Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus
Thumbs down TFCC Problems

Well, it would seem that the news isn't going to end well for getting my Sideburn figure.

I've been emailing with their support for the last week.

To recap, I moved back in early spring. And went onto the website in April to update my account information to my new address. I ended up emailing them about it, since there was no place for me to put my province. Just states. They told me it would be fine to just list it next to my city on the form on the web site, which I did. Case Closed.

Fast forward from April to August and the club figures are mailed out. And I don't get mine. I get a call from the elderly people living at my old address, telling me they had a small box and some other mail. But already had it returned to the post office (Why they called after the fact was anyones guess) I contacted the post office immediately and they told me too bad, nothing they could do. All mail returned to sender is apparently sent out immediately (Seems awful fast to me but..)

So, I email the club on Sept 1st to ask about the figure. And they tell me that my stuff has been returned to them 'No longer at address' thanks for my email. Pretty short and curt reply I thought. No form letter sympathy to look into it or anything at all.

So as the emails go I mention that I was in contact with them in April about my address change, and they request that email for review.

I send it too them, and today I get an email back that tells me that it doesn't contain anything about an address change..

The part of the message where I had said I was updating my information and had a question about it apparently doesn't constitute proof that I was updating my account information ?!? I almost think I'm being called a liar of some sort..

So I emailed back again, the reason for that email in the spring and I did the change. But there seems to be no proof ?? And If that email doesn't show I was updating my info, I don't know what else to say.

And for good measure I emailed the person who responded back in April as well. But I doubt they would remember anything from 5 months ago that was only one message.

So, boiled down the club doesn't seem to care. And hasn't even expressed any shred of sympathy that there could have been any problems. It seems they are blaming it all on me or being frustratingly neutral at best.

I at least expected some type of 'Faux' sympathy that I had a problem and they would look into it. Whether they really would or not. I haven't even been offered any choices on what I can do yet. I expected them to offer to re-ship it too me at my own expense. But that hasn't happened yet.

The only solid piece of info I have is when they quoted my address back to me, and it was my original address like they have no record of my change.

I expect my next email or maybe two to be the last, there isn't much else I can say to them if they don't want to hear it, but offer or accept paying out of my own pocket to ship it back. Assuming they even admit to having any left.

No matter how this turns out I can't see joining the club ever again ( I know now, there is little point being Canadian if I don't go to Botcon) but I am very disappointed in the tone of their treatment when someone contacts them with a problem. I feel like it's all been blamed on me from the start.

And I would not recommend joining them to anyone if this is how they deal with customer problems

Anyway, we'll see how this ends. It's just really souring me on things right now.

This little rant helps get it all out.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
Nullray
IGC
Re: TFCC Problems

I am sorry to hear that. I found that their manners are a bit abrupt as well. I am not sure if it is an international thing but I got an email offering me a Stunticon bag set and their response was a rude we don't believe you bought a set and you have no proof. Well they emailed me and I show interest by directly replying to their solicit and they snuff me. I re-emailed them back and a few days later I get a sold out message after I even supplied my original invoice #. I am not sure about the renewal for 2012 either. Hope you get your SideBurn.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

That sucks man. Hopefully things work out for you. One thing you should try, if you haven't already, is clearly state what you want them to do. I'm going to regurgitate something I "learned" in a business writing course in university. A lot of times the person on the recieving end of a complaint/problem, doesn't know how they should act, or know how the person with the issue wants them to react. A lot of times they're afraid to get in trouble so they don't admit to anything, and don't act or offer any solutions, hoping you'll just go away or things will resolve themselves, which they don't. So maybe in the next bit of corrispondence try clearly stating, without assigning blame, that you just want them to resend you the figure, because right now from the way things are described, the issue that's on the front burner is who's to blame in messing up the address rather than how you can get your Sideburn. Focus the conversation on getting the Sideburn sent to you with no charge. Who cares who messed up with the address because no one is going to admit blame on that.

Just simply state the sideburn was sent to the wrong address and was sent back to the return address. Then ask if they could resend it to your current address. Be polite and kiss some butt in the tone of the message. It can help alot because I'm sure these people deal with a lot of crap and a friendly tone can put them into an agreeable mood instead of shields up red alert.

Maybe this will help. Good luck.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 09-06-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

contact brian savage directly.

yeah, douche bag city from some of their staff there.
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #5
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

That's a great suggestion SunswipePrime. I've been kind of waiting to see what choices I would have. I didn't want to make any suggestions, in case I would inadvertently exclude myself from something. But what you said makes a lot of sense.

I figured I'm down to my last one or two emails, since there isn't much more to be said. I was likely to throw that out in my next email, seeing as how they don't seem like they will admit to the error and offer to re-send. I will have to suggest it myself. And hopefully, not get saddled with the cost.

Because with their shipping charges being what they are, I wouldn't want to pay it. But Sideburn looks like a nice piece, and I would love to have him. And then I can wash my hands of the club. Not too mention I already spent the money to 'buy' him as it were. I may just be out the 'free' shipping on him.

We'll see how it goes. They only seem to answer email between 2pm and 4pm Atlantic time. I've never been able to get more than one response and answer back per day.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuffyprime View Post
contact brian savage directly.

yeah, douche bag city from some of their staff there.
Who would he be?? And is his contact info on the web site?? I could include him in the loop and see if he can help.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #7
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
... in the next bit of corrispondence try clearly stating, without assigning blame, that you just want them to resend you the figure...
Excellent, excellent advice.

After many years of dealing with other peoples' problems I agree with this entirely. People often only hear what they want to hear (or are afraid they will hear).

Clearly, and politely, stating what you want to happen is the most likely way to get your issues resolved to your satisfaction. No blame, no frustration in your voice. This is your best bet.

However, I'm sorry to say that I hold out only small hope in your case, hope, but only some.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #8
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Apparently they really don't want any buisness from people outside of the states, especially if they haven't bothered with ensuring that the forms for address changes include anything outside of the 50 United States. (Or however many there are.)

With the costs for international shipping and junk even for something as close as Canada is it any wonder more and more international fans are pulling out from this 'so called' Collector's Club?

I strongly believe Hasbro themselves should be dealing with such things, in point of fact, I personally feel that all these Exclusives offered for free with membership should just be Mail-Away figures distributed through Hasbro, akin to the old Mail-Away's and such from the 80's. A lot more fans could then get their hands on a piece since they would probably make greater numbers of the figures and we wouldn't have as many QC issue hassles if a figure was misassembled or the like. (Hopefully)

When a Fan Club exclude smore than 50% of the Earth's population by high prices and curt to the point of snobbish elitism rudeness or at least perceived as such, then it really isn't a 'Fan Club' in the strictest sense of the word. More like a 'US Only Club and the rest of you can go frak yourselves Club'.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #9
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Ok, well I decided to go ahead and send another email as suggested. A nice short message suggesting that rather than figuring out what went wrong. Can we just re-send the figure and make sure the address is correct so I can get the rest of the magazines as well.

We'll see how that goes. This one email every 24 hrs thing over the last week has just been drawing this out.

I hadn't realized until you all suggested it, that they might seem to be trying to fix the blame rather than the problem. Reminds of 'Rising Sun' now that I think about it.

So hopefully I should have an end to this by tomorrow. They'll either say yes or no, or yes if I pay for it, let's hope they don't go with that last one =)

Old 09-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #10
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Well, sending out some good vibes in your direction.