Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave
Your Top 10 Underrated Transformers

hey gang, Mal here with yet another discussion topic that will hopefully generate some friendly debate.

Who are your Top 10 Most Underrated Transformers toys? The one you felt have been overlooked or are underappreciated by most collectors; the ones who you felt needed more love than they got.

Last edited by Malwave; 04-12-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: changed the topic a tad lol
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Your Top 10 Underrated Transformers

- movie 2 twins (all forms)
- movie 1/2 starsceam mold (includes all them seekers)
- mosquito bites (mmm mmm sure are fun to scratch)

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy

-Energon Landmine/quake-
I love any figure with optional add on armour but also this guys crusher claws are great, I'd like to see a new figure with add on/optional crusher claws sometime soon
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
Lysist
Alternator

- Energon Dreadwing
- Energon Omega Sentinel
- Cybertron Lugnutz/Hardtail
- RID build Team
- TFA Oil slick
- TFM Crossovers Venom...carnage was fail IMO

Lysist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

MP Megatron
Universe Ironhide
U. Galvatron
Alt Ram mold

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Here's my 10, in no specific order.

ROTF Voyager Demolisher. Stupid articulation, but kinda fun to roll over mincon cars.

TFTM Deluxe Brawl. His arm connections were a little sloppy, but he was a bad ass bot with a decent alt mode.

Agrees with Ultra Maverick. Energon Ultra (?) Landmine is one of my favorite figures ever. Tow Truck of Doom for the win!

Marvel Crossover Carnage. Being a repaint is never easy, but Carnage is pretty badass. Plus, no idiotic Spider stamp anywhere on him, so you can shoehorn him into your regular Transformers fairly easily.

ROTF Voyager Megatron. I like the green. Sue me.

Armada Deluxe Optimus Prime. In a line of asscrackers, this guy was plastic gold. The fact that he can pull the Leader Class version's trailer is a great bonus.

Animated Activator Bumblebee. He's just...fun.

Armada Leader (?) Jetfire. Again, in a line where 97% of the toys sucked or were too gimmick heavy, Jetfire was pretty friggin' cool. The fact that he was a pretty cool looking space shuttle also helps.

Animated Deluxe Oil Slick. Finally, a cool motorcycle transformer. A sphere of Hell musta froze over.

Universe/Classics 2.0 Voyager Decepticon Drop Shot. This mold was just wasted on Autobots, especially a punkass like 'Cybertron' Scattershot. Now, he reaches his full gun-toting, missile-packing glory as a Decepticon.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #7
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Obscure. Reviews.

Which reminds me, I should update that thread some day....
Old 04-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #8
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
U. Galvatron
Agreed with Universe Galvatron. He's not a bad figure by any means, but his height allows him to fit more nicely with Classics Hot Rod, and the other Unicron Heralds.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #9
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

In no particular order...

Universe Predacon Bruticus: A great mold, actually retained its electronics (unlike other Universe repaints) and top runner with Acid Storm as the most unlikely homage ever.

Universe Galvatron: Not a bad toy at all. I actually like the smaller size. I find it somehow fits with the insane Galvatron from the G1 cartoon.

Universe Heavyload: One of my favorite repaints ever! He has cool colours, a badass bio, and the ransack mini-con trio from the mini-con 12-pack look like they were meant to be his minions. Brimstone in particular looks great on his forearm similar to Laserbeak on Soundwave's.

Movie Mudflap: No not the one that makes up one half of the movie twins, the repaint of Cybertron Mudflap. His bio is awesomely twisted and if you put an autobot sticker over his decepticon symbol, BAM! Instant Classics Erector!

Universe Hot Shot: Not a bad toy at all really. Aside from the back kibble, he's a great update of the Armada figure. Just be sure to grab a gun or sword from another toy line that will fit in his hands.

Movie Dreadwing: What can I say, I love this guy. He is the saddest and most put upon looking transformer I have ever seen. I've made a vow to collect every repaint of this mold because I think he's just so... Cute. I will gladly take in any unwanted Dreadwings, Overcasts, and Fearswoops.

Cybertron Repugnas: The colours and the mold go together so well. Do what I did and buy this little guy, put him on your Classics shelf and rename him Tyrannitron. He may not have a gun mode but he's still a dinobot, darn it!

Movie Crankcase: An excellent update of the G1 triggercon. This guy deserves a spot in everyone's Classics collection.

Universe Stromcloud: Seriously, Universe Powerglide looks fantastic in black and purple. This is one black repaint that deserves to sell like mad.

Universe Tankor/Octane: He may not seem as nice as Classics Astrotrain but Octane is still an impressive triple changer. My favorite mode is the truck one because there's something very nostalgic about it. Yes, you kinda have to use your imagination with it but that's the best part. It really brings me back to my childhood when I would imagine my toys being more than what they are.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:34 AM   #10
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Ok in no particular order....

Animated Roll-Out Prime. - He's not worth the $60 but I paid $2.99 for him and for that price he's pretty fun with all the noises and stuff. For the most part only good for display but he's big and talks.

Universe Hotshot - Yeah, the back kibble is shite and so is the minicon, but learn to manage that back kibble and you can get some nice poses out of him.

Universe Galvatron - Yep, short, but other than that, articulation is pretty decent if you leave the cannon arm detached. If you do, it opens up a lot of posing possibilities.

ROTF Arcee/Chromia. They have the rare transformers disease wheel-foot-scoliosis. I hated them at first too, but after seeing a review that changed my perspective on things, I think they're neat and unique. If you use your imagination a little you can get some nice poses out of them too. As you can probably guess by now, I'm a posiblilty freak. They had some pretty good wheel-foot action at the beginiing of the movie

Move-1- Arcee - I'd say a very decent figure if not for the face... sigh. If you'd seen the custom pics with a G1 type head, you'd see the potential the figure has.

Alternators Sideswipe - The articulation on him sucks, but once you do the hood mod, he looks like a dead ringer for G1 Sideswipe. Big soft spot for me on this figure.

Alternators WheelJack - He pops more than a bowl of rice crispies but once you get beyond that, hes a cool looking figure with lots of posiblity compared to all the other alternators.

Universe Silverbolt - His alt-mode is is a backpack, but oh well, he's posable and looks so much like the G1 character, I don't care. Arielbots rule.

Beast Wars TM2 Optimus Primal - He's a surfboarding monkey, how rad is that???? Sigh... but he was show accurate and had an artillery platform as a backpack... no monkeying around with that.

Animated Black Arrachnia - Tiny feet but large attitude. Terrific call back to the beast wars character. Posability is decent but the head sculpt is spot on.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 04-13-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote