Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 10-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #11
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
Re: QC Issues for Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime

all these issues make me happier i spent the extra money on the takara version

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #12
joshimus
Metroplex

I must have lucked out cause mine seems fine. Fingers a good, no stress marks, backpack closes with gun no problems...Well I guess the only issue I have is his legs have to be really pushed together to lock into place for vehicle mode, but it does work with a bit of patience. Had no issue attaching the trailer to his legs soooo...yeah. I dunno. My Prid Rumble had one wheel that came broken at the clip. Had to fix it.
Considering Takara is no better with QC issues, I wouldn't get too crazy about which MP would be better.
My AM Prime Megatron has loose legs and his bat sycthe weapon has stress marks from attaching the neck to the body.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #13
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by razin View Post
Although mines fingers don't have stress marks, they do fall off way too easily. I'm afraid I will lose them.
Me too.
The two Index fingers.
shabooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #14
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Too bad about QC issues. Try to not let them take away too much from enjoying this awesome toy!

Out of curiosity, how much is this retailing for? I love my Takara but may pick up a second to display in box and save for my son.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #15
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I still love this Prime. He is awesome, the best prime ever made by hasbro! I still cannot put him down...oh wait what's this taking my time away from prime??? something is stealing the spotlight...

Oh Giant, only you could steal my eyes, lol.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #16
DamonL
Rollllllllout Autobots

I don't have the hasbro version..but I have heard that the chest compartment doesn't close perfectly and does not line up?
DamonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #17
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
I don't have the hasbro version..but I have heard that the chest compartment doesn't close perfectly and does not line up?
I've never noticed it before but that seems to be the case with mine.

Damn, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #18
Paco Grande
Generation 1

I found on mine that the chest compartment was having issues closing all the way, but if I press on the black piece that goes over the matrix (under the chrome bumper part) pretty hard it will click into place and then the chest can close properly. The problem with that is that after I click the black part it becomes very difficult to open it again.

I also noticed that the matrix is not symetrical. The blue crystal part is larger on one side. I also tried flipping the matrix around at the same time so that may be what fixed it. Perhaps the matrix will only go in properly one way? And if it's not that way the chest won't close all the way?

I also have loose ankles and fingers that tend to pop off. The backpack won't close all the way with the gun in it. And I may have the arm issue talked about at the start of this thread because I'm finding it really hard to line the right arm up in truck mode. There's a small gap visable above the arm. I'll look more closely next time I transform him.

Having said all that I still think he's awesome. And for those of you that have not looked at the trailer, I think it's really sweet. There are a few gimmicks in the trailer and roller that I thought were awesome. Like roller being able to "transform" a little bit and hold the rifle or pull the trailer. And I thought the way the ramp deploys was a nice touch.
Paco Grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #19
rego00123
Machine War

the matrix is designed to go in with the larger opening to the back. this is why there is a hollow in the chamber where the jewel sits. for many people having the chest doors not closing doing this solves almost all of the issues for them.

it doesn't help he is packaged with it the opposite way around, that it WILL fit in both ways and there is no mention of it in the instructions...i can see why people do not notice this tiny detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco Grande View Post
I found on mine that the chest compartment was having issues closing all the way, but if I press on the black piece that goes over the matrix (under the chrome bumper part) pretty hard it will click into place and then the chest can close properly. The problem with that is that after I click the black part it becomes very difficult to open it again.

I also noticed that the matrix is not symetrical. The blue crystal part is larger on one side. I also tried flipping the matrix around at the same time so that may be what fixed it. Perhaps the matrix will only go in properly one way? And if it's not that way the chest won't close all the way?

I also have loose ankles and fingers that tend to pop off. The backpack won't close all the way with the gun in it. And I may have the arm issue talked about at the start of this thread because I'm finding it really hard to line the right arm up in truck mode. There's a small gap visable above the arm. I'll look more closely next time I transform him.

Having said all that I still think he's awesome. And for those of you that have not looked at the trailer, I think it's really sweet. There are a few gimmicks in the trailer and roller that I thought were awesome. Like roller being able to "transform" a little bit and hold the rifle or pull the trailer. And I thought the way the ramp deploys was a nice touch.

Last edited by rego00123; 10-16-2012 at 11:39 PM.
rego00123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 AM   #20
wedge1021
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco Grande View Post
And for those of you that have not looked at the trailer, I think it's really sweet. There are a few gimmicks in the trailer and roller that I thought were awesome. Like roller being able to "transform" a little bit and hold the rifle or pull the trailer. And I thought the way the ramp deploys was a nice touch.
One thing about the interior of the trailer that a buddy of mine pointed out to me is the lack of paint apps / sticker-type details. He showed me a Reprolabels set for this which looks really nice and makes the trailer a much nicer accessory in my opinion. When I finally get a couple free hours to myself I'll break him out of his plastic prison and see if I want to order that Reprolabels set.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote