Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 07-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
Hhai
Beasty
My first mod ever: Prime Cliffjumper remix!

This is the first time I've found the courage to put the knife on my figures but I'm quite proud of the result. FE Cliffjumper is obviously a better figure than RID Cliffjumper, except in my opinion for one thing: the feets. FE's feet are the wrong color (black instead of red) and are visibly to small compared to the animated model. So the idea was simply to graft RID's feet on FE, while maintaining articulation and posability. The missing piece came from the ball joint donor par excellence, DOTM Starcream who sadly lost his two arms in the operation.

The little piece I needed (sorry crappy cell phone cam)

The ball joint is a perfect fit for FE's leg. So all needed to do was to stick the swivel joint on the other end of that little piece to RID's foot.

The resulting foot has a great range of articulation:

This allows for really wide stances:

The final result

Of course the feet need to be popped off for transformation but it's no a big deal for me. I may put some black over the silver parts for a more screen acurate look but for the moment I'm happy with the silver on the feet as it looks good with the other silver parts on the figure.

Here's a nice dynamic pose that couldn't be achieved before!

Elyse

Last edited by Hhai; 07-11-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Hhai is offline   Reply With Quote