Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Fan-Made Commercials Thoughts

Perhaps I'm the only one to want to bother with even trying to take the long ammount of time with something necessary for a project of this magnitude, even though I have no clue where to start, but I was just thinking.

Transformers Toy Commercials of this modern era aren't as pronounced as the past. Transformers don't really need the publicity/commercials that the G1 days did, so Hasbro doesn't waste too much time focusing on 5-9 minute pieces of product placement. (Not when they've got a live action franchise that pretty much sells itself.)

However I feel that this is kind of a shame because you don't really get to see the products that are on the shelf doing anything truly spectacular, I mean sure it's kind of silly to dwell on such things, but I'm the kind of person who loves to find new ways to have fun with his toys.

What I'd love to figure out and do would be to take everything from Transformers Classics, Universe 2.0, Fans Project, Generations, Reveal the Shield and possibly others and just do something fun and creative.

Basically I want to make, Transformers CHUG Commercials. Similar to the cheezy eighties commercials, but perhaps with a bit more stop-motion toy show off and a bit less kid's playing with toys vibe.

The problem is I don't have any idea how to start such a project, plus there is the little matter of still lacking a considerable number of figures in my collection to use all the items I'd enjoy using for the sake of being completist as it were. (Not to mention the lacking of money for the equipment I'd need to make them.)

I was just wondering if there were any tutorial sites out there that someone had discovered and could point me in that general direction, or perhaps other fans with simliar interests. Maybe there's a way the our community could pool our talents to create some stunning visuals, all for the sake of truly having fun with our toys.

Even if all I could contribute would be scripting and dialogue for the commercials, I'd be fine with that, I'm just tired of sitting here with tons of great new figures and not seeing anything on the t-v allowing kids to truly experience that same feeling you got when you saw a Classic G1 Toy Commercial for the new product.

I mean they've got to have hundreds of new products in their toyline every month or so, but Hasbro doesn't market them the same way anymore and it's kind of a shame that our society has gone past the point where we care about the product we mass-produce and shove down the consumers throats. It's just totally not fun, and all the commercials on t-v nowadays for products just scream half-assed. Nobody really tries any more. Watching commercials used to be fun, now you can't wait until they're over, and you tend to just fast forward with the PVR because they are all so much mediocre wastes. Nothing entertaining or light-hearted or fun.

Er, I'm getting off track though. Seriously, does anyone else feel as I do and might be interested (Not to mention have the proper digital recording equipment and software) to create some fun and hopefully non-copywright infringing pieces of personal entertainment?