Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-20-2016, 12:35 AM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Transformers at TRU

TRU, once had an section in aisle decicated to just Transformers, where they had a huge selection of toys. They even had the 30th anniversary to no longer having a section, let alone a figure. What happened? did TRU retailers stopped carrying Transformers altogether? I went today to see if they had any new toys, and to my surprise, they only had CW Menasor, Superion, MP Bumblebee, RID2015 Prime and Sideswipe.

Last edited by Ironwave; 07-20-2016 at 01:32 AM.
Ironwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:12 AM   #2
predahank
Storing is hoarding
Re: Transformers at TRU

transition period to titan wars.... although I've noticed the tf section shrinking, as with walmart's
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:19 AM   #3
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I can't speak for the brutal distribution and selection over the past eight months. I'm sure part of the blame is Hasbro and part is tru.

As far as what makes sense: winding down of combiner wars, transition to Titans return... and no movie. While at the same time we've seen a HUGE star wars push. New tmnt movie. New captain America. New batman. Those things take up priority and shelf space and tf, af the moment, is not a monster hot property. It sells... clearly when it IS on the shelf it moves. Including the rid, which is a good sign as it means younger kids are buying and the kids are still the main market.

There has to be an impact from the haphazard distribution. Tru has been stuck with shit people have had for months and barely gotten in later waves. Combaticons should have been everywhere at Christmas. There was a trickle and then ffft. And that's just deluxes, it really looked like onslaught a d sky lynx were going to skip Canada.

Anyway, next year when tf5 hits transformers will take over the toy aisle again. The spike in interest always carries over into the next wave of generations. Is this the longest gap between movies since they started? Competition for space in the toy aisle is fierce these days..

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:24 AM   #4
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Transition? They didn't go through a transition period when CW hit the shelves, they still had TF Prime and AOE toys on the shelves for like 2 years.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:34 AM   #5
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

http://time.com/money/4410592/hasbro...-dolls-profit/

maybe stocking more of items that are selling more?
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:40 AM   #6
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
Transition? They didn't go through a transition period when CW hit the shelves, they still had TF Prime and AOE toys on the shelves for like 2 years.
yeah thats because they couldn't give away that AOE stuff so it sat for 2 yrs. Shelf space is $$ from a business standpoint so its a wise strategy to have these sales to clean out old stock, hence the "transition" period of barren stock. They could give 2 shits about a few 40yr olds leaving disappointed with no wave 6 limbs.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:03 AM   #7
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

At this point, I doubt I'll ever see the rest of the Bruticus limbs at retail again, besides that one day when the sale started. TRU's system doesn't even have that wave of Combiner Wars in their systems anymore (though I spied Hardhead when a manager was browsing to try and get me a raincheck).

At least Unite Warriors will make up for it.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:24 AM   #8
Autocons
Universal Dominator

I'm still looking for a deluxe hound, trailbreaker, and voyager sky lynx at the local TRU. Guess my chances are getting slimmer and slimmer as they roll out the TR line.
Autocons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 05:19 AM   #9
justprime
Animated

Toys r us used to ..in the 80's carry the complete line of toys and tf did have there own isle ...that all changed when they incorporated babies r us as they used a good portion of the store for that ...what pisses me of is they are the ONLY dedicated toy store in canada as a big chain and cannot carry complete current lines or sufficent stock to meet the needs .... are weeks /months behind u.s. retailers not to mention high priceing that end up in weekly sales the whole things a mess and they need to get back to the basic business of good service and supply of toys (the whole line )not a half hearted attempt like it is currently .
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:49 AM   #10
TRUCKvsGUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
yeah thats because they couldn't give away that AOE stuff so it sat for 2 yrs. Shelf space is $$ from a business standpoint so its a wise strategy to have these sales to clean out old stock, hence the "transition" period of barren stock. They could give 2 shits about a few 40yr olds leaving disappointed with no wave 6 limbs.
Its the consumer's fault for not recognizing the awesomeness that is AOE Snarl

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote