Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-25-2020, 08:26 PM   #1
Pascal
Banned
Earthrise appreciation thread

That Starscream is a hell of a figure. One of the best Voyagers in years imo. With landing gear and maybe a waist swivel, it would be perfect.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:14 PM   #2
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Earthrise appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
That Starscream is a hell of a figure. One of the best Voyagers in years imo. With landing gear and maybe a waist swivel, it would be perfect.
Agreed, I think I'm going to get rid of my Seige versions because of it (really prefer the fighter jet alt mode instead of the tetra jet).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:16 PM   #3
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Grapple has around... 95% of his G1 transformation in 2020 plastic technology... and is excellent!
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:25 PM   #4
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Grapple has around... 95% of his G1 transformation in 2020 plastic technology... and is excellent!
Yeah, I thought he already looked fantastic just sitting there in his box on the shelf, the plastic has a nice quality shine to it.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:53 PM   #5
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Just got that today too, it's definitely underrated.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:51 AM   #6
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Still waiting for Starscream and the only one I've opened is Prime and that was pretty impressive
wervenom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:56 AM   #7
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Really? You guys like ER Starscream better than Siege? Okay then,lol. To be fair, i always kinda detested the classics mold anyway so not surprised the ER is less than impressive to me. He's not bad but there is a TON of room for improvement and accuracy. Be careful with them tiny chest tabs.Grapple is quite the sleeper hit though.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:30 AM   #8
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Never got the Classics seekers, and honestly don't have a single CHUG or PWT Scream (never thought any of them were good enough representation)

POTP is a joke
got TC & SW of the CW legends, they are OK enough (functional) but tiny and limited articulation

Siege's bot mode looked kind of OK, but I couldn't get past how dumpy it looked in-box, plus I didn't want my "when I finally get a Starscream" to be a damned tetrajet that removes the whole jet off his back

EarthRise is honestly looking like I'll finally bite
Wish he had a smirk or a smile or something (Siege TC's unfolded-paper-clip-dragged-across-the-face doesn't count), and lack of a waist swivel really feels like a WTF at this point
But lots of in-hand pics coming back are making him look good, and the jet is to die for (hopefully grey plastic is OK; looks it so far, we'll see in person)
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:38 AM   #9
joelones
Beast Machine

I know it's not the place here but I'm genuinely underwhelmed by Earthrise. Don't get me wrong, I think the engineering is much improved and designs are nice. But despite the price hikes, the toys still exhibit the same cheap feeling plastic and hollowness we're accustomed to seeing with most mainline TFs.

For example, look at Optimus, voyager scale at leader price...The cab is nice, in terms of engineering, arguably one of the best renditions of a mainline OP but the plastic is utterly terrible feeling and the trailer's ridiculously under-scaled and under-painted (and not to mention no roller).

Price is undoubtedly the biggest problem I have with these, and unfortunately that's the new norm going forward. OP is close to $80 after taxes and with lack of sales and shody distribution, we're essentially now forced to buy at regular price. I'm not sure how many of you justify that price and are Ok with dropping $80 on a mainline voyager figure. G1 nostalgia at insane price points I guess.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:28 AM   #10
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
I know it's not the place here but I'm genuinely underwhelmed by Earthrise. Don't get me wrong, I think the engineering is much improved and designs are nice. But despite the price hikes, the toys still exhibit the same cheap feeling plastic and hollowness we're accustomed to seeing with most mainline TFs.

For example, look at Optimus, voyager scale at leader price...The cab is nice, in terms of engineering, arguably one of the best renditions of a mainline OP but the plastic is utterly terrible feeling and the trailer's ridiculously under-scaled and under-painted (and not to mention no roller).

Price is undoubtedly the biggest problem I have with these, and unfortunately that's the new norm going forward. OP is close to $80 after taxes and with lack of sales and shody distribution, we're essentially now forced to buy at regular price. I'm not sure how many of you justify that price and are Ok with dropping $80 on a mainline voyager figure. G1 nostalgia at insane price points I guess.
I agree 100%
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote