Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2010, 01:50 AM   #11
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: iphone 4

I've been thinking of getting a phone. Might as well be an iPhone. Any suggestions on what service provider to use and where to buy it to get the best deal?
Old 07-31-2010, 11:45 AM   #12
CrackerBoy
Machine War

At the apple store now and the line is still huge
CrackerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:05 PM   #13
onecoin
Banned

Sticking with 3GS, cause I know it works
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:18 PM   #14
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Meh.

I'm waiting to see what Blackberry has up their sleeves.

I really love the QWERTY key board. Plus my Blackberry is a really inexpensive phone to run. I know some folks with the iPhone and their phone bills are double or triple what mine are due to the data plans required for the iPhone to be really worth it.

Cheers!
-Ian

Last edited by Cheers Ian; 07-31-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Cheers Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:45 PM   #15
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

my phone is pre paid. i pay $11.30 per month with taxes. that includes free voicemail, free caller id. free 3 way calling free call waiting 250 outbound texts, unlimited inbound and 35 mins of talk time. this is plenty for me, and seeing how some people pay 10 times that per month i consider myself pretty smart. putting 90 bucks in my bank instead of a cellphone company's. not being dependant on facebook and the constant need for internet access and fancy BBM while on the go can really save you some cash in the long run. Because at the end of the day, youre just paying to talk on a phone. it hardly seems worth it in the long run, with a basic iphone plan costing over $2000 over 3 years.- again all to talk on a phone. BONUS: my cheapness for phone service allows me to have more cash for tformers. so my advice is to go pre payed on a more affordable phone. I have a LG Keybo that i purchased for 90 bucks with tax+11.30 per month for the service. I pay 100 bucks on a pay and talk card and I get the above service for 365 days. (27 cents per day) as opposed to a basic iphone plan ($1.82/day). just something to think about.

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:57 AM   #16
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
You can try calling Rogers Customer Retention...it should help and don't forget to be nice (not kidding, it helps a lot most of the times)
Hmm, that just might work. Or if it doesn't work, it doesn't hurt to try

Why didn't I think of that before? I am really good at getting things by complaining
One time I had over $200 worth of free food from Pizza Hut cause they messed up one personal pan pizza in an order.
>.>
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:51 AM   #17
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalprime View Post
my phone is pre paid. i pay $11.30 per month with taxes. that includes free voicemail, free caller id. free 3 way calling free call waiting 250 outbound texts, unlimited inbound and 35 mins of talk time. this is plenty for me, and seeing how some people pay 10 times that per month i consider myself pretty smart. putting 90 bucks in my bank instead of a cellphone company's. not being dependant on facebook and the constant need for internet access and fancy BBM while on the go can really save you some cash in the long run. Because at the end of the day, youre just paying to talk on a phone. it hardly seems worth it in the long run, with a basic iphone plan costing over $2000 over 3 years.- again all to talk on a phone. BONUS: my cheapness for phone service allows me to have more cash for tformers. so my advice is to go pre payed on a more affordable phone. I have a LG Keybo that i purchased for 90 bucks with tax+11.30 per month for the service. I pay 100 bucks on a pay and talk card and I get the above service for 365 days. (27 cents per day) as opposed to a basic iphone plan ($1.82/day). just something to think about.
if you have your own business or your line of work requires you one, i'd go for an iphone. its very pratical. other than that its for sheeple.

my wife had to convince me hard to get my first cellphone 2 years ago. i keep mine simple and cheap. i don't even have caller ID. 200 minutes a month, free evenings and weekends. 14 tax in. its not prepaid though. if i get prepaid i probably won't even buy them each month. most of the time its off so i still think i'm paying too much. 5 bucks per month would be great.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #18
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
I like the sound of this, please tell me more. Where do you get the prepaid plan.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:03 AM   #19
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
I use my iphone all the damn time. Finding resturants, directions, I mean, today I had tol drive my girlfriend to the walk in clinic: hour and 45 minute wait. I need a new bike, "hey iphone, where's the closest bike store? 5 blocks south? Awesome!"

"What's that? You want me to plug you into my car stereo too so I don't have to listen to the radio? AND I can take you jogging? You take videos and photos too?"

"What's that? I can browse cybertron.ca while I'm waiting to get my teeth cleaned instead of melting my brain with US weekly? I can play Final Fantasy on you too huh?"

"Wow, I can use a dragon app to dictate emails and text messages while I'm driving to work? While I'm on the ferry I can read IDW transformers comics on you?"

I don't use any form of social networking (life's complicated enough), but this guy I'd have to say has definetly improved my life since I've got him. I don't need to carry around a phone, laptop, camera and mp3 player either. Many devices have tried to do all of this, but only apple has cracked it so far (unfortunately, because I'm not much of an apple guy)

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #20
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter View Post
I'd have to say has definetly improved my life since I've got him.
hmm. i dont think of phones as "improvements" of life. i see them as annoying. i mean you can be watching a movie and your phone goes off. gotta pause my life for an email. i dont need interent on the go. i have it at home. nearest bike store? i pretty much know where all the sports stores are in my area, as well as restaurants and the like. iphones ARE cool gadgets, im not saying it isn't. Im just saying its a money pit that i dont need.

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote