Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 05-15-2018, 04:31 PM   #11
TRUCKvsGUN
Re: Masterpiece Cordon additional images ? arm cannon confirmed!

It's unfortunate that prices are going up (in perspective, the cost of everything is up, not just toys), but I understand that Taktom has had some financial troubles, and it would just break my heart if they were to go out of business. So, I'm sticking by them and showing my support by buying official products from them. That does mean I need to do things a bit differently though, such as taking advantage of preorder savings from Japanese etailers, forgoing all of the Hasbro stuff except POTP, and cutting way back on 3P.

Proudly preordered. I've got your back, Takara Tomy.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:32 PM   #12
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Blame the economy if you think our prices are getting too high for importing, not to mention the danger we face with NAFTA being abolished because TRUMP... I mean seriously, the cost of importing anything is going to be expensive and Japan seems to have been gradually increasing the prices of import figures a lot of late due to the relative status of the Canadian Dollar.

After all we're importing through twice when it comes to exchanging currencies, from CND to US to Yen, which does cause considerable issues when the Dollar is high in US, but low in CND.

It's a huge problem and it's affecting everybody and everything. Luxury items like this are unfortunately going to become more expensive, I buy rarely, so I can handle the occasional splurge on a figure of this quality. Do I think it is too high? Perhaps. Will I stop buying? Considering where I am right now probably in another year or so, so I'm taking advantage of the good stuff while I still can.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:55 PM   #13
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
That is a stupid price. I don't buy the arguments about small runs or anything else from a company as big as Tak Tom. 185 is a criminal amount of money.

Sunstreaker was 100 CND through AE. Cordon is 130 CND through AE. Sunstreaker was already a cash grab at $30 US more than the previous carbot released and so this price is now just shy of double.

I'm not interested in diaclone as part of my collection, but I do wonder/worry about upcoming releases that I'd want. I love this hobby, but I'm getting priced out of it.

Thank you. Dude I sentiment. This is a hobby meaning we want to do it as cheaply as possible. The prices have become inflated. I got a taobao account so I can cut costs even more because this is getting ridiculous!
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:58 PM   #14
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post

So all in its 225 dollars from A3U.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #15
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
So all in its 225 dollars from A3U.
Really? Huh, that wasn't what my invoice listed, then again I chose the Pre-Order option, perhaps the Shipping wasn't included then, oh... duh, different Provinces, different Taxes. My bad.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:45 PM   #16
oroboru
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Blame the economy if you think our prices are getting too high for importing, not to mention the danger we face with NAFTA being abolished because TRUMP... I mean seriously, the cost of importing anything is going to be expensive and Japan seems to have been gradually increasing the prices of import figures a lot of late due to the relative status of the Canadian Dollar.
Isn't NAFTA between North American partners only? Why would this affect us buying stuff from overseas? It's not like it passes through US borders.
oroboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:45 PM   #17
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Really? Huh, that wasn't what my invoice listed, then again I chose the Pre-Order option, perhaps the Shipping wasn't included then, oh... duh, different Provinces, different Taxes. My bad.

No no my bad I thought shipping was 12 it is 6...so its 220 ish with taxes and shipping... :/
Old 05-15-2018, 07:16 PM   #18
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
No no my bad I thought shipping was 12 it is 6...so its 220 ish with taxes and shipping... :/
still a rapey price
hopefully these guys go on clearance like road rage and delta magnus
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #19
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oroboru View Post
Isn't NAFTA between North American partners only? Why would this affect us buying stuff from overseas? It's not like it passes through US borders.
Yes, they are between North American partners, however that doesn't belie the fact that things are changing or in danger of changing and tariffs and junk are still going to be an issue. On top of that I have no idea how A3U get's them, but I will admit that there could be something there.

Also, the NAFTA thing isn't that big of a deal for importing, it's the exchange rate that's causing us more problems... I brought NAFTA up as an example of how things could drastically alter even a few months from now should things collapse. The exchange rate however is still shit and we're going Pay CND for US dollars to pay Japan exporters in Yen because I don't think third party sellers get stuff straight from Takara and I'm not sure if you can pay CND to YEN for importing stock from Japan... I have no idea then, maybe I'm completely off, I don't run a business after all so I have no idea what the hell the cost to import the stuff even is.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:53 PM   #20
oroboru
Machine War

Quote:
Yes, they are between North American partners, however that doesn't belie the fact that things are changing or in danger of changing and tariffs and junk are still going to be an issue. On top of that I have no idea how A3U get's them, but I will admit that there could be something there.

Also, the NAFTA thing isn't that big of a deal for importing, it's the exchange rate that's causing us more problems... I brought NAFTA up as an example of how things could drastically alter even a few months from now should things collapse. The exchange rate however is still shit and we're going Pay CND for US dollars to pay Japan exporters in Yen because I don't think third party sellers get stuff straight from Takara and I'm not sure if you can pay CND to YEN for importing stock from Japan... I have no idea then, maybe I'm completely off, I don't run a business after all so I have no idea what the hell the cost to import the stuff even is.
A3U probably gets their stuff from Japan, just like my buddy does for his store.

http://bigpfeiffer.com/

Try emailing him and asking for a quote. I guess if there is enough of an interest for this item, I could convince his ass to make a profile here and he could deal with y'all directly.

I'd ask myself, but I really have no interest in this deco.

As for exchange rate, the entire world is tied into the US dollar, so I hear where you're coming from. I know when you're in the actual country, exchange rates are typically better than what we get on the Interwebs here.. of course, that doesn't help us at all.

What also doesn't help is the 3% or whatever it is service fee that most of us pay for For Ex.
oroboru is offline   Reply With Quote