Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-13-2015, 06:28 PM   #61
nicoath
Underbase caretaker
Re: Biggest letdown of the year

I still have to go pick up my MP Tracks from my buddy's place so I can't really comment hands-on. From the pictures, it looks like he's a solid mix of animation model and G1 toy.

Although you mentioned that it's hard to put in words your disappointment with MP Tracks, it would be easier to share personal points of view if yours was a little more specific. Is it the plastic quality? QC issues as in paint application? Size proportion? Design?You're entitled to your opinion though, it just would be nice to know what it is

There is a difference in the Takara MP designs once they changed up their team, and it looks like maybe they're trying to stay true mostly to the animation models with the upcoming figures. I actually like the photos of Ironhide & Ratchet, those side flaps are my main gripe. But again they're only pictures. I love Takara Shockwave, he looks spot on. I don't own Quakewave so I'm anticipating this one. Hotrod looks pretty solid as well.

Once I have him in hand I'll be able to review the figure better.
nicoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:28 PM   #62
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
I think Takara will get a strong message once MP shockwave hits... let all pray Takara see this and will turn things around
what are you talking about? I think the takara shockwave looks better than quakewave, its way more cartoon accurate to boot. I hope takara doesn't turn things around because that would mean the downward spin of the company. The strong message will be that they did a great job and people are buying their figures. Do you honestly believe that Hasbro would design a better MP Figure??? not remotely would that happen because of their cost factors for hasbro.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:41 PM   #63
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoath View Post
I still have to go pick up my MP Tracks from my buddy's place so I can't really comment hands-on. From the pictures, it looks like he's a solid mix of animation model and G1 toy.

Although you mentioned that it's hard to put in words your disappointment with MP Tracks, it would be easier to share personal points of view if yours was a little more specific. Is it the plastic quality? QC issues as in paint application? Size proportion? Design?You're entitled to your opinion though, it just would be nice to know what it is

There is a difference in the Takara MP designs once they changed up their team, and it looks like maybe they're trying to stay true mostly to the animation models with the upcoming figures. I actually like the photos of Ironhide & Ratchet, those side flaps are my main gripe. But again they're only pictures. I love Takara Shockwave, he looks spot on. I don't own Quakewave so I'm anticipating this one. Hotrod looks pretty solid as well.

Once I have him in hand I'll be able to review the figure better.
As I pointed out earlier I had a good chat with a fellow member from repo labels site and we both agree that we are used to higher quality figures... look at fan toys bombshell, MMC Sphinx - Mirage just to name a few all are around the same price but the 3rd party offerings are hitting it out of the park lately for the last time I do not hate mp tracks hes just not up their to takara standards is all.
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:45 PM   #64
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
what are you talking about? I think the takara shockwave looks better than quakewave, its way more cartoon accurate to boot. I hope takara doesn't turn things around because that would mean the downward spin of the company. The strong message will be that they did a great job and people are buying their figures. Do you honestly believe that Hasbro would design a better MP Figure??? not remotely would that happen because of their cost factors for hasbro.
No dicast, No lights need I say more just look at all the chat on TFW.. Ill give you that takara has the legs perfect but will this make members that already have Quake wave buy another one ... only time will tell.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:51 PM   #65
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

This is the most TFWesque thread I think I've ever seen here on Cybertron.ca...
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:57 PM   #66
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
You know, just as you say that if I don't like a tf I don't have to buy it, the same goes for you. If you don't like my opinion you don't have to pay attention to it.

We both have passion for the same thing, that's for sure.
We can go like this forever. If you don't want people commenting on what you say, don't put it on the internet. *shrug*

Honestly, I'd rather be discussing the figures, their Pros and their Cons, but notice none of that's happening here.

People are asking for specifics about why people don't like a figure, but none are given. Under those circumstances threads like these go like this.

Bob: I don't like the figure.
Fred:I like the figure.
Bob: You're wrong.
Fred: You're wrong.
Bob: No, you're wrong. The figure sucks.
Fred: No, you're wrong. The figure rocks.
Sam: Bob's wrong.
Dean: Fred's wrong.
etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
I would encourage people to stop buying into the hype. Stop preordering stuff that's crap. Demand better. It's the only way to say to Takara- do better.
Notice you're making assumptions here. Not everyone is buying into the hype. And when you say it like this, you're insulting the everyone who bough the figure.

For me, I did my homework. Watched videos and examined pictures. Took a looked at the positives and the negatives of the figure, and I determined the negatives didn't bother me much and that the positives made it a figure I wanted.

Also, you're calling something objectively crap when it obviously isn't, and you're saying we're all buying crap because of the hype.

Do you really think everyone is that stupid?

And if you expect comments to be heard by Takara designers, if you don't put specifics about your grips, how the heck are they supposed to figure out what to improve?

I got burned once with Impossible Toys Valkyrie, and since then, I do my homework, and I haven't been disappointed since. When I buy something I know exactly what I'm getting into, warts and all.

With that said, if someone wants to discuss a flaw in the Tracks mold, how about the gap between his backpack and body. Personally, it doesn't bother me that much because I display my bots facing forward.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 11-13-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:04 PM   #67
nicoath
Underbase caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
As I pointed out earlier I had a good chat with a fellow member from repo labels site and we both agree that we are used to higher quality figures... look at fan toys bombshell, MMC Sphinx - Mirage just to name a few all are around the same price but the 3rd party offerings are hitting it out of the park lately for the last time I do not hate mp tracks hes just not up their to takara standards is all.
Well, I never stated that you hated MP Tracks so I'm not sure where that's coming from.

I don't own either FT Bombshell or MMC Sphinx so I can't compare quality to Takara. I do own MMC Feral Rex though and I can definitely empathize that MMC quality is solid. I limit my third party offerings to certain companies. Looking forward to MMC Impactor

For MP style figures I prefer to support Takara because for me they represent a solid interpretation and scratch my G1 itch. Tracks may not be up to your standards (whatever they may be) but I doubt this indicates the company is declining in quality. Certain figures will not make everyone happy I suppose.
nicoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:10 PM   #68
CAF
Banned

Sunshine, I think the flaws in tracks are quite evident. Like I need to reiterate them.

I am making points about hype and cognitive dissonance. And you are becoming the prume example.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:16 PM   #69
protoform_ironhide
Commander

To stay on topic, I would say the Biggest letdown for me is we still don't get a new Masterpeice Megatron, instead we get that crappy Generaions leader class Megatron that is out of scale to the rest of the CHUG. And give me a decent IDW Optimus prime already! That CW Optimus just doesn't cut it for me..
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:19 PM   #70
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoath View Post
Well, I never stated that you hated MP Tracks so I'm not sure where that's coming from.

I don't own either FT Bombshell or MMC Sphinx so I can't compare quality to Takara. I do own MMC Feral Rex though and I can definitely empathize that MMC quality is solid. I limit my third party offerings to certain companies. Looking forward to MMC Impactor

For MP style figures I prefer to support Takara because for me they represent a solid interpretation and scratch my G1 itch. Tracks may not be up to your standards (whatever they may be) but I doubt this indicates the company is declining in quality. Certain figures will not make everyone happy I suppose.
lol opps that part was not meant for you... some have sadly tried to put words in my month saying I hate mp tracks... noop I like him, but he is a major let down compared to others....