Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #191
sweetthug
Generation 1
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

I'm assuming TRU are going to fulfill the preorders first if u look at a business point of view. They probably will make more money with the preorders as compared to the store. The stores will probably get 2-4 pieces per store. What do u think guys? Any input. I hate those scampers if u see on ebay someone has 16 MP Soundwaves and selling each for close to $300. Wondering how they could get 16 because some stores allow 1 per store.
sweetthug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #192
hugh_da_man
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetthug View Post
I'm assuming TRU are going to fulfill the preorders first if u look at a business point of view. They probably will make more money with the preorders as compared to the store. The stores will probably get 2-4 pieces per store. What do u think guys? Any input. I hate those scampers if u see on ebay someone has 16 MP Soundwaves and selling each for close to $300. Wondering how they could get 16 because some stores allow 1 per store.
I think anticipating TRU to apply any sort of business point of view towards their thinking is giving them too much credit.

It'll probably be 4 per store and a mad rush to get one like usual. The scalpers will be out in full force since you'll be able to turn a pretty easy $50 on these guys (well not acidstorm).
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #193
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Those of you who applied maternity/baby good coupons codes to your purchases are taking quite a risk if you ask me. Don't you think the companies ask for breakdowns on what products their coupons were applied to? Don't you think Thyme maternity wear will wonder what the hell a Metroplex is and ask TRU to reverse the coupon?

At the very least I think you guys risk paying full price, and at most I'd be worried TRU might cancel your order altogether for fraudulent use of a coupon code - my two cents.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #194
Tarantulas
Tripredacus Council Agent

While I respect your opinion... if TRU didn't want the coupon to be applied to items aside from those intended, it's an error they created and as such, falls on them to correct for future orders. Sort of, an error in the customer's favor.

As it is, they already mark-up these items quite a bit so I think in the end, they still come out winning.

I took advantage of the Hasbro code and actually spoke with an agent to have it manually applied... just stating my own two cents.

For example, if I go track down a different coupon code right now and attempt to apply it to Ultra Magnus for example... it won't work. It doesn't work because it was entered into the system to only validate on specific items...

Maybe they should ask the employee responsible for that task?
Tarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #195
ryceball89
Decepticlown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Those of you who applied maternity/baby good coupons codes to your purchases are taking quite a risk if you ask me. Don't you think the companies ask for breakdowns on what products their coupons were applied to? Don't you think Thyme maternity wear will wonder what the hell a Metroplex is and ask TRU to reverse the coupon?

At the very least I think you guys risk paying full price, and at most I'd be worried TRU might cancel your order altogether for fraudulent use of a coupon code - my two cents.
This.

I was reading through the details and didn't want to risk saving 10 bucks to get my PO cancelled.

But then again, I ordered 2 and who knows, they might cancel the order anyways... I've had it happen before
ryceball89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #196
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

Quote:

there was a coupon code? I paid retail for my order. I dont think people on the boards really care what you think about others getting a soundwave. There is no two cents about it, as a collector I'll be getting this figure online or instore using whatever coupons or sale there is going on. I will get tru to price adjust it if there is a sale or new coupon upon us. It is not a crime to buy an MP soundwave in store, online, with or without a coupon or at sale price.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #197
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

From what I was told. It was going to be 1000 units late August across Canada. So it most likely will be 1-2 boxes per store. Then another wave in Sept-Oct for 500 units. And if it sells well, MAYBE a shipment during Christmas.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #198
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
From what I was told. It was going to be 1000 units late August across Canada. So it most likely will be 1-2 boxes per store. Then another wave in Sept-Oct for 500 units. And if it sells well, MAYBE a shipment during Christmas.
that is what they said about MP Optimus and there was no second shipment. They would have to be making more MP Soundwaves across the oceans now for it to arrive at Christmas.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #199
elburrito
Animated

Quote:

I wondered about this too. I wonder if they oversell preorders and have to make some tough choices if some preference mightbe given to persons who paid more $?

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #200
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Believe your eyes if you want. Sighting from BC. With Pic

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showp...ostcount=28254

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigga79 View Post
Yo sighting for all you peeps, haven't dropped in here for a while as I'm still in China. MP-Soundwave confirm to be in BC. My sister copped MP Soundwave from TRU coquitlam for me. She told me the store only got in 2 yesterday. Pic of proof as it was legit found in BC. Anyway I bet most of you did the pre-order on TRU.ca but the local hunting begin. She told me that some other guy came in and bought the second one like a min after she was there.