Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Lightbulb Fanwank theory 96: Beast Wars & TF Prime are in the same continuity

So you know how Beast Wars (or Beasties hah) was loosely booked as a sequel of sorts to G1? Well, what if TF Prime is the modern adaptation of G1 after the events of the Beast Wars?

What sort of alterations do you think it's be cool to explore (things that happened on Earth, etc), where could you imagine them escalating, and how would you tie as much of this shit together as possible, such as what they found back on Cybertron?

Personally, I'm still running on a theory of sorts that Tarantulas had something to do with the Insecticon army's presence, that Raf's affinity to the Transformers possibly has something to do with the early primitives that Megatron tried to scrap over, and of course that in some twisted & timefucked way, the Beast era Megatron played a role in inspiring the G1 Megatron to put things into motion that were later (or earlier, depending on how you think) used by the Beast Megatron.

Also, a very large part of me would like to think that in this reality, the Dinobots won't simply be dummies made by Wheeljack & Ratchet, but rather that they're in the state that they're in because of an equivalent of brain damage caused by their time in the war, and that their dinosaur alt modes were taken as a tribute to the original Dinobot who left a great mark in Cybertronian history. I'd argue that this is not only more realistic, but that could also tie a bunch of things together without without simply saying that the Pretenders did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Commandoclone87
Seeker
Re: Fanwank theory 96: Beast Wars & TF Prime are in the same continuity

Interesting theory. The only issue I take with it is that some of it is based on the present timeline Cybertronians being aware of the Maximals and Predacons. The issue is that none of the Autobots or Decepticons had any contact with their decendants aside from Primal and Megatron tampering with their namesakes sparks in which Prime and Megatron were in stasis and unaware of this interaction, otherwise the timeline would have been more screwed up.

One other point is the Prime from TF:P has a friendly relationship with Megatronous prior to the outbreak of the war, where G1 Orion Pax was scrapped in his only encounter with the Decepticon commander.

There is also no mention of TF:P Optimus having spent 4 million years in stasis.

Lastly, when we see Megatron, Starscream, Optimus and others during their Beast Wars cameos, they are wearing their G1 chassis.

That said, it would be really interesting to see if the Beast Wars did create minor alterations to their own timeline and how they would experience that (aside from BW Megatron getting back to Cybertron before them and having enough time to modify and manufacture a virus, take over Cybertron, defeat it's millions of inhabitants and extract every single Cybertronian's spark.)
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant

Yeah, I know there'd be a good amount of hurdles, but I like to ponder about these things now & then, and I especially think the Dinobot thing would be right up TF Prime's alley.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
Protoman
The Legend

The first big problem is a concept Beast Wars 2nd coined. In modern day Cybertron (For Beast Wars), Earth is now Gaia... with no more humans (Which is a long story to explain within itself, but it involves the Vok)
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I always thought BW changed the Sunbow reality into the Marvel reality, or vice-versa.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

No. I can't see Prime tieing into BW. Though there are links there, I can't see them connecting in any way that one could be related to the other. I can see WFC, and theoretically FOC, tieing into Prime or G1 respectively. And G1 is part of the BW continuity. But I can't see Prime and BW connecting, as much as I'd love to see them try.

Although here's a theory for you. The G1 universe that BW is based off of is said to be a mix of the comics and cartoon continuities. What if the tampering with the timestream in BW damaged/polluted their timeline in such a way that it splintered and split the BW G1 timeline into 2 parallel timelines? Thus retroactively creating the G1 cartoon and the G1 comics.

Now to take it a step further, let's say the original BW G1 universe, prior the Maximals and Predacons going back to prehistoric Earth and changing the timeline, is the prime universe(prime as in first and original universe, not as in Prime the cartoon's universe). So in the beginning there was only 1 Transformers universe, but when that timeline split, it caused a chain reaction. Creating new alternate timelines, each exponentially more different from the last. Starting with the DW and IDW universe, and eventually leading to RiD, Armada, Animated, movie, Prime, TransTech, Shattered Glass, etc.

Now as a side theory, take Unicron. We know he basically wants to systematically destroy every universe in existence until nothing is left. But what if Unicron is just trying to return everything back to the way it originally was, with just 1 universe, the prime universe, the BW G1 universe prior to the split. In the episode Possession, we see Ghost Starscream as a disembodied spark who mentions a battle with Unicron. Though the events of his demise he lies about, nonetheless, there was a battle with Unicron in that universe. We assume he's talking about the 86 movie, but what if this was Unicron not just trying to destroy Cybertron/Primus, but also him trying to stop the original ancestors of the Maximals and Predacons before their descendants are even created and cause the timeline split. This would also explain Tarantulas and him being a "Unicron spawn". If he was a creation of Unicron, his true mission in BW might of been as a backup plan by Unicron to prevent the timeline from splitting or at least try to fix it if he's unable to do that.

While I do enjoy thinking about BW and time travel and alternate timelines, I still don't think there's anyway to directly connect BW and Prime. Although it would be cool if something like that happened in Prime. Like maybe a fast forward episode. Maybe they find a relic that happens to be a time travel device and they go into the future and meet the Prime versions of the Maximals and Predacons. They could even use said relic in a later episode to explain how the Autobots got to Earth, how they met Fowler, and how they ended up living in their top secret government base. For example, something terrible happens to the Autobots, like they're all killed, and as a last ditch effort to try and save them, the kids go back and time, where they find all this out.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant

Muahahaha! I'm gonna enjoy reading more into that.

Also, what about simple including beast history in their history? I don't just mean Bantor jokes (although I think it'd be hilarious if he was one of the people who were found out about oppose to just Inferno & Quickstrike), but its presence being noted as part of their earth related history, just like anything else. Things could be different, but the main idea of the current troop not being the 1st Cybertronians to walk the Earth could be a united theme, and they'd pretty much go from there.

Quote:
Old 07-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #8
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Took part in an online rpg a long while ago where the we weren't really to know about the villain's motives. Turned out we were in a time loop created by him, where he was trying to prevent the split of a timeline into multiple realities, but failing over and over again, in escalatingly violent and drastic ways. We finally broke from the loop, but the villain went back for another go in order to escape. He wasn't evil exactly, just believed that what he was doing was absolutely necessary, and was getting more desperate all the time.

Turns out that timelines splitting off from each other was a natural occurrence in that game, and preventing it could have caused all realities to collapse in on themselves.

As for Unicron, I never saw him as originating as a multiverse being. More like the Borg, where different Unicrons across the multiverse just decided to network into a hive mind after they found each other. That still means he could be trying to merge the multiverse into a single reality (and is somewhat successful, as seen in the Universe setting) instead of merely being a nihilistic anarchist glutton. His motive could range anywhere from ruling all as a hive mind, to making ginormous softball team out of the other Unicrons. I still think he hates Cybertron/Primus though, for whatever reason.

As for BW being in the original reality, we can look at Gaia as a reference point: devoid of Humans in the future of BW2/BW Neo. It is possible that the actions of the Axalon, the Vok, and the Darksyde crews (and specifically Waspinator) eventually lead to the demise of Humans on Earth, causing a paradox where the Golden Disk was never created or launched, meaning Megatron (Decepticon) never wrote the message and Megatron (Predacon) never stole it or headed to ancient Earth in the first place.

The results probably would have shredded reality, desperately trying to fix itself right from the start so that at some point there would be Human beings to create and launch the Golden Disk. A multiverse would minimize the effects of a paradox.

Edit:

If that's all somewhat true, it means that the Golden Disk is the single most important artifact in Transformers history, even above the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. Glad I got mine from Unicron.com

Last edited by Shepp; 07-04-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
LBD "Nytetrayn"
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Also, a very large part of me would like to think that in this reality, the Dinobots won't simply be dummies made by Wheeljack & Ratchet, but rather that they're in the state that they're in because of an equivalent of brain damage caused by their time in the war, and that their dinosaur alt modes were taken as a tribute to the original Dinobot who left a great mark in Cybertronian history. I'd argue that this is not only more realistic, but that could also tie a bunch of things together without without simply saying that the Pretenders did it.
Doesn't Fall of Cybertron take care of it in almost that exact way, save for the Dinobot influence (which did come from Shockwave observing Earth, regardless)?
LBD "Nytetrayn" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beast wars, dinobot, megatron, tf prime, theory