Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #21
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2
Re: Opposite Opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cky_ibm View Post
Same here. I honestly don't see how they can improve on Prime or BB anymore than they already have.

I'm kinda sick of the movie toys in general. I'm excited for the next film, but the toys themselves I could care less about.

Cheers!
-Ian
Opening/removable face plate for prime. You know that's what movie 3 Prime will have.
ConvoyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #22
Perceptor
Alternator

I really enjoyed reading this thread... it's one of the better ones around... engaging and thoughtful. Like one of the posters here I also stopped following TFs for 20+ yrs and only came back after the Bay movie 1 came out. So for those who hate the movies, I think at least the movies brought back a generation of fans who didn`t follow Beast Wars etc. TF Animated didn`t look appealing to me at first but over time I grew to like the toys and loved their stylized design and looks.

Since we are talking about opposite opinions... I am going to say something `blasphemous` on this board... I know everyone is crazy about the G1 figures... but I don`t really care for them, even though I like the original TV show very much. Those original G1 toys have such limited posability, limited playability, and limited transformation that they just don`t do much for me. I like the Universe and Generation lines representation of those G1 figures though... much better playability. I don`t keep TFs in boxes, I play with them. So having fun transforming or posing a scene is all that counts for me.

I`ve given up on trying to collect only one or two lines or stick to original characters or movie characters or anything like that. If the toy looks cool, transformation looks fun, price looks right, then I get it. It doesn`t matter if the character never existed anywhere!!

So I have a mixture of movie bots, universe bots, generations bots, and TFA bots. And since the price on most G1 figures are quite expensive and playability lacking, I don`t bother with them. (I`ve lost all the G1 figures I had back in the 80`s.)

There, I`ve said it. Having said all that, I totally respect the love other members here have for G1s and other figures. I think it`s cool that everyone could be into different types of TFs and for different reasons. It makes the community interesting. I respect your opinion too if you think my verbage above is rubbish... that`s cool...
Perceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #23
Pascal
Banned

The Classics seekers.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #24
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
The Classics seekers.
What about them? You love them? Hate them?

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:39 PM   #25
Pascal
Banned

I think they're a bit overrated. I only have the Starscream mold and it's enough for me.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #26
Sideswipe
Break it down!

For the movie, all that's left that I'd want is a Megs I can love, and a ratchet I can love. Possibly a Soundwave I can love....

I hear that on Classics Jetfire. I also hate his f'in feet and legs. The whole thing actually kinda sucks except for the head sculpt.
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:07 PM   #27
Darth Grimlock
Robot Master

I for one love the Classic Jetfire mold. I own 3 out of the 5 variations on it. Only missing Treadbolt and Dreadwind.

I'm getting tired of seeing the yellow and black camaro out on shelves. Yes people like BB, but how many different molds do we need (between 3 movies).
Darth Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #28
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post
I hear that on Classics Jetfire. I also hate his f'in feet and legs. The whole thing actually kinda sucks except for the head sculpt.
He basically has the same transformation scheme as the Machine Wars flipchanger jets, except that he's bigger, more expensive, lacks that spring-loaded gimmick and came out ten years later (which means he should have benefited from the advances in engineering techniques in the intervening time.)

Jetfire is the only character who's Classics version is significantly worse than his original G1 toy.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:40 AM   #29
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
snip..

Since we are talking about opposite opinions... I am going to say something `blasphemous` on this board... I know everyone is crazy about the G1 figures... but I don`t really care for them, even though I like the original TV show very much. Those original G1 toys have such limited posability, limited playability, and limited transformation that they just don`t do much for me. I like the Universe and Generation lines representation of those G1 figures though... much better playability. I don`t keep TFs in boxes, I play with them. So having fun transforming or posing a scene is all that counts for me.

snip...

There, I`ve said it. Having said all that, I totally respect the love other members here have for G1s and other figures. I think it`s cool that everyone could be into different types of TFs and for different reasons. It makes the community interesting. I respect your opinion too if you think my verbage above is rubbish... that`s cool...
Well said.

Engineering wise. G1 can't hold a candle to the new stuff. I remember when getting Metroplex to stand spread legged and Scattershot to crouch was awesome posability. BUT I don't think collecting G1 is about the posability and stuff. It's about the charm and simplicity of the figure. Plus they make really cool paper weights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Jetfire is the only character who's Classics version is significantly worse than his original G1 toy.
Really? I own both and it's not even close. Have you tried a split leg pose with G1 Jetfire? I mean G1 Jetfire is one of most posable G1 figures, but it still isn't up to snuff with most of the modern stuff.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:56 AM   #30
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Predaking View Post
Universe Galvaltron. everyone hates him.
Despite his flaws I still like him.
This. I quite like the guy despite the fact that his left arm is way loose.

Tags
dislike, drift, generations, opinion, transformers