Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #51
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast
Re: Opposite Opinion!

I really don't like the leader-scale figures. People seem to love them for some reason (those that can afford them). But I just can't get into them. I have handled several, and the added size doesn't usually translate to added fun. The weight increase usually requires ratchet joints, which reduces pose-ability somewhat (I have found). There aren't that many so they don't fit in with the rest of the "troops" and look out of scale. The added space for gimmicks doesn't make up for it.

People also seem to really love animal transformers in general, and Dinobots in particular. While I agree that dinosaurs are awesome, the idea of a robot disguised as a dinosaur never made sense to me, even as a kid watching the original cartoons. "Don't mind me, I'm just hiding disguised as a metal dinosaur". I never got into that.

Some things I do like that people seem to hate are some of the Star Wars crossovers. Not all of them, mind you, but with a head swap here and there and a dash of paint, they make decent 'bots and 'cons. Definitely not deserving of the derision that I have seen them get from many.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #52
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Galvatron View Post
Really? Wow. You should at least take the batteries out though, because we all know who he is lol.
even without the batteries, i hate the swords and getting tje arms lined up, or getting the chest panels out

also the henkei figures, there are a few that drastically improve the figure, megs, astrotrain, and smokescreen, smokes is the only one of them i've bought, i do kind of want a sunstreaker because the chrome is in the same location as g1, but i'm not going to go out and buy a whole bunch of figures for double the price of the american version because it's shiny

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #53
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I'm not liking Unicron too much. I really wish they would redo him, fixing the back area (making a full sphere), doing away with the removable panels and removing the chest missile gimmick for more movie accuracy.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #54
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

TFM1 Lawson exclusive gold Bumblebee: A craptastic toy that averages for $300 USD. Why?...Exclusivity? Insanity!!!

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #55
jackwacko
Classic

Animated Arcee.. Went down to the states to get it, cuz every buddy was murdering others for them.. Ended up selling them after looking at how murderously PINK it was.

Classics Bumblebee: Actually just bought it yesterday, since it was CLASSICS BUMBLEBEE, but after opening it and transforming it once.. It really isn't worth the $13 MISB I paid =.=

Feedback Thread:Cybertron.ca
jackwacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #56
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

RID Prime.

Everyone seems to love that toy and treats it like it's the second coming of Christ.

I think he's a complicated partsformer that looks nothing like Optimus when he's in his "Super" mode.

I've owned him 3 times now and sold him 3 times. He's always on the chopping block first when I trim my collection.

Cheers!
-Ian
Old 08-23-2010, 09:58 PM   #57
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberman View Post
Henkei, like, anything [Except Megatron].

People seem to hold Takara versions up as the be-all and end-all, but to be honest, most of the time I really do prefer the Hasbro versions. I also hate chrome because I hate damage but love to actually fiddle with the toys, and chrome is a heartless damage magnet.
I also totally agree.

I only buy the Takara version if there is a good reason, like Binaltech or Henkei Ironhide and Cyclonus.

I don't like diecast. Like chrome, it makes the figure special, but at the cost of paint chipping......

If your wondering, I never touch my Binaltech figures. I like having it and looking at it, but stay away because of the paint chipping gremlin.
ConvoyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #58
DeltaCommando17
I AM NEMESIS PRIME!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroman2 View Post
Have you ever been in the situation where you don't care for a figure, but everyone else is beating the crap out of each other to get one? I have. For me, it's Generations Drift. Everyone is in love with him, but I think his head is ugly and I don't much care for the character. I'm waiting for Blurr. I can, however, understand why everyone likes him (articulation, transformation). So, if you have experienced this, post your experience here.
I defiantly agree with you with Generations Drift.

With me and SDCC 08 Nemesis Prime, people practically hate it only because of the blue windows, but with me he's one of my MOST favorite figure in my collection! Reasons why? RID Scourge! He's my favorite evil prime and he's the first one (except for Black Leo Convoy) to be a evil version of prime. And the blue windows on SDCC Nemesis Prime reminded me a lot of the second set of windows for the robot mode chest on RID Scourge, so it all works for me for a black Prime from such a great Prime mold
DeltaCommando17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #59
Frozen_Primal
to continue or not?
Send a message via MSN to Frozen_Primal

For me, it's G1. Yeah, it's the thing that started it all, but nostalgia sucks. Got all the G1 dvds and i can't even watch them anymore because there's so "bleh". I got a little bunch of G1 and reissues and they are stored away.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #60
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Here's another:

Universe Leo Prime

I know it's one of those love it or hate it moulds, and while I see where the problems with this toy lie...I still can't help but like the guy!

The only version of this mold I have is the white target exclusive version though.

Tags
dislike, drift, generations, opinion, transformers