Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 11-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
Gaetznes
Cassetticon
Dragging the wife to the TFCon

Ok, so the (my) wife is not a TF fan. She likes to transform them, but thats about as much as she likes to do.

So I figure I`m not the only one that has a spouse or gf or what ever thats coming to this con. I figure that beyond her spending time at the resorts spa, roaming the con etc; there has to be something else she can be doing while i`m having fun with the rest of you guys and gals.

From the little research i`ve done, there are two malls realitivily close to the Con. One being the larger Erin Mills Mall, which is about 12 mins away. I`m just curious, is there any touristy stuff near or in mississauga, or do you have to go to Toronto for that. I already know what I can do in Toronto.

I`ve been told that the nearest Tims is like 5 mins by car. In telling my wife this, she asked me where the hell are you taking me, that tims is a minimum of 5 mins away (shaking her head at me back and forth lol). I think she is use to the idea that from where we live you can drive to 4 differnt tims in aprox 5min. Three of them you can walk to alll in a row, in less then a 15 mins.

Beyond that, I just don`t want her to be board out of her mind. Its a vacation for the two of us. I don`t want her to feel trapped in the hotel.

Does anyone have any suggestion beyond what i`ve already stated, that would be awsome.

Hopfully this will help more people then just me. Seeing as some people might not beable to come with out bring their siginificant others. That being that there Significant others just don`t want to be siting around doing nothing.

Last edited by Gaetznes; 11-16-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Gaetznes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: Dragging the wife to the TFCon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaetz View Post
Does anyone have any suggestion beyond what i`ve already stated, that would be awsome.
Leave her at home. She will appreciate it way more. Just bring her back something nice from your trip.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Leave her at home. She will appreciate it way more. Just bring her back something nice from your trip.
Agreed.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Ah, were spending a week prior to the con doing other things in ontario like visiting family and such. TF con is only a small part of our vacation. I was hoping for help as I don`t know the area. I was also trying to be funny with the Dragging my wife to the con title. I`m just lucky to have a wife thats willing to go along with the whole TFcon during our vacation.

So leaving her home would put me in the dog house, plus be a major insult to her.

Last edited by Gaetznes; 11-16-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Gaetznes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

She'd probably be better off staying with the family that you're visiting during the TFCon weekend; beyond the malls, there won't be much in Mississauga to keep her occupied while you're in the dealer room.
Unless you can get her in on what the other guys did last year with their spouses (send them out on a rental car during the day)
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabisprime View Post
Unless you can get her in on what the other guys did last year with their spouses (send them out on a rental car during the day)

Thanks man, thats actually helpful.

LOL, The TFcon`s Wife Club.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

It's going to be very tricky to abandon her for two full days.

My suggestion would be to have her join you at the Con on Friday night for the opening ceremony. If GMFan wears the face makeup again she'll be dazzled.

Past that its pretty difficult. You may need to plan out what you can miss at the Con and what you can't.

Erin Mills Mall is nice but won't be good for more than a couple hours of entertainment I'd guess.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:53 PM   #8
Protoman
The Legend

Don't bring her. You will feel obligated to "babysit" her the whole time your there. Imagine you can't be up till 4am partying with the TFcon guys cause your with your WIFE. Many of us speak of experience.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #9
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Since you are bringing her to the area anyways, plan out some time together and time apart. Maybe you catch the opening ceremonies together, you hit the parts party for a while, then you two do dinner together. On Saturday you hit the dealer room and panels while she hits the mall (square one is the only one really worth hitting in Mississauga). You meet up for dinner, then she can relax from her shopping while you head out to the hotel bar with us. Sunday morning breakfast together and then you can hit the con, while she enjoys the spa, then you have dinner together, and you hit the bar with us again.

Not sure if there are any little touristy things to do in Mississauga, if you were in Hamilton I could probably name you a half dozen time wasters.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #10
Leozak
Robots in the skies!
Leozak's Ebay Auctions

I would also recommend getting a rental car so that she has the freedom to go wherever she wants while you spend time at the con.

I've travelled to Toronto (and surrounding areas) for TFCon, brought the wife and she has managed to entertain herself every year while I'm at the con for Friday night and Saturday.
Leozak is offline   Reply With Quote