Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 01-02-2017, 01:35 PM   #1
Gordicon14
Generations
Titan Returns Fortress Maximus leg pod?

Anyone know if there is some other intended function to Fortress Maximus' leg pod thing? I realize it attaches to the leg, but there are two molded hinge thingys 5hat suggest it has some other use. This could've been a cool little tank for the Titan Masters, but it doesn't open
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20170102_111611_1.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	35553   Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20170102_111558_1.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	35554  
Gordicon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:40 PM   #2
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave
Re: Titan Returns Fortress Maximus leg pod?

I don't believe so....I think Hasbro simply just reused the mold for the shoulder gun of Titan Metroplex and designed a cap to cover it and make it look different.

If you notice, the pivot is attached to the blue molded piece, not the red. Just Hasbro reusing whatever they can in different ways to save money on an extensive remold of a 2' tall figure
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:58 PM   #3
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I never liked that weird pod thing sticking out of the original Fortress Maximus' leg. It sucks that on the new one there isn't a spot for it to store inside that doesn't rattle around.

I would have much rather had the gun on the box. Or the master sword. Or hell, even the "big red" gun from Metroplex cast in blue (actually, that would have been awesomesauce). I'd have even settled for a little fold out handle to use that helipad thing as a handgun.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:48 PM   #4
Gordicon14
Generations

Yeah, it's too bad they didn't do something more with the pod. It makes a nice tower in base mode, with or without Cerebros in place, but there is nothing to hold it in place. It can lay in the control centre in base mode, but doesn't clip in anywhere. Same as the arm cavity - fits, but doesn't clip in anywhere.

And then there are those big empty legs. Iknow its carryover from metroplex, but .... ya know. Just leg caves
Gordicon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #5
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordicon14 View Post

And then there are those big empty legs. Iknow its carryover from metroplex, but .... ya know. Just leg caves
Before Fortress Maximus came out, I thought they'd use the leg cavities to store the upper leg in city mode.

Make a big hole in the bottom inside of the foot with a door to hide it, and have the knee bend 180 degrees. Clamp the shin together around the thigh, and then it's a tower with the knee at the top, the foot at the bottom (surrounding the hip), and the guns facing the back of the city.

Or alternately, have the shin rotate 180 degrees to the side at the knee, so the guns face forward.

Anyways, I'll figure out a way to use those hollow spots as bunkers or medbays or something, Fortress Maximus has lots of potential for custom modes, like that one siege wall I've seen. I'm still messing around with the leftover shoulder tower joint from Metroplex.

Last edited by Shepp; 01-04-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote