as the bad guy in G1 Megatron hasn't had an ICONIC alt-mode. He's always changing from being some sort of mobile gun, either on wheels or flying.

Now it seems they're stuck to 'cybertronian death glider' or something or other -.-
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #496
MaxArel
RUN IT'S DREADWING
Send a message via MSN to MaxArel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
With my Digimons, the transforming ones i grew up with, I usually asscoiate them to he times ive played with them then a food! :P

and I don't blame your father. I bought TM2 Megs a year ago at the toycon and he still sits in Robot mode because...fuck i don't have any instructions and ITS HARD LOOKING
I can't blame my dad, he did all the transforming for me as a kid. It's funny, really, later on a cousin of mine, five years old, came to my dad for help with a Transformers we had bought for his birthday. I ended up being the one to do it for every single toy he owned. I think I've tried every gimmick in a toy that day... twice!

MaxArel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #497
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by catimus prime View Post
I'm new here, so I'll start by telling you guys my TF fandom story.
Welcome to the boards, enjoy your stay and feel free to share you collection and ideas with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxArel View Post
Actually, the only food I associate with Transformers is that Beast Wars Transmetal II Megatron reminds me of crust-less egg sandwiches. It was Cristmas, I believe, and I had just gotten the guy for a gift. I was way young back then and I couldn't Transform these guys without my Dad's help. Thing is, he had problems reading the instructions, s he told me I should go play with my other toys while he tried to figure it out. I head to the kitchen, a tad angry, and my uncle offer me a sandwich. I bite and I immediately spit (t'was the day I learned I don't like eggs). I ran back to my dad, afraid the taste of eggs was to follow me should the Dragon not become the Robot.
Man, I miss being young and stupid. Now I'm just stupid.
My food relation to Transformers was definitely Nutella. Because of my parents work schedule and the fact that I didn't go to school close to home, I could never be home on time to watch cartoons in the PM. So my dad would record all the Transformers and G.I. Joe episodes during the week and I would pop the tape in on Saturday morning and watch them with my breakfast, which usually was Nutella toast.

Now I too had my collector fire rekindled by the 2007 movie... you know what else came back to me that year? Having Nutella toast... I tell ya, they are connected!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
Megatron's alt modes:

I actually never like any of Meg's alt-modes since G1/Masterpiece. I say to Hasbro pick something that looks awesome and stick to it! Whether it's a Cybertronian Jet or a huge tank. Actually, considering he's named after the destructive power (yeild) of nuclear weapons, maybe he should transform into a missile silo!
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus

Last edited by Magnus; 11-26-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #498
Undrave
Canadian Slag

I personally like the tank look better than the cybertronian jet, but I guess it would make sense ofr the leader of the Decepticons to have air superiority. As long as they stick to the flying alt-mode and he has an arm canon I won't complain.

It's the flip flopping between jet and tank that's really annoying.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #499
Protoman
The Legend

The kid in me loved Armada Megatron for what his alt mode did with all the Minicons. All the Megatron/Galvatrons have some kind of merit (cept most of the movie stuff............. then again I loved DOTM Voyager Megs)
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #500
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
I personally like the tank look better than the cybertronian jet, but I guess it would make sense ofr the leader of the Decepticons to have air superiority. As long as they stick to the flying alt-mode and he has an arm canon I won't complain.

It's the flip flopping between jet and tank that's really annoying.
I'm never really satisfied with Megatron figures either. Because his design is a lot more varied than Prime, he ends up being less iconic in general... I never liked the gun. The tank is better, but feels sluggish. A truck like DOTM feels wrong... too similar to Prime and Motormaster. The Cybertronian jets always feel odd though. Energon Megatron is pretty cool all around, but doesn't feel like Megatron. Armada, Cybertron, RID, are all cool designs but also don't really declare "Megatron" to me (Armada comes close).

Prime at least feels like it's spiritually based on G1 Megatron, though his flying can-opener mode does nothing for me at all. As far as G1 homages go, I think TFA Leader Megs is probably my favourite, though he's too stylized to fit anything besides Animated.

MP Megatron is a terrible toy in my opinion. The only reason I have it (and I got it cheap) is so I can have SOMETHING to stand next to MP-01. I'm really hoping Takara gives us a Megatron in the new MP line. I'd love to see a G1 style Megs with a tank mode (similar to early IDW Megs).

Though to clarify, I will say that a lot of Megatrons are great toys... as Proto points out above. They just don't give me that "Megatron" fix.

zmog

Last edited by SMOG; 11-27-2012 at 01:30 PM.
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote