Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-12-2019, 12:21 AM   #21
Nocturn
Previously Dead
Re: Most Disappointing Figures of 2018

RID Warrior Starscream I guess was the most underwhelming, was the only real impulse purchase I made. Even then, it cost like $8, I'm far from disappointed.

There's many I didn't buy after disappointment handling other's copies, though. (cough)VOLCANICUS(cough)RODIMUS PRIME(cough)
Old 01-12-2019, 06:46 AM   #22
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

PotP Inferno was my most disappointing fig this year. Tons of stickers, STILL buggered leg assembly, and that old mould recycled AGAIN!

The worst part is that now I don't expect a new, proper Inferno and Grapple any time soon. Of course we DID get two Starscreams in consecutive lines so you never know.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:55 PM   #23
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
The $10 price jump for deluxes has effectively ended my willingness to purchase them. I am not impressed by a box, over a bubble pack.

The only figure I'm looking forward to is Reflector, which will cost 3 x $30, totaling $90! I might as well look into 3P versions.
Depending on how you feel about KOs, I have heard EXCELLENT things about papa-toys version of the perfect effect not-Reflector.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:59 PM   #24
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
RID Warrior Starscream I guess was the most underwhelming, was the only real impulse purchase I made. Even then, it cost like $8, I'm far from disappointed.
IMO, the mold itself wasn't so bad. The fact that it was 1/2 price may have blinded me to its flaws, but I wouldn't say that it was a bad toy.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:18 AM   #25
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
IMO, the mold itself wasn't so bad. The fact that it was 1/2 price may have blinded me to its flaws, but I wouldn't say that it was a bad toy.

I still like it, but it was just the meh-est TF I got last year. Not a bad toy at all.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:16 AM   #26
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post
PotP Inferno was my most disappointing fig this year. Tons of stickers, STILL buggered leg assembly, and that old mould recycled AGAIN!

The worst part is that now I don't expect a new, proper Inferno and Grapple any time soon. Of course we DID get two Starscreams in consecutive lines so you never know.
Yeah, the sticker thing is always an eyesore. Thank goodness they don't seem to be using them in the Seige line so far.
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:18 AM   #27
choomama
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I'll start off with this one. Takara's God Ginrai, in my experience with it, was abysmal. God Bomber kept falling apart on his own, and in combined mode, I could not get the figure to stand up on it's own for the life of me. I eventually purchased the Perfect Effects PC-18 kit, which addresses the weak legs, but still, the combined mode feels wobbly. The figure itself is a perfect example of a great idea executed terribly. The real issue is that the entire figure from the legs down has absolutely no heft (the legs are pretty much a bunch of flimsy panels that barely tab together). I love the way the figure looks, but Takara really rushed this one without fully thinking it through.

Also imagine the price of this figure plus having to purchase all of the Perfect Effect kits to make it feel complete (well over $300).
How do you feel about LG-35 Ginrai itself, separate from LG-EX God Ginrai? Is that an ok figure?
choomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:36 AM   #28
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Trypticon for me...

He looked great, but it broke as I was assembling it.. the leg/hip issue.

For something of this size, this price, it's just ridiculous for it to have such a massive engineering and quality issue.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:36 AM   #29
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by choomama View Post
How do you feel about LG-35 Ginrai itself, separate from LG-EX God Ginrai? Is that an ok figure?
No, that was one of the main problems with the set. Super Ginrai, on his own, felt very underwhelming. The figure is very hollow for the price. The legs are literally just a bunch of panels folded up onto each other. Plus the awkward feet design makes him a bit hard to stand. After getting so many well designed Prime figures in the past (Armada, Cybertron, Classics, etc.) this one just doesn't cut it (especially at the $100+ price tag). Thunder Manus + the Divine suit, made by Maketoys, is a much better Ginrai experience (also have heard lots of good things about Fans Hobby Power Baser).

If you didn't get Takara's Super Ginrai or the LG-EX set, you really aren't missing much at all. Look into the 3rd party options instead for a better figure (not to mention that you pretty much have to buy the Perfect Effects kits to add to the Takara in order for it to be "complete" ---> these kits are WAY too pricey in my opinion, which pushes the overall price of Ginrai close to $400!).

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 01-14-2019 at 09:35 PM.
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:02 AM   #30
Undrave
Canadian Slag

I gotta say Blackwing was a tad dissapointing, mostly because a lot of tolerences weren't there in the whole wingpack/headstalk assembly and mine had somewhat loose hips. He still look nice next to his brother but he's really floppy in hand.

Biggest dissapointed has to be when I impulsed-bought Cyberverse Windblade during a sale. Her robot mode looks good in packaging but the plastic quality is horrendous, the hips on mine are ragdoll loose, her knees are way too tight compared to the transformation joint beneath it (that doesn't lock into place properly), the feet don't lock in satisfyingly in jet mode, the idiotic decision to prevent her head from moving even thought it's a separate piece (yet it wobbles?!), the left arm on mine keeps popping off at the bicep swivel when ever I try to use it and the gimmick is so stupidly designed... there's a giant SPIKE of sharp plastic just where you'd want to holder her to activate the gimmick with one hand! HORRIBLE design oversight!

WHY is it so hard to make a decent Windblade?! Iron Factory made a perfectly adorable one for like 20 USD! Windsaber is still my best Windblade!

EDIT: Oh and my Moonracer has an assembly defect where one of her leg is slightly longer than the other >< DANGIT!! And there was a pair of them when I picked her up ><
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote