Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-23-2015, 01:04 PM   #21
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: rental car warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
Please provide the name and location of any body shop in Calgary that's doing dent repair for $26. Also explain how a scratch can change dark paint to white without touching the paint.
Show your photos to Contemporary Coachworks and ask them how much it would cost to fix. If they say it's under $500, I'll pay your rental charges.
im not going to get into a flame war with you(I know who you are/previous user name)
it boils down to this....the white you see is the other cars paint.
the white isn't even past the clearcoat or into the base coat.with 2-3 minutes of my time and some polish or even arm and hammer toothpaste with baking soda,i can remove the white.
the ding itself,if you're so adamant about it,look up dent clinic and ask them how much to remove a door ding that's 1/8" x1/8" .they're going to tell you that it's 26 dollars for the first one,then 10-15 for each additional one.my wife just went there in January for her 2011 crv.
and as for contemporary coachworks,those guys are idiots. they're who t and t Honda sends repairs to. it took them 5 return trips to fix a tiny rust spot on my 09 si ,even then,the fifth trip was to have them completely powerpolish my entire front half of my car as they didn't even bother masking for over spray when repainting the back end of the car.
I actually had their main shop foreman on his hands and knees hand polishing my monochromatic rims of over spray in the parking lot there as they still couldn't get it right after five trips back. they're not as reputable as you think they are.to this day,there's still over spray on my headlights,thick enough that you have to wet sand it all off first before you plastic polish it.(another project i'm dreading as I shouldn't have to do it if they were as good as they claim.)
ask "chris"(the same guy we both know at tandt)
in the aftermarket side how many return trips I had to make back there.....

as for yours costing that much,yours was either right down to the bare metal(past the clearcoat/basecoat/primer)or you got taken for a ride.
but the damage I pictured is "surface",meaning it sits on top of the clearcoat.
with $500.00,you could buy a brand new whole door skin...

Last edited by chans formers; 07-23-2015 at 01:06 PM.
chans formers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:11 PM   #22
Soundwaves
Robot Master
Re: rental car warning - payless rentals

In my experience, if you don't pay, their only recourse is to ban you from renting with Payless.

What you've described is probably the most well known rental scam around...pretty sure cbc did an expose of budget in Richmond on this same kind of thing.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV+Sho...ID/2306697526/

Last edited by Soundwaves; 07-23-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:33 PM   #23
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
In my experience, if you don't pay, their only recourse is to ban you from renting with Payless.

What you've described is probably the most well known rental scam around...pretty sure cbc did an expose of budget in Richmond on this same kind of thing.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV+Sho...ID/2306697526/
sad thing is,only after all this happened,now I found out about "yelp" reviews,and almost every last review I read of this location is exactly the same scam tactic over and over.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:01 PM   #24
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Honestly, if you really care and are pissed off enough to make the effort, contact the media.

You make a great case and the fact that your family is involved only helps your appeal.

You can save yourself the 500 and also get some karma banked....
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:30 PM   #25
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon
Re: rental car warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
im not going to get into a flame war with you(I know who you are/previous user name)
it boils down to this....the white you see is the other cars paint.
the white isn't even past the clearcoat or into the base coat.with 2-3 minutes of my time and some polish or even arm and hammer toothpaste with baking soda,i can remove the white.
the ding itself,if you're so adamant about it,look up dent clinic and ask them how much to remove a door ding that's 1/8" x1/8" .they're going to tell you that it's 26 dollars for the first one,then 10-15 for each additional one.my wife just went there in January for her 2011 crv.
and as for contemporary coachworks,those guys are idiots. they're who t and t Honda sends repairs to. it took them 5 return trips to fix a tiny rust spot on my 09 si ,even then,the fifth trip was to have them completely powerpolish my entire front half of my car as they didn't even bother masking for over spray when repainting the back end of the car.
I actually had their main shop foreman on his hands and knees hand polishing my monochromatic rims of over spray in the parking lot there as they still couldn't get it right after five trips back. they're not as reputable as you think they are.to this day,there's still over spray on my headlights,thick enough that you have to wet sand it all off first before you plastic polish it.(another project i'm dreading as I shouldn't have to do it if they were as good as they claim.)
ask "chris"(the same guy we both know at tandt)
in the aftermarket side how many return trips I had to make back there.....

as for yours costing that much,yours was either right down to the bare metal(past the clearcoat/basecoat/primer)or you got taken for a ride.
but the damage I pictured is "surface",meaning it sits on top of the clearcoat.
with $500.00,you could buy a brand new whole door skin...
No war intended, I was asking for the name of a place because I've had a dent needing repair for the last 10 years.
I got a quote for $900 to fix it, maybe I can give you some work if you can do it for under $50. That'd be great.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:48 PM   #26
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

These chode-smokers got and "F" rating from The Better Business Bureau .

Chans, I agree that you should get the media involved. Though the problem may be industry-wide. All car rental agencies are thieves.

Hope you get a resolution, or at the very least they all contract chlamydia through karma...

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:27 PM   #27
chans formers
raff ow roud

just got back from tdcanadatrust.
they managed to do a reverse payment pending investigation) on my debit card for the rental car being shy of 500. this was only because we had the original email/statement/quote from them advertising it and confirming it to be just over 200+ dollars.glad we kept that.
the insurance scam for the additional 500 is currently in the works with our agent......

@sir prime,no harm done,depending on the size of the dent and where it is,that may be why it's so much.if it's on an open flat area,then get other quotes.if it's on a actual pressed body line,that's where it gets expensive.
it also depends how deep it is.if you can see metal or primer,then it's pricey.
but the one we had on the rental was literally surface.if I knew where we packed the tooth paste I would have just pulled over to the side and rubbed it out before we got back to the rental place.the ding itselfs overall diameter is slightly smaller than a dime.
if yours sounds somewhat similar,seriously,contact dent clinic as they do it without repainting.i had a friend with a vw bug that got hammered in a hail storm in Airdrie and all in all,once they removed all the dents,it cost him just under 600$(his deductible would have been five hundred alone,along with having to make a claim which would have raised his rates).before he went there,it looked like a golf ball lolz...
Old 07-23-2015, 08:05 PM   #28
BlackZarak
Robot in Disguise
BlackZarak's Ebay Auctions

I saw a story on Global News' Consumer SOS during the 6pm news. Very same location where you were ripped off....many pissed off customers were interviewed with similar complaints. Management blames Pan Am for making them too busy, resulting in poor customer service. Also, Payless is owned by AVIS.
BlackZarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:57 PM   #29
RageD
Energon

When are you sending Otis the Check for your little wager?
Old 07-23-2015, 11:56 PM   #30
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageD View Post
When are you sending Otis the Check for your little wager?
The bet is contingent on him sending the photos to Contemporary Coachworks, as stipulated in the original post. The requirements were not met.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote