Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-24-2015, 08:52 PM   #11
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions
Re: Shelflife

I was there from day 1 when James tossed the idea at a bunch of us at his condo. I curated many catelogs with some having hundreds of entries like my gundam catelogs. Yes we were told we would get some sort of commission which sounded good as a slight thank you for our hard work. I never saw a dime either. That wasn't a make or break just kind of a let down I guess. I only bought something 1 time and it never arrived and never got my money back. Glad it wasn't an expensive item.

I fell behind because of working a lot and having a baby at home so not much time. There was never anything I was looking for either and the stuff I had for sale I always got the stupid emails with everyone offering stupid prices like $1 for a mp.

Site has potential and I have nothing but love for James and his crew just some things need to be tweeked I guess to help everyone.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #12
neevnav
Masterpiece

I've bought from there and it went fine. I wish there were an option for others to help curate as I'd be happy to jump in on some catalogs that haven't been updated for a while.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #13
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by neevnav View Post
I wish there were an option for others to help curate as I'd be happy to jump in on some catalogs that haven't been updated for a while.
There is but the owners, mods and employees have not been very responsive over the last 3 months or so unfortunately
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:27 AM   #14
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

I have curated a few catalogues as well and I was also told there would be money we'd see. I never saw any either.

I also don't like that anyone can add a picture to a catalogue and then you can't delete the shitty ones because they don't want you to.

I thought the initial idea would be awesome yet they didn't pursue any advertising or attempt to draw people to use the site, people kept using Ebay.

I haven't updated any of my catalogues in months and months, there's no point in me doing work and seeing no benefit to it.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 02:57 PM   #15
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I was their first contest winner! At the beginning it was like a random draw; at some point one of them would take a look at the site and whoever they saw was logged on and active won. It's because of Shelflife that I have the Surprise Headmasters Gift Set.

I didn't know anything about commissions or anything. I initially signed on to have an online accounting of my collection. I created and curate the She-Ra catalog because of the same reason, none existed and I wanted to account my collection.

I know people get busy, life happens, but I think that is one of the downfalls of this site. There are catalogs that haven't been updated in a egregiously long time. I'd be willing to do it, but they'd have to pay me! There's A LOT of work that needs to be done on the site and it would take up a lot of time to do it.

Also, when I "want" something and it asks how much I'd want to spend on it, I try to put a reasonable amount. But I get so tired of getting those emails "Shelflife users want to buy what you have" and when I open it I see stuff like "So-and-so wants to buy your MP Soundwave (for example) for $1.00."

I tried to sell stuff on the site but never got any bites. Well, I got one, but I had already found a buyer locally, so I let the person know.
I too have messaged people about the stuff they were selling but never got any replies.

I mostly like it for the sig banner because I like to show off my new acquisitions. Though I do kind wish it would rotate and randomly feature other things I have, not just the last one I added.

Last edited by Shockwave 75; 08-06-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Shockwave 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:48 PM   #16
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

I did a bunch of curating too, but it's kind of gone dead.

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:44 PM   #17
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Word has it they are looking for funding again, since the Dragons Den thing never actually went through.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:17 PM   #18
chans formers
raff ow roud

I feel for some of you guys who put in so much time and effort curating.

as opposed to just questioning/pondering, has anyone who commented in here actually pm'd "faustx" (james) and inquired what the deal is?
I last seen him at tfcon this year and all looked normal....
hope he's ok and he's still got something in the works for shelflife....
Old 08-06-2015, 08:19 PM   #19
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
I feel for some of you guys who put in so much time and effort curating.

as opposed to just questioning/pondering, has anyone who commented in here actually pm'd "faustx" (james) and inquired what the deal is?
I last seen him at tfcon this year and all looked normal....
hope he's ok and he's still got something in the works for shelflife....
I've sent messages to him and Nick with no response unfortunately. It would appear they haven't answered anyone on the Facebook page either
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:05 PM   #20
Hellboy
Alternator

I approached them about a Hot Toys catalogue before there was one and they asked me how I would approach it. I gave them a breakdown of the categories I would set it up as and never heard back. I found out later (months after my initial contact) that they gave it to someone else and at the time it still wasn't live. It left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.