Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #41
protoform_ironhide
Commander
Re: Movie line just ain't doing it for me

Why does many people think Bludgeon belong to the classics? I am very disappointed with the figure. I got it because everyone says it is classic looking, which I totally think it doesn't fit at all on my classic shelf.

Movie line doesn't do much for me either since movie 2007. I thought I have learned smart when ROTF came out, and just to collect the ones appeared in the movie. Comes to think of it, I don't even think movie figures worth a spot on my shelf. Now I even regret more that I spent my money on both the movie 2007/ROTF and left them at MISB for nothing(especially that Costco Ultimate Bumblebee which takes up lots of space)....
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #42
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frans_Tormer View Post
Thanks for the welcome.
I guess what I am asking here is whether the movie toy lines have sacrificed the "fun factor" for articulation and "realism" with (some cases) eye-watering price-tags. I fear Transformers is losing to Bakugan simply because it has forgotten the fun elements that made them so great to begin with.
this is pretty much it, the movie toys don't have the "fun factor" that g1 or even animated (or to a lesser extent classics) have, the quickness of transforming the figures in g1 was what helped win me over as a kid

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #43
Fortress
Decepticon

I totally agree,playability has gone out the window.How much fun would it have been if you had to put your battle on hold for half an hour every time you wanted to Transform the character you were playing with?
Just because they CAN make the designs overtly complex does mot mean they should. And it still blows my mind that some designs are so thought out and detailed but the figure STILL can't stand up on its own.
Fortress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:14 PM   #44
Frans_Tormer
Big Game Hunter

Nice to know I am not alone in my thinking. Even the supposedly easy-to-transform Fast Action Battlers are complete rubbish. Does anyone own F.A.B Grapple Mudflap? He is actually impossible to transform him without his leg coming off! No wonder he comes as a robot in the package (at least in Europe anyway).

Any don't even get me started on Universe Galvatron.

I have done a lot of slagging of the movie toys but there is one that is heads and shoulders above its' G1 counterpart...Legends Devastator.

While the individual robots may not be specatacular, the ease of transformation, lack of kibble, and fact he can stand on his own without falling to pieces (like the G1 version did) is a step in the right direction.

How about giving Menasor, Superion, Bruticus the Legends treatment? Would go a long way to bringing in new fans and making the old timers happy.
Frans_Tormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #45
Botwonder
Generation 1

yeah me too, i felt movie wasn't that great but gotta love the Bludgeon toy.
Botwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #46
hschell0002
Generation 1

I dislike the movie lines, but I do appreciate the influence of the movie and the movie lines (except they narrowed the Animated line for the ROTF lines). Thank for the movies, more figures are being produced. I love my Bludgeon, Skystalker and Mindwipe very much and looking forward to get Brawn.
One thing I always can't understand is the faces of the movie toys. I can't feel any strands of beauty from most of them...and dear Mr. Don Figueroa started using the movie style face made me almost stop buying the new comics.
Just can't wait for the Generations like everyone else here.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:52 PM   #47
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I hope that bayverse faces don't carry on to the new lines...and I hope Don doesn't design the figures, lol.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:38 PM   #48
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Now we are complaining about the complexity of the Transformers? Wow.

Note to Hasbro:

The FANS have spoken. Please make all new toys that remind us of the ones that we use to like when we were kids. Please make ALL new molds and never re-paint a single one. (Unless it is to make the seekers and Blue streak and Grapple etc, etc.) Also, please make sure that you make these toys accurate, pose-able and would it kill you to add some chrome???

Lastly please make sure these toys are available when we want them. If you could some how ensure that every time that we walk in to a Toys r Us there would be the next newest transformer on the shelve; it would just make things so much easier. Oh, and make sure that they don't cost too much either, we are on a budget here. Got all that, great!

Signed, The real reason that you make toys,

-The Fandom.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #49
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

TJ: i love figures like the mps and alts, but from a kid's point of view, rotf leader prime is hard, and no longer a transformer, it's just another action figure because most cannot get everything to line up properly to get it into truck mode

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #50
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I think we need to start equating transformers to model kits, that is why there is transformation scale. You have young kids and they want an Optimus? Try a FAB or a legend. Leave the leader class for the kids (and adults) that can handle them. Nobody is forced to buy a leader class toy.

Could you even imagine the backlash if Hasbro stopped make toys like leader class Optimus? It would be like Armada all over again, be careful what you wish for people.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote