Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-18-2007, 02:06 AM   #1
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Robot Love, an interesting concept?

So I'm just sitting here watching Beast Wars season 3 with my daughter(yeah we gotta work on the whole bed time thing) and I see the episode where Silverbolt and Black Arachnia almost lock lips. I started thinking how many other robot love stories has Transformers given us? Certainly Tigertron and Airrazor. Springer and Arcee? I'm not sure. Blurr and Wheelie? Well lets not go there. There may even be an untold tale of love between Prime and Elita-One. Maybe even a triangle including Alpha Trion. Will Black Arachnia hook up again in the new animated series? So many thoughts and questions, what do you all think? It would be interesting to even hear from some of our female cybertronian.ca's to hear if these stories resonate with them more than they do with male fans? Late night robo-sex talk on the boards anyone?
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:46 AM   #2
Protoman
The Legend
Re: Robot Love, an interesting concept?

Generation 1 gave us a few love stories, some robot love, some robot/human love.

Arcee for one has been the eye of Hot Rod till he became Rodimus Prime in season 3 (TF: 2010), from that point Springer took the job as her main man till he was to say the least "taken off the toy shelve" when G1 Japan Headmasters came into play, then Chromedome seemed like the bot for Arcee.

In Transformers Victory, Holi (aka Stakeout of Micromaster USA fame) had a girlfriend on Planet Micro named Clipper (A pinkish repaint of Hyperdrive which never happened in toy form). Also in the Transformers Victory manga, Deathsaurus and his Dino King company all had Decepticon wives and children (Crazy eh?)

In the Beast Era, we had like you said, Silverbolt with Black Arachnia, and at one point, love triangle with Cheetor in it. Tigatron with Airazor and later on in Beast Machines, Rattrap with Botanica.

We would not get any more "Robot Love" till Galaxy Force (aka Cybertron) gave us Chromia (also known as Thunderblast) had the heart of many Decepticons (Even in tech spec profiles, ie Cybertron Shortround). She herself would always be in love with the strongest Decepticon, which mostly would be Master Megatron/Galvatron and the odd chance Starscream (Given, he would be in charge)

Robot/Human relationships? I won't go deep into it, but to name a few. Seaspray/Allana, Powerglide/Astoria, Starscream/Alexis, the Binaltech Asterix line, the Kissplay line..... and so on.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
Aernaroth
Metroplex

And then there was that episode in G1 where Megatron had a crush on Nightbird, and Starscream got jealous. But lets not think about that.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
chisau

"the girl that loves powerglide" - nuf said.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:03 AM   #5
RandomFerret

It really only makes sense for Beast Wars characters to have relationships. They've been shown to have the same biological needs and functions as the animal modes they scan. They eat, sleep and mate.

The mating, admittedly, is not often shown. The only one who talks about doing it is Tigatron.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:26 AM   #6
beatrush

Years ago, I saw a hentai comic in a Vancouver comic store where hotrod and springer were gang banging Arcee..........

*shudder*
beatrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #7
Aernaroth
Metroplex

This thread is moving in a direction that frightens me.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:23 PM   #8
dak
Master Creator

Keep it clean.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:53 AM   #9
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

WOW! I just got home from work and fully expected the thread to be locked by this point the way things were going...................I also recall that Wreck-gar seemed to have a Junkion girl friend as well in season 3. And yes The Girl who Loved Powerglide is probably my choice for most twisted episode as well.

Last edited by Robimus; 09-19-2007 at 12:55 AM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote