Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 12-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
Scaleface
Beast Machine
Junkion Blacksmith JB-04 Broad Caster review

Broad Caster arrived today in the mail. He cost $14.55 with shipping from ebay seller d0tm, which I consider a good price.
Unlike the previous wave of Headmasters this toy came with a trading card, but it was in Chinese, as well as an upgrade for Tactical Officer, a white shoulder gun. It also came with the normal Head link to allow JB Headmaster to become heads for each other.
The first thing that struck me about Broad Caster is that he's ORANGE. Even more so that his pictures hint, this guy looks like he's a Halloween special, not the traditional Blaster red or even Twincast blue. An odd choice. Here is a comparison with a junker G1 Blaster I had sitting around.

Transformation is the same as Tactical Officer, with the one change that instead of flipping the faceplate up there is a chromedome headpiece that slides down. Unlike Tactical Officer, this piece isn't falling off. He turns into a tiny near replica of G1 Blaster, well, except for being orange, missing his gun and handle, and his deck doesn't open obviously. Still, he's probably the most accurate to the original alt mode as all the Junkion Blacksmith headmasters.

Size wise he sits perfectly on the G1 toy, but there is no way to link him on, he just sits there.

He fits in most of the G1 Headmasters, with the exception of Fangry since that toy has the beast legs in the way on the back of the head. Stats displayed on '87 Headmasters are 8 6 8.

I currently have him placed on my spare Siren body, if I find a spare Chromedome, I might use it instead. His colors don't really fit with anything. If they made him Twincast Blue, then he would be a better fit for Siren or maybe Nightbeat.
Scaleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: Junkion Blacksmith JB-04 Broad Caster review

I wish they would create bodies for those cool Headmasters. Even generic spaceships would do (in order to have something in scale with their robot and alt modes). Maybe a repainted Brainstorm body would work.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Junkion Blacksmith JB-04 Broad Caster review

Hmm.... I have a few of these figures. I'm wondering how easy it would be to reproduce the connector pieces that come with them. Make a new one and attach a ball or socket to it, or a hinge, or a post, etc.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote