Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2017, 02:07 PM   #2731
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2
ConvoyGTR's Avatar
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,596
Re: Post your hauls

Got some stuff this week:

Toys2.net:
- Hot Toys Batman Arkham Knight: Batman

HLJ:
- Figma Rem and Ram from Re:Zero
- HG 1/144 Gundam Gusion Rebake Full City (I love his name so much)
- x2 HG 1/144 Mobile Suit Option Set 9

Gearbest:
- some cheap arcade stick

I came across this thing when I was on the site during their 11/11 sale. Got it for the SNES Classic becuz I ended up adding some NEO GEO and CPS2 games to it. Such a huge pain.

Thought it would be easy to get a USB to Wii nunchuck adapter since there are so many options out there. It was not. Found the only adapter that exists that some Japanese company made. Was not super cheap.

The arcade stick works with the PC. The adapter works with a PS3/4 controller on the SNES Classic. However, the stick doesn't work on the SNES.

Meh. Whatever it was a impulse buy anyways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171227_152047.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	38512   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171229_120523.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	38513   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171229_120713.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	38514   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171229_120759.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	38515  
__________________
ConvoyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #2732
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!
FreedomGundam's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,833
Re: Post your hauls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
Gearbest:
- some cheap arcade stick

I came across this thing when I was on the site during their 11/11 sale. Got it for the SNES Classic becuz I ended up adding some NEO GEO and CPS2 games to it. Such a huge pain.

Thought it would be easy to get a USB to Wii nunchuck adapter since there are so many options out there. It was not. Found the only adapter that exists that some Japanese company made. Was not super cheap.

The arcade stick works with the PC. The adapter works with a PS3/4 controller on the SNES Classic. However, the stick doesn't work on the SNES.

Meh. Whatever it was a impulse buy anyways.
How much did you pay for it?
I picked up an Intec-branded white version of that stick/casing at Futureshop a few years ago for $10.
Horrible stock parts, and the balance of the casing is way off (there's no hand/wrist support on the stick-side).
Best way to get a good stick working on the SNES Classic is by hacking together a Wii Classic Controller PCB for it.
__________________

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Combiner Wars Deluxe Prowl
- G1 Icepick small gun
FreedomGundam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:33 PM   #2733
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2
ConvoyGTR's Avatar
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,596
Re: Post your hauls

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
How much did you pay for it?
I picked up an Intec-branded white version of that stick/casing at Futureshop a few years ago for $10.
Horrible stock parts, and the balance of the casing is way off (there's no hand/wrist support on the stick-side).
Best way to get a good stick working on the SNES Classic is by hacking together a Wii Classic Controller PCB for it.
Like $30. Ya, it's not great. Barely good.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussi...n-arcade-stick

The impression I got from this thread is to take apart a KO SNES controller (or a Wii Classic controller, but involved inverting diodes) and figure out what wire corresponds to what button. And solder that to the arcade stick? Or do I need the PCB from the controller as well?
__________________
ConvoyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:46 PM   #2734
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!
FreedomGundam's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,833
Re: Post your hauls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
Like $30. Ya, it's not great. Barely good.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussi...n-arcade-stick

The impression I got from this thread is to take apart a KO SNES controller (or a Wii Classic controller, but involved inverting diodes) and figure out what wire corresponds to what button. And solder that to the arcade stick? Or do I need the PCB from the controller as well?
No, if you're just looking at using it for SNES Classic, a Wii Classic Controller or KO SNES Controller for Wii will be sufficient.
And then just wire them up to arcade button, preferably with quick-disconnects.

It's kinda funnily coincidental that the thread on the Shoryuken forums that you link at is one that I've posted in as well. :P
__________________

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Combiner Wars Deluxe Prowl
- G1 Icepick small gun
FreedomGundam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:50 PM   #2735
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2
ConvoyGTR's Avatar
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,596
Re: Post your hauls

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
It's kinda funnily coincidental that the thread on the Shoryuken forums that you link at is one that I've posted in as well. :P
Yeah lol.
__________________
ConvoyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:04 PM   #2736
Dragon Knight
Geass'd
Dragon Knight's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,383
Re: Post your hauls

Kicking off the new year with a pretty big purchase I made during Boxing Day:



I got my first DSLR camera!
__________________
PSN: Yuusha0
My feedback thread
Dragon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:46 PM   #2737
Xtreme987
Canadian Slag
Xtreme987's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tilbury, Ontario
Posts: 3,808
Re: Post your hauls

Picked up this 3.75" Force Link R2-D2 the other day @ Walmart.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sw_fl_r2d2.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	38561  
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #2738
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2
ConvoyGTR's Avatar
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,596
Re: Post your hauls

Always wanted to play Super Robot Wars, but it was never in english except for that OG one. To my surprised to find out Super Robot Wars V did get translated, I bought it in a heartbeat and it arrived late this week.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180102_152504.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	38601  
__________________
ConvoyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:30 PM   #2739
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2
ConvoyGTR's Avatar
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,596
Re: Post your hauls

- Nendoroid Ice Kirby
- Nendoroid Cocoa
- Nendoroid Face Part Pikachu
- Two (Zaku and Dom) Gundam polo shirts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180112_144616.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	38647   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180112_144801.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	38648  
__________________
ConvoyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:24 PM   #2740
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!
FreedomGundam's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,833
Re: Post your hauls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
Always wanted to play Super Robot Wars, but it was never in english except for that OG one.
Super Robot Taisen games are awesome. I believe I own all of the releases, on varying platforms, between 2001 and 2012. Then I kinda got sidetracked, and I'm behind again. :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
- Nendoroid Ice Kirby
Still waiting for mine to arrive via a friend who ordered it from Amiami. Never thought I'd have a high-end Kirby figure collection.

---===---

My hauls from 2018 so far:

From January 9th:
-[X360 game] Persona 4 Arena Ultimax [MISP, from Amazon.ca]

Never actually planned to get this game, but I bought it as it was cheap ($20) for research purposes.
Mainly, P4AU is one of the crossovers in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, so I wanted to know ahead of time what the included P4AU characters were capable of.

From January 11th:
-8bitdo SN30 controller [MISB, from RetroStuff.ca]

My friend/colleague just opened up RetroStuff.ca as an online store for retro gaming gear/parts; go check it out!
Helped him out by buying a controller from him; needed it anyways for my SNES Classic Edition.

From today (January 17th):
-HGBF Winning Fumina [MISP, from HLJ]
-HGBF Amazing Strike Freedom [MISP, from HLJ]
-Figurise Bust 022 Hoshino Fumina Ending ver [MISP, from HLJ]
-MSG Overed Manipulator x2 [MISB, from HLJ]
-SIC Kamen Rider Drive Type Speed [MISB, from HLJ]
-Obitsu stand (smoke) x10 [MISP, from HLJ]
-Myth Cloth EX Surplice Gemini Saga [MISB, from Anime-Export]

Lots of goodies from HLJ from their recent sales!
And with Surplice Gemini in-hand, I'm 100% caught up on all the Myth Cloth EX that's already out that I wanted to have in my collection.
__________________

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Combiner Wars Deluxe Prowl
- G1 Icepick small gun
FreedomGundam is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Transformers Shopping








Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.

Transformers on eBay.ca!
Transformers
Botcon 2014 Scorponok Headmaster Convention exclusive 100% complete MoSB
Transformers
Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Box set new
Transformers
Transformers Hasbro Masterpiece Mp 07 TRU Starscream MISB
Transformers
Transformers G1 Crosshairs CANADIAN VARIANT Hasbro 1987 Mint in Sealed Box NEW
Transformers
Transformers G1 Kup CANADIAN VARIANT Hasbro 1987 Mint in Sealed Box NEW
Transformers
Transformers G1 Devastator Constructicon Walmart Exclusive
Transformers
Transformers G1 Grotusque CANADIAN VARIANT Hasbro 1987 Mint in Sealed Box NEW

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.