Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2015, 08:16 PM   #1
CanBot
Cybertron
Kickstarter refunds?

Just wondering if there's any Kickstarter pros around here. I recently had to cancel my pledge on a project. The project was funded 100% and on the page, offered a refund policy 'no questions asked' if you asked within 60 days of the end of funding (which I am within). The Kickstarter site did the money transfer via Amazon.com, so to cancel the order I had to go to Amazon and cancel the authorization of payment. The amount I paid was already taken off my credit card when the end of the campaign was complete. I just received a confirmation from Amazon that I was cancelling authorization.

Yet I still haven't received the funds back on my credit card. I've sent an email to Kickstarter to clarify, but haven't heard back, nor can you find any real info on the site about refunds. I just went with the info provided on the Kickstarter campaign page and felt comfortable with the 60 refund policy.

Anybody go through this already? I'm not really too worried at this point, but if another week passes without word from anybody, I'll start to wonder.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:49 PM   #2
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions
Re: Kickstarter refunds?

I've always understood that kickstarter backing were no refundable. That said you might have more luck contracting amazon (since they did the transaction) and the person(s) involved in the project that you backed.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:58 PM   #3
CanBot
Cybertron

It's taking a bit of work (well, mostly time) but the refund is done through the project starter. They've been swamped by emails so it took a while. All you have to do is give them your transaction number and they refund your credit card.

Not all KS will allow you to refund, but it was the only reason I signed on. This was a massive success so my withdrawal won't make much difference, but one of the problems was a last minute change to shipping costs. So I wasn't about to pay as much for shipping as the entire purchase price, so that helped my decision.

They're taking their time but are honouring refunds.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #4
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote