Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #21
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: A tale of an aging TF fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
i try to keep minicons,battlebeasts,robotheroes,scf's,etc in seperate clear tupperware containers.the hardest part for me is remembering which 3 minicons go with what team and which are "armada","energon",japanese booster packs or classics?arrrrrgh!!!
To avoid my "senior moments", I've taken to the baggie with label system. All the minicons are sealed to maintain their freshness, and organize them into teams/series/etc. Also, I'm planning on putting the collection on a diet to trim some of the fat, so it helps to keep them somewhat organized.

I find I'm always misplacing accessories to my bots on display. I've found Energon Shockblast's missle multiple time in multiple locations, and I never know how it gets there.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #22
-KG-
Kranix

I recently opened up all my 3" Tit figures that I had dug out from the bottom of a box. But for the life of me I have no idea where my Galvatron and Rodimus are and no idea where to look or where they'd be. Maybe they destroyed each other?

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #23
tusko
Classic

There are no "off topic" posts in the "aging TF fan" tread.
We're just happy to have topics.

I am now relegated to saying in the years I've been a fan and collector (technically since '83) I've so far only lost ravage's missile.

All the minicons are now on Unicron, I have 23 in total almost maxing out the ring around him. That makes me happy. No.. wait, I need a new diaper.
tusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #24
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Grammarly correct.

...but completely void of Transformer Morals!!!
Actually, no it isn't. Rodimus is a latin root, and the "ii" pluralization suffix only applies to greek roots.

But hey, sounded pretty cool.

A good way I've found to keep my tf stuff arranged (assuming you have the space) is to come up with a system where everything has its place, and you just need to remember the system, be it alphabetization, chronological arrangement, size, country of origin or whatever. Then as long as you put things where they belong, you'll know where to find them. Of course, that assumes you put things where they belong.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #25
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Over the years, I've lost my fair share of missiles. Oh, and Transmetal Cheetor's hand.

I need to remember where I put this one accessory I used for YEARS with some transformers though - for ages I used my Transmetal Airazor as a villain and forced a rubber ninja helmet from a Robin toy onto her head. Plus gave her a cloak.

I think the personal backstory involved Stockholm's syndrome with Megatron.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:32 PM   #26
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Even though I don't consider myself to be that old I have had my fair share of senior moments.

Back in the day I had Razorbeast Loose Complete. Some how during those carefree days of my teenage years Razorbeast lost his weapon and for the life of me I can not remember how the hell that happened. Not sure if that counts.

After years of being in storage in Rubbermaid Bins, once I rotated my Aramada back on display and discovered a piece of plastic I foolishly believed had snapped off of Starscream. After an hour of trying to figure out where it came from with no luck I finally foolishly assumed it was some piece of junk my dad brought home one day that I'd stashed in the bin. So I THREW IT OUT! A few hours later if I'm not mistaken I finally took a look at the rest of the Autobots/Decepticons and noticed Airazor had somehow lost her tail while she was in the damn bucket. (Unlike BW TM Airazor the Armada Repaint apparently didn't have a pin included in the tail assembly area on the main body.) I was royally pissed that I threw out something from a Transformers bucket without thinking things through more thouroughly, especially since it had never happened before. It still urks me that the best redeco of that mold is incomplete due to my own stupidity. I'm still hoping to find a junker with an intact tail I can use to replace the one I tossed out due to stubborn insistance that the piece HAD to either be from Starscream or some bin of busted up toys at the grade school dad works at.

I never have problems of misplacing figures though. I store everything in rubbermaid bins and rotate the display by series so I never forget which figure came from which bin. It helps when the bins are all different colors. Although at the moment I'm still not sure which of the main bins has my Playschool Go-Bots who I want to bring back on display for a few weeks.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #27
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
I think the personal backstory involved Stockholm's syndrome with Megatron.
ROFLMAO!

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #28
Autovolt 127
Animated

armada chettor is the only tf i had and lost......
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #29
Black Cat
Animated

I've lost maybe one or two weapons (but then again, most kids do), but other than that, I'm too anal to even entertain the idea of losing any TF or accessory.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #30
S.A.A.M.
Beast Machine

Rather than not finding toys I know I have, my problem is discovering toys I have no recollection buying!

The other weekend I opened up a box in storage and discovered a few MOSC Spider-man toys! I figured I bought them around the time the first Spidey flick came out.

They suck.
S.A.A.M. is offline   Reply With Quote