Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-14-2007, 11:32 PM   #51
Metal_head666
Re: How many of you collect MISB only?

Personally i keep all my transformers in MISB because to me at first i was like i am going to sell them and whatnot. but now i am starting to get more and more into transformers. and i am finally understanding the transformer culture. now i know i will keep them MISB just so whenever i look on my dresser i see everything perfect. call my crazy but i just like seeing them in the box just my kind of thing. also i love transformers now so yeah
Metal_head666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:00 AM   #52
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

the only thing I really have that are MISB are my TF movie repaints and Robot Heros. I normally take everything out or leave it MIB
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #53
mitchmurphy

depends, mostly i open my stuff and pose them on display. unless its really rare or i have 2 i usually open one and keep one sealed
Old 09-16-2007, 12:44 PM   #54
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions

Almost everything I've purchased to date for collecting purposes has stayed MISB or MOSC with a few minor exceptions which are MIB. I have always felt that a nice crisp box adds to the overall appeal of the toy due to the sometimes amazing box artwork.
JaySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #55
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatroptimus View Post
Buying 2 of each is pretty sick imo.

Technically speaking we've all baught 2 of any one particular mold out there... I mean, there's the G1 Seekers that share the same mold, Prowl/Smokescreen/Bluestreak. There's multiple paint jobs for Demolishor, Cyclonus, Optimus Primal, Cheetor. You name it Hasbro or Takara have repainted it at least once, and we're well on our way to having every mold ever redone at least once if E-Hobby keeps it up with the G1 re-isses and Takara eventually re-issues the entire run of G1 in one form or another.

So yeah, there are indeed multiples in our collections, but we don't think of it as buying 2 of each or more because hey... I may have Demolishor or Insert Name of Choice here, but that repaint is slick and I gotta have it, is the mentality of those who just can't get enough of Transformers collecting.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #56
noodle
...in a cup.

usually most of my transformer purchases have been opened, played with, posed and displayed... then after a good amount of time spent collecting dust are tossed into a cardboard box and stored in the dark corners of my bedroom closet...

however, anything purchased within the last 4-5 months have remained MISB.

Last edited by noodle; 09-16-2007 at 07:31 PM. Reason: spellcheck.
noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #57
EnragedCoconut
Machine War

Every last one of mine is opened, generally, minutes after purchase. Toys are meant to be played with .

IMO.

EC
Old 09-16-2007, 10:46 PM   #58
Hound
Robot in Disguise

I'm an opener. And even *if* I were to have a double of the same TR, I would open both and pose one in robot mode and the other in alternate mode. I don't have any re-molds at the moment, but should I get one I'd treat it like a double and display them as such.

Buying TRs as an investment is not the best use of my money (though admittedly, you'd at least have the package to look at in the meantime).
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:34 AM   #59
tusko
Classic

I am now making the switch to MISB. I buy them and figure I'll open them later. Packing the boxes away for a few years. Then I find them again and say cool, but since they are now hard to replace MISB they stay that way.

I only have a few put away, but its satisfying to have. A few years ago I would have called myself nuts!
tusko is offline   Reply With Quote