Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-23-2018, 12:11 PM   #121
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BludChylde View Post
After reading something on the Transformers World 2005 forums about fragile PotP combiner ports, I decided to check my dinobots.

Looks like my Sludge has a crack in the port. The hands/feet still fight snugly though. Not sure if I should ever try him in arm mode again. And it worries me for my Rippersnapper I haven't got around to opening because he seems to be one of the big offenders for cracking as well.

Figured I'd give you guys a heads up in case no one else has seen this. Sorry for the pic quality. The lighting in the basement sucks and if my phone could use the flashlight and camera at the same time I would have got a better picture.
Oh man, that sucks. I feel the same could happen when I first transformed them into Dinotron, Volcanobot or whatever his name is. I've just left it in combined mode for the last many months. Wonder if any kind of glue would be able to fix those ports.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:04 PM   #122
BludChylde
Generation 2

I've only had them assembled as Volcanicus long enough to try everyone in both leg and arm modes to see what I liked best.

Due to current circumstances, I'm not capable of displaying anything. Currently the crack isn't big enouhg to be able to get glue in there and I don't want to risk trying to pry it apart to try. Right now he port still holds the hands and feet in well. Just don't know how well it will work long term.
BludChylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 04:48 PM   #123
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BludChylde View Post
After reading something on the Transformers World 2005 forums about fragile PotP combiner ports, I decided to check my dinobots.

Looks like my Sludge has a crack in the port. The hands/feet still fight snugly though. Not sure if I should ever try him in arm mode again. And it worries me for my Rippersnapper I haven't got around to opening because he seems to be one of the big offenders for cracking as well.

Figured I'd give you guys a heads up in case no one else has seen this. Sorry for the pic quality. The lighting in the basement sucks and if my phone could use the flashlight and camera at the same time I would have got a better picture.
I can't stop laughing at this picture. Why did you post that horrible picture and more importantly, why didn't anyone else comment on it? Now I want to go to the "Post your Transformers photos - 2018" and post the blurriest pictures ever and see if anyone says anything.

Oh god. I can't stop laughing.

Here's a picture of mine. It looks fine to me.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:27 AM   #124
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

This probably mentioned at some point on this board or amongst the fandom, but can Hasbro partner with a studio like Dreamworks or whomever to do a proper reboot G1 cartoon like what was done with Voltron?!?

The Machinima series was sort of a decent filler.....

Was watching The Return of Optimus Prime episodes with my 3 year old and he kept asking where First Aid went when the Protectobots transformed into Defensor in the following scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya2jMJE3Fxw

I know there were numerous mistakes like that throughout the cartoon, but this one bothered me 'cause my 3 year old wouldn't let it go. Anyways, a new well done G1 series could bring additional fans to the brand, more content for all these new streaming services and bottom line help sell even more toys!

More importantly, when combiners transform, they would all be there hopefully coloured properly.

Slow work day, that's my morning vent.

Last edited by Collectingtoys; 11-28-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:05 PM   #125
BludChylde
Generation 2

Who would have thought the animation errors of our childhood would become an obsession needing answers for children of today. I don't blame your daughter though.

As for getting a partner to reboot G1, I have mixed feelings. I love the current Voltron and She-Ra reboots. But on the other hand we could have the Thunder Cats reboot that got canceled even though it was good right in the middle of a storyline or we could get Thundercats Go which from what we've seen reminds me of Simon's Cat on YouTube.
BludChylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:27 PM   #126
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

I'd be down for an animated series based on IDW's MTMTE/LL and TAAO books. They have a winning mix of whimsy, humor, drama, intelligence, and pathos that would easily appeal to a range of audiences, and the colorful, dynamic art style can readily translate to animation.

Cyberverse is already shamelessly cribbing from IDW's lore and making a giant trashpile out of it, but if you put the source material into the hands of competent writers and showrunners, and got some good VO artists, you'd have something special.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:39 PM   #127
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Does this count. Damned Canada Post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-12-14-19-27-19.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	42224  

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:51 PM   #128
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
Damn right that counts! They're really ruining Christmas this year
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:28 PM   #129
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Damn right that counts! They're really ruining Christmas this year
Absolutely counts!!!
Old 12-15-2018, 10:38 AM   #130
CanBot
Cybertron

The MP line is my gripe, or at least what it has become and where it is heading. Somebody mentioned obscelesence and I agree: after spending over a grand on the six seeker MP11s, I can bet you a block of energon that we see a version 3 next year. And before people claim it's a five year old mold, exactly! Five years, and they're ready to do another one. MP44 is the heart of the matter, and while it's an amazing piece, I'm sure that whatever Takara has in mind five years from now will be that much better. It''s a ride I have no more interest in being on. It's a line, yet they show no real intention of completing even the Ark crew, let alone Season 1. And to what aesthetic, who knows. Even the MP + line is going to look lame next to whatever version comes out by the time they decide to release the newer figs. Hound looks amazing...and most Datsuns carbots look lacking next to him. So there's that.

And enough of this 'they are toys meant for kids' garbage: the MP line is a nostalgic ADULT collector line. As such, they should think to what adults would want out of the line, especially at the newer costs. The QC issues are far too frequent and I find myself not opening new MPs with excitement but rather with fear...of missing accessories or broken parts. Or poorly designed parts that break in a mere few transformations. This is a real thing...and if I am to be honest, it's beem there almost from the beginning of my foray into MPs with Soundwave five years ago. And he prices just keeps going up with our dollar going lower.

I have had to really rethink my TF collection lately and I wish that cost was the only reason: it's not. Were these the 'masterpieces' they should be, I would still be happy with these. Instead, we get improved version like MP44...remember when MP10 was literally THE shit? I sure do. And it's still great...especially considering the cost it was. And I honestly think that Hasbro had a long term plan to get those lower priced MPs into our hands..only to see the line get more expensive with no improvememt in QC. Looking at you, Coneheads...exclusives, at that!

I had more fun this year tracking down the reiasue G1 stuff in Walmart than anything else. That should tell me something. I hope they keep it up.

But that MP line...I am not ordering MP44 and Hound may be next to be missed, depending on price.

Takara will eventually realize that if you sell to adults, they should expect the consequences of their often ill advised moves. They could have kept a guy like me along for YEARS but the recent turns have made that almost impossible. I fully wanted to keep collecting it all but they just kept doing the same shenanigans. It doesn't affect my love for the Transformers at all, that's beyond their reach, but it does mean my MP loyalty isn't what it was or will be, for good reasons. Rant over.