Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

View Poll Results: What X-box console should I get?
X-box 360 Arcade 0 0%
X-box 360 (I think this is an option) 2 100.00%
X-box 360 Elite 0 0%
Other console 0 0%
Save your money for later 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
tusko
Classic
Help me make an informed choice

I'm not much of a video game player but I want to play the new Batman, Transformers and Fables II games.

So I'm thinking of getting an X-box 360. I have a bunch of old Xbox games which granted I don't play all that often anymore but I'd like to maintain their function.

What should I get:
X-box 360 arcade?
X-box 360 elite?
I see there is just and "X-box 360" which is an intermediate version?
Other console
Save my money and find friend to mooch off off.

What are your thoughts?
tusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions
Re: Help me make an informed choice

I'd go with the "regular" 360 if your not a big gamer, like me. You'll find yourself needing the HDD to save pretty much anything, so I would skip the arcade. I think the elite will just be overkill for casual gamers. I have the regular version and its more than enough for me. My 2 cents!!

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
onecoin
Banned

If you're gonna go Xbox. Get either an Elite or a Pro. You need an hard drive to play the games you wanna play.

There was just a price drop of $100. Making the Elite $299. And the Pro's are being discontinued. So you can get Elite at a good price now, or you might find a Pro at a liquidation price. Keep in mind the Elite no longer comes with HD cables.

If you wanna go PS3. Well you can't play Fable. Batman looks better on PS3 and has the Joker exclusive.

The PS3 120 is the best deal on the market right now. Its got the 120GB HD, plus Drakes Fortune, Killzone and some places offer the remote for free too. Not to mention its also a BluRay Player all for $399.

There is the PS3 Slim 120. Which has a lot of cool factor. Its got a 120GB HD, and nothing else. Basically on par with the Xbox Elite. It is impossible to find right now because its still in the market test phase, where they limit numbers to sort out any technical issues to prevent massive recalls or warranty claims. I haven't heard anything major though.

Other than that
- PS3 is better hardwarewise.
- XBox has better muliplayer support, but you gotta pay for it. PS3 is servicable, and free.
- XBox has a better online arcade. PS3 Arcade options are pretty limited, unless you like old psone games.
- Cross platformwise. What games look better on which system depends solely on how it was developed. Since most games are developed for Xbox/PC and ported to PS3, most look better on Xbox.
- Xbox failure rate is 55%. PS3 is 12%. But its much lower on the new Xbox hardware.

Eventually, I think the Slim will be the Best buy of the batch, but only after all the first wave is done. I like the PS3 120 pack with the two games, especially now that MGS4 is a greatest hits title. If you wanna play Xbox exlusive games, a discounted Pro will undoubtedly be a good deal, but I say look for an Elite with the new Hardware, only to avoid the red ring of death.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
tusko
Classic

Thanks UM.
Oddly enough I never see this regular version in stores. I always see the arcade or the elite version so its a bit elusive. It must be good!
Cheers!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
tusko
Classic

Thanks one coin!
From your post Elite is worth the extra coin - that's my understanding.