Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-11-2007, 12:59 AM   #21
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier
Re: Canadian Toy Gun Laws??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post

Spencer: Do you know the colour of the Takara Classic Megatron?
I don't know the colour as of yet but I figured I would take care of this now instead of waiting until it was in customs and then getting into a fight or something.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
agesthreeandup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:14 PM   #22
frenzy2005

I've called Canadian Customs before on this, which the answer has been somewhat put on this thread but I'll reiterate what I was told.

Canadian law states that any toy gun or replica that it's purpose is to look exactly like the actual firearm is not allowed into Canada. G1 megs and Masterpiece Megs are both able to be imported as has been stated here because of their size.

Now, just because that's the law doesn't mean customs can't dick around with your product for as long as they want. Coming across the border a few weeks ago, I was talking to one of the customs people and they said if it looks like a firearm, they will research it and find out why it's coming into the country.

They could care less that it's a TF, if there's a picture of a gun on the box then they will inspect it very closely.

This is probably why your toy came not as it should've. They would've tried to transform it and see what the gun looked like.

I would most definaltely call customs and ask them to pay for a new one as anything they touch MUST be returned to it's original state after they're done with it.

Just my $0.02
frenzy2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #23
bruisedlee
Robot in Disguise

Thanks for the advice frenzy.

They contacted me today, finally returning my messages. They provided me with an email address so that I could send them an image of the missing part.

He told me he would look for it.

I hope they just find it and thats the end of it, but if they do not I will push to get at least some of my money back.

Thanks.
bruisedlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:02 AM   #24
bruisedlee
Robot in Disguise

Well I have been in communication with Customs for almost 4 months, my contact said that it went to the board of directors, seems to have sit there for about 2 months, then I got this email today:

"
I regret to inform you that I don't see anyone wanting or willing to award a claim at this time....I'm sorry"

Its frustrating cause there was nothing wrong with it until they put their hands on it. Anyway, I wish there was something else I could do. I don't suppose the better business bureau would accept complaints about customs. :P

Dang it.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:54 AM   #25
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

So wait, you're being "robbed" of an MP Megatron from customs?
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #26
bruisedlee
Robot in Disguise

No,

Basically the toy made it to me, but when they took it out of the box and transformed it one of his shoulder pads popped off, and now it is incomplete and looks weird in gun mode.

Anyway, I tried to make a claim on the basis that they charged me customs on something they damaged and I should get some money back for that.

But alas after all these months, denied.

Pretty annoying.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #27
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Sorry to hear that man, I think you just got bad luck, I've managed to ship a few MP Megatrons from Asia and it was held by customs for awhile, but nothing was opened, but I guess I got lucky.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #28
-KG-
Kranix

I can't believe they actually tried to transform it. I don't see the purpose. So they could "see" how it looks in gun mode? What I see is bored customs agents playing with a toy.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #29
pud333
Animated

It seems customs is not completely on par with their own policies. There's this kid on youtube who had a giant complaint that his MP Megatron would not be released to him because it transformed into a gun (nothing regarding the size of it) and his only choice was to pay to get it destroyed, so I'm surprised you even got it once customs opened it.

That still sucks dude. I feel this is a losing cause though.

Last edited by pud333; 03-06-2008 at 03:17 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote