Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
Andrushko
Generation 1
KO binaltech reviews?

Can anyone tell me what the quality on these KO binaltechs? The only reviews I can find were all posted by the same reviewer in bad english - makes me think they are the seller trying to drum up good reviews for himself.

For only $15US, are they worth it?
Andrushko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: KO binaltech reviews?

honestly, ive never experienced a KO before. But when it comes to expensive figures i understand why you want to search for them. keeping all that in mind, I can say that I have a few alts thanks to some members here and they are great. with a KO, you kinda have in the back of your mind that the figure isnt real. I dont know, having a KO doesnt feel right. I wouldnt risk a KO over the real thing. It may cost 3 times less, but the old adage rings true, you get what you pay for.

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
Detective Barricade
Beasty
Send a message via MSN to Detective Barricade Send a message via Skype™ to Detective Barricade

The plastic quality on the KO Binaltechs is slightly weaker, if not about as good as, the real thing. They even include die-cast in the vehicle shell pieces! Construction quality and tolerances, however are kind of poor. Both of the KO Binaltechs I have, Dead End and Silverstreak, aren't able to store their weapons away as the engine like they're supposed to.

In short, if you're okay with owning a KO, and have no plans to display them in robot mode, they're a decent substitute for the real thing. But I would rather get an Alternator of the same character where possible. Less worry about scratching the paint on the metal parts.

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=40226

Current wants: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=48339
Detective Barricade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I don't know if this will help because it's not exactly the same, but I have a KO Alternators Prime. IMHO it wasn't worth the money I paid for it. The plastic felt like it would break if I stressed it even a little. Plastic tolerance wasn't so hot. Had to take an exacto-knife to shave off extra plastic so it could bend at the knees. In hind sight I should have save the money and put towards the real thing.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:28 AM   #5
CBII
Animated

The KO Grimlock I have isn't that great. It's actually pretty junky. The joints are loose and it can barely stay in ALT mode without some part seperating, saging or just plain old not fitting right.

Over all it's barely worth the $10 I paid for it.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote