Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #51
Pascal
Banned
Re: Hasbro says no to Voyager Breakdown

The Bruticus mold was already fully developped, it's just a deco variation. They will make their money with the main releases, not this one. Yes, Hasbro could develop niche products in limited numbers to satisfy a small base of rich customers, but I don't think that's worth the effort to them. Profit is what they're after.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #52
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I'll just pick up Arms Micron Breakdown at C4, provided someone has him for sale at C4 at a price I'm willing to pay.

All of this back and forth in this thread just goes to show one thing. Hasbro is slowly choking itself to death on all that yellow crap.

After all of those recent TF sales in TRU the only DotM products they had were still a boat load of BBs, and what happens when I walk into TRU on Tuesday? More DotM Product was put on the shelf.

Why the hell aren't these companies just taking all of the DotM stuff that isn't selling and shipping it back to the manufacturer by now? Or dumping them off at store chains like Winners and Giant Tiger who don't seem to ever have problems moving the cheap left overs to the lower income families.

Get the products moving people, that's what needs to be done. We're going to be in 2025 and still have DotM toys clogging shelves.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #53
Pascal
Banned

We still find RID and Transmetals toys at retail so...
Old 07-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #54
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
We still find RID and Transmetals toys at retail so...
Where are you finding Transmetals?
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #55
Pascal
Banned

Crappy Hart stores mostly.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #56
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Well how about if Hasbro just sold us Takara releases from their websites? Takara is obviously releasing those toys and have no problem doing it in their market, AND we got other online stores selling us Arms Microns and United and Asian exclusives and stuff... so why can't Hasbro get some of those for their own website??
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #57
joshimus
Metroplex

I'm still waiting for a proper Canadian Hasbrotoyshop and not the US only based charge you shit loads of custom fee's version.
Why shouldn't we get to use promotions or flat rate/free shipping deals? Why is it that we have to spend more than the Americans to shop direct from Hasbro? We already pay much higher prices than they do, which is in MANY industries, not just toys.
It's sad that they don't have a specific warehouse in Canada to support a Canadian based online system that works.
Why is it I can order from Hobby Link Japan easier than my neighbors online store?
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #58
Hellboy
Alternator

It could be that Canadian retailers would have a fit with Hasbro Canada selling the exact same product online.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #59
justprime
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
The Bruticus mold was already fully developped, it's just a deco variation. They will make their money with the main releases, not this one. Yes, Hasbro could develop niche products in limited numbers to satisfy a small base of rich customers, but I don't think that's worth the effort to them. Profit is what they're after.
Were are the numbers you refer to as a small amout of Tf fans buying overseas? most collectors I know are coninuing to fill out there collections with figures that are not seen on these shores (Q leadfoot etc at a larger mark up then shelf price thats a piss off to start due to hasbros lack of interest here) How many is too small a market? when you consider that 1 collector will spend several thousands over a year compared to little johhys mom picking up the odd bumblebee and theres a lot of collectors just ask us,... I look at it in a different light namly lost sales when retailers like bbts or tfsorce do well in TF sales hasbros missing the boat,... 1 by direct sales of Takara product and 2 by driving buyers to this market because there fed up with missing out on pieces to fill out the collection on the hopes that somewhere down the road Hasbro will release said figure better to buy not at a little more for takara then to pay super high prices when the piece never showes here and you need to complete the hole that exsists in the collection.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #60
justprime
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
It could be that Canadian retailers would have a fit with Hasbro Canada selling the exact same product online.

Wouldn't matter soon they won't be carring any stock untill they sell the yellow wall "LOL" seriously
an online store carring the complete line would boost sales and they could make a venue available for the figures that they don't deem to have a salable market here such (as breakdown) and still keep the collectors that want to fill that hole some what happy,... all it would take is a willingness to team up with takara tomy is that really that hard since they are already some what partners and setting up a web store is quite possible for hasbro.win win
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote