Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 08-21-2022, 09:00 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Turns 10 Today

On October 6th, 2011 the sequel to the landmark Transformers: War for Cybertron video game was officially announced. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron was set to take over the November issue of Game Informer with two different cover spreads, and full feature coverage inside which included first looks at some characters, environments, and the story to come. Two months later at the VGA Awards, the first cinematic trailer was released, giving the Transformers fandom and many others outside it confirmation that the High Moon team were going to deliver something incredible. As time went on since the game’s announcement, Hasbro and » Continue Reading.

The post Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Turns 10 Today appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 08-21-2022, 09:29 AM   #2
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Turns 10 Today

Still the best TF games after 10 years! Which is a sad fact.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 10:08 AM   #3
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Still the best TF games after 10 years! Which is a sad fact.
At least we got it after years of garbage. My son still plays it on my xbox360.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 10:20 AM   #4
delrue
Crossover

Transformers Devastation says otherwise.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 10:31 AM   #5
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
Transformers Devastation says otherwise
With the full disclosure that I've never played FoC, absolutely hell yes Devastation is my jam

Sure I've got a few wishes that certain aspects were better, and it could have used an ocean more DLC (not just pallet swaps), but pound for pound it's a wicked G1 game, and the boss fights are great, with amazing music

100%'ing that game on my PS3 was so much fun
Even the hardest thing I ever did (Prime difficulty Devy/Menasor battle using Grimlock), was still amazing when I pulled it off
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 11:51 AM   #6
BirdLaw
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
With the full disclosure that I've never played FoC, absolutely hell yes Devastation is my jam

Sure I've got a few wishes that certain aspects were better, and it could have used an ocean more DLC (not just pallet swaps), but pound for pound it's a wicked G1 game, and the boss fights are great, with amazing music

100%'ing that game on my PS3 was so much fun
Even the hardest thing I ever did (Prime difficulty Devy/Menasor battle using Grimlock), was still amazing when I pulled it off

It's difficult to compare the two games. The IP is really the only similarity. One is a classic action brawler, the other a straight up shooter. Its like comparing Bayonetta to Doom.

I'm an absolute Platinum games fanboy (Wonderful 101 most underrated game ever?) but at the time in my life when WfC/FoC came out I was massively into playing online shooters. Those games scratched an itch that only Titanfall 1/2 and some Overwatch characters have since scratched for me. The pace of play when you could swap between bot and vehicle, the different classes, the customization and progression was *Chef's kiss.

Love both games but if you loved Devastation imo there are some stronger Platinum games I would strongly recommend checking out like Nier: Automata, Vanquish, and Bayonetta 1/2. Metal Gear: Rising is about on par with Devastation and worth playing these days just for the memes.
BirdLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 12:21 PM   #7
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

War and Fall of Cybertron are some of my most favorite video games to date. It's a damn shame that no 4K remasters have been made for either game (something to do with licensing). I hope that some day soon we get remasters for both.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 01:20 PM   #8
delrue
Crossover

They're delisted everywhere (as is Devastation) because Activision no longer holds the rights to the Transformers brand. If they do release them again hopefully it's not through Activision because fuck Activision/Blizzard.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote