Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 07-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #41
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: HasbroToyShop.com Finally Ships to Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
How do taxes work on your side for ordering stuff online? Since sales tax differs from state to state, a lot of the time people are supposed to pay sales tax for online items when they file their yearly income tax forms (HA!). Do Canadians have to pay it upfront?
They charge us up front, and sales tax varies by province.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangard Ace View Post
How are you guys even getting shipping quotes? All I get when I try to create an account is that they only ship to the 50 States.
I added items to my cart first, then went through and created an account, no problem. Their shipping policy explicitly states they ship to Canada: http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ShippingPolicy.htm

Maybe the item you want is a US only one? What were you trying to buy?

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #42
lars573
Energon

Quote:
Pepsi Jazz comes and goes from inventory. (GMFan, I've been told that if I bring Wild Cherry Pepsi up for you and SoundwaveCA at Polaris that you HAVE to share.)

How do taxes work on your side for ordering stuff online? Since sales tax differs from state to state, a lot of the time people are supposed to pay sales tax for online items when they file their yearly income tax forms (HA!). Do Canadians have to pay it upfront?
We pay up front. And there are 2 VAT's on comsumer goods. 5% from the federal government (GST), applies across the country, Canadian online stores always charge it to orders in the country. And another from the province that varies (PST). Which online stores charge people ordering from the province they are located in. Some provinces, like mine, combine the two into one charge (HST). However if we order international, sales taxes are some what optional. If they customs label is done right there is no charge. However if it's declared all properly like, there is chance that sales taxes (see above) and a $5 fee will be levied when we go to pick up the package from the post office. Or it comes to the door. But really it depends if Canada post takes a notion to do it or not.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #43
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post

I added items to my cart first, then went through and created an account, no problem. Their shipping policy explicitly states they ship to Canada: http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ShippingPolicy.htm

Maybe the item you want is a US only one? What were you trying to buy?
That's what I did as well. I tried to find out about ROTF Scalpel, Ravage and Stratosphere.

Nevermind. It went through now. $32.97shipping+$10tax

Last edited by Dangard Ace; 07-07-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #44
Sam's Happy Time
Generation 1

Those shipping charges are insane!

I expected high shipping prices to probably offset the lower american prices and ajustments for currency exchanges- but this???

I'm not feeling the love, Hasbro.
Sam's Happy Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #45
SMOG
zombicon

Everybody's talking about the shipping and taxes... but we STILL don't know if we're going to get smashed with some kind of bullshit customs charge or brokerage fee when the box arrives. Remember those bigger orders could mean bigger border fees collected by Canada Post, or worse UPS... the one service you should NEVER, EVER use for cross-border shipments.

The way I see it, they totally screwed this up. The logical approach would be to open a distribution center IN CANADA, to avoid the cross-border issues. That way things could just be shipped out from within the country. Heck, Hasbro's got a warehouse just across the river from Montreal! Why not make that the distribution location? Bleah.

Not that this is surprising. Everybody was like "yaaay... HTS will ship to Canada!", but all that meant to me is prohibitive shipping and lousy service... and we already have that with TRU.ca's website. :P

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #46
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Expensive shipping or not, at least some of the stuff can be bought now... like the Universe Special Edition Deluxes.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #47
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
GMFan, I've been told that if I bring Wild Cherry Pepsi up for you and SoundwaveCA at Polaris that you HAVE to share.
Who told you such lies and poppycock?.....I DON'T WANNA SHARE WITH HIM!!!!

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #48
Magnimus
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
Everybody's talking about the shipping and taxes... but we STILL don't know if we're going to get smashed with some kind of bullshit customs charge or brokerage fee when the box arrives.
Good point, SMOG. I didn't even think of that.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #49
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

fedex charged me 50% of the prrices of my items for cross border shipping, if UPS is worse wtf?

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:33 PM   #50
ChrisW
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
fedex charged me 50% of the prrices of my items for cross border shipping, if UPS is worse wtf?
UPS is worse.

I ordered $77 in dinosaur figures from a place in the US and not only was I charged $20 for shipping (without any indication that the store I bought from uses UPS) but I was also charged $51 in extra fees by UPS. Avoid them at all costs!

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hasbro, hasbrotoyshop.com, shipping